Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Beginners Archery Range

Old 07-16-2010, 08:44 PM   #1
okarcherymomma

okarcherymomma is on a distinguished road
Default New here with a question

My daughter is just getting into shooting with the 4 H group and wants a compound. She has been shooting just a cheapo long bow for a little over a year and was introduced to the compound and is sold sort of speaking. Anyway have any of you bought or your kids used the Bear Apprentice? If so what do you think is it worth the money or should I look at something else? My Daughter is getting ready to turn 12 and she's about 5'5 now. All advice is greatly appreciated.
okarcherymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:23 PM   #2
pse 24

pse 24 is on a distinguished road

I just saw my buddies sons bow yesterday and it was the same bow. I was very impressed. I think it would be a great bow for her. I think he paid a little under $300.00 for it from Bass Pro but it was brand new.
pse 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:56 PM   #3
pajason

pajason is on a distinguished road

Great bow for under $300. Comes ready to shoot, very adjustable bow. I bought one for my 10 year old brother.
pajason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:15 AM   #4
okarcherymomma

Thank you for your replys but we went another route yesterday. We went to the Archery Outpost grand opening and bought her the Matthews Menace. She got to try it out in the indoor range and loved it. She will get to pick it up Tuesday, they're getting it all set up for her now.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:56 PM   #5
jame

jame is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by okarcherymomma View Post
Thank you for your replys but we went another route yesterday. We went to the Archery Outpost grand opening and bought her the Matthews Menace. She got to try it out in the indoor range and loved it. She will get to pick it up Tuesday, they're getting it all set up for her now.
Be sure and bring her to some of the 3D shoots we have here in OK. She will have a blast shooting them. Indoor will also start up in November.

Now its your turn to get into to shootn. You will have a blast too.
jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:32 PM   #6
okarcherymomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by jame View Post
Be sure and bring her to some of the 3D shoots we have here in OK. She will have a blast shooting them. Indoor will also start up in November.

Now its your turn to get into to shootn. You will have a blast too.
She's wanting to do the 3d shoots but we just don't know where to get her started. As of August we will be living in Tahlequah. So where would be the nearest club to join? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. As for me, I haven't shot a bow in a good 20 years. But these 3d shoots sure look like fun for me so I just might have to pick up a bow again.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:09 PM   #7
jame

jame is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by okarcherymomma View Post
She's wanting to do the 3d shoots but we just don't know where to get her started. As of August we will be living in Tahlequah. So where would be the nearest club to join? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. As for me, I haven't shot a bow in a good 20 years. But these 3d shoots sure look like fun for me so I just might have to pick up a bow again.
Talequah Im not sure. I have a range here in Durant. I know some guys that live in that area so i will see if they know of any. You might PM Daniel Boone cause He knows about more ranges in that area or close to that area than I do. Good luck and please feel free to shoot me a PM anytime if I can help in anyway.
Jame Jamison
jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:08 PM   #8
fish and teach

fish and teach is on a distinguished road
Default New here with a question

It's great to here that your daughter is hooked. Both of my kids are involved in 4-H shooting sports. It's a great organization. 3-D shoots are great. When we went to our first shoot all we had were bows, a $7.00 quiver and 6 arrows each. Both kids left with all their arrows so I was happy. They are truly hooked on shooting and I'm more than happy to go along. Keep up the good work.
fish and teach is offline   Reply With Quote