Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 12-02-2006, 08:28 PM   #1
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default 5 Spot vs Single Spot

Ok what is going on here I can shoot a single spot and slap arrows in the 5 ring all day but when I go to the 5 spot I put arrows everywhere. I was shooting a 5 spot the other day and completely missed the target. Is this possibly due to a lack of concentration or could it just be a mental flaw(no smart a$$ comments here please). I am getting very frustrated. HELP

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 08:33 PM   #2
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

used to happen to me all the time......then I switched to a five spot all the time....no more worries.....

the problem is you....not your equipment.....maybe someone moved your magnets???

When you are shooting at a five spot the 0 factor is not there.....

the 0 (zero) factor is......when shooting at a five spot you have alot less room for error....meaning if you are off by a little ona single you still get a 4 or maybe a 3 ......but if your off on a five spot by that same amount you looking at 0
Old 12-02-2006, 08:33 PM   #3
brokenarrow
Evil Genius

brokenarrow is on a distinguished road

It's got to be mental...no offense intended...you must be getting distracted...are you seeing spots sorry couldn't help it.

brokenarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 08:35 PM   #4
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
It's got to be mental...no offense intended...you must be getting distracted...are you seeing spots sorry couldn't help it.
thats funny right there,.......
Old 12-02-2006, 08:37 PM   #5
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
used to happen to me all the time......then I switched to a five spot all the time....no more worries.....

the problem is you....not your equipment.....maybe someone moved your magnets???

When you are shooting at a five spot the 0 factor is not there.....

the 0 (zero) factor is......when shooting at a five spot you have alot less room for error....meaning if you are off by a little ona single you still get a 4 or maybe a 3 ......but if your off on a five spot by that same amount you looking at 0
So then I should continue to shoot the 5 spot and wait for things to improve??? Thanks buddy for the insight.

"HONDA"
Old 12-02-2006, 08:41 PM   #6
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
So then I should continue to shoot the 5 spot and wait for things to improve??? Thanks buddy for the insight.
dont wait too long indoor season might be over before things improve for a guy w/ your skills..... j/k
Old 12-02-2006, 08:42 PM   #7
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

Quote:
Oh gee..............that is so funny. YES I AM SEEING SPOTS. Thanks for all the help. J/K I knew I left the door wide open for that.

"HONDA"
Old 12-02-2006, 08:45 PM   #8
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
Oh gee..............that is so funny. YES I AM SEEING SPOTS. Thanks for all the help. J/K I knew I left the door wide open for that.
you didnt think that was funny???? then you need to leave......
Old 12-02-2006, 08:48 PM   #9
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

Quote:
you didnt think that was funny???? then you need to leave......
No way can you get rid of me. I like hanging out with all the other RIF RAF.

"HONDA"
Old 12-02-2006, 08:50 PM   #10
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
No way can you get rid of me. I like hanging out with all the other RIF RAF.
yeah you found somplace to fit in....maybe Chris will let us make a RIFRAFVILLE.....
Old 12-02-2006, 08:52 PM   #11
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

Quote:
yeah you found somplace to fit in....maybe Chris will let us make a RIFRAFVILLE.....
I'm runnin for mayor. Or maybe Sheriff????????

"HONDA"
Old 12-02-2006, 08:56 PM   #12
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
you.....sheriff....I think not....

you would have to go thru some serious tests to become sheriff.....

do you like coffee? dougnuts?.....extra dipping glaze???
Old 12-02-2006, 09:03 PM   #13
brokenarrow
Evil Genius

Quote:
That would be cool...Then Dredly could buy a vacation home there...

Old 12-02-2006, 09:04 PM   #14
brokenarrow
Evil Genius

Quote:
Can I be your Deputy???

Old 12-02-2006, 09:08 PM   #15
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
Can I be your Deputy???
deputy dog......

dredly wants a vacation home???probably in NYC???
Old 12-02-2006, 10:30 PM   #16
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

Quote:
Can I be your Deputy???
You sure can and your first order of business is to find some charge we can pin on Bowman to get him ran out of town.

"HONDA"
Old 12-02-2006, 10:45 PM   #17
Frank

Frank is on a distinguished road
Default Mental issue

Actually this is a mental issue, another person is having the same problem. He can sink arrows all day long in the single spot but when he starts shooting multiple spots he is all over and also misses the target. I would suggest that you go back to basics shooting multiple spots start with shooting at 10yrds. as you start sinking arrows were you want them step back to 15yrs and continue to shoot and so on(same thing as blank bale shooting IMO). You just have to overcome the mental barrier of shooting a different target. I hope this helps good luck.
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 10:50 PM   #18
brokenarrow
Evil Genius

Quote:
You sure can and your first order of business is to find some charge we can pin on Bowman to get him ran out of town.
First we need to figure out what is a punishable offense...Like blaitent threadjacking...
In the FIRST DEGREE!!

Old 12-02-2006, 11:16 PM   #19
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank View Post
Actually this is a mental issue, another person is having the same problem. He can sink arrows all day long in the single spot but when he starts shooting multiple spots he is all over and also misses the target. I would suggest that you go back to basics shooting multiple spots start with shooting at 10yrds. as you start sinking arrows were you want them step back to 15yrs and continue to shoot and so on(same thing as blank bale shooting IMO). You just have to overcome the mental barrier of shooting a different target. I hope this helps good luck.
Thanks Frank I have been doing some 10 yard drills and alot of blank baling to try and relax and just feel the shot. I guess its kinda like when I had TP just gonna take some time to fix.

"HONDA"
Old 12-03-2006, 02:17 AM   #20
ib4hoyt
Riff Raff

ib4hoyt is on a distinguished road

its all in your head, right between your ears........your afraid that you'll miss .

1 arrow at a time in the middle .............don't make me give you a
ib4hoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 07:33 AM   #21
Radar
Story of my life

Radar will become famous soon enough

A couple years ago I had the same problem. I just kept on shooting them, cause singles where tearing up my arrows. I have kinda trained myself to concentrate on the X and nothing else, I am not worried about hitting anything else but that X......Well sometimes I don't hit that X. But I am also not worried about missing the target either. because if I do everything right the arrow will be there. It is just a little mental issue I have with myself. A guy I used to work with told me to try to look at how many X's I have missed not how many fives. and it has helped. I have not shot a 300 yet I am real big on the 299's. so I still have some mental rearrangement to do also.

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 08:11 AM   #22
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
. I have not shot a 300 yet I am real big on the 299's. so I still have some mental rearrangement to do also.
let me guess it comes down to that last arrow???
Old 12-03-2006, 08:18 AM   #23
Radar
Story of my life

Radar will become famous soon enough

Quote:
let me guess it comes down to that last arrow???

Sometimes I can be such a HEAD CASE!

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 06:42 PM   #24
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Sometimes I can be such a HEAD CASE!
most of my 299's are from the last arrow in the first half or the last arrow in the second half......when i used to shot single spot....I would get tighter and tighter groups all night long untill the last couple of rounds the groups were so tight I would deflect off and out of the five completly.....
Old 12-04-2006, 01:07 AM   #25
rdnkgrl_robinhood

rdnkgrl_robinhood is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to rdnkgrl_robinhood

I was having the same problem this week. I decided to shoot this little indoor league just to get my feet wet. I mean I just started shooting in July of this year and I wanted to try a small league just to see how things work and such. Anyway they give you the option of shooting a single or a five spot. I noticed that the majority of people shoot a five spot, so I decided I would try my hand at that too. I will tell you what, I sucked! Normally I can hit the same spot all day, but shooting the five killed me. On average if I shoot a five my score is around 265 if I shoot a single I am closer to 285. Thats a huge difference. (Now all you boys that shoot 290 and up dont laugh at me..I am still kinda new to this stuff)
Anyway shooting such a sucky score on the five spot I thought I would go ahead and practice on a single just to see if I shot any better.. I'll be damned if I didnt split my arrow. I can keep a really tight group on a single spot all day, but when I float I really stink. I guess it is just something that I will have to get used to. Anyway although I shoot better on a single I cant afford it (my third robinhood since I started shooting in July) so I will just practice harder on the five spot and take my scores as they come.
Also I think I would likely shoot better if I had a better sight. Right now I am shooting a standard 5 pin truglo. I would love to get one of those fancy sights with a little magnafication on it! (its on my Christmas list )

Anyway makes me feel better knowing I am not the only one with this problem.
Maybe in a year or so I will shoot a perfect 300

Rdnkgrl

Last edited by rdnkgrl_robinhood; 12-04-2006 at 01:10 AM.
rdnkgrl_robinhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:14 AM   #26
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnkgrl_robinhood View Post
I was having the same problem this week. I decided to shoot this little indoor league just to get my feet wet. I mean I just started shooting in July of this year and I wanted to try a small league just to see how things work and such. Anyway they give you the option of shooting a single or a five spot. I noticed that the majority of people shoot a five spot, so I decided I would try my hand at that too. I will tell you what, I sucked! Normally I can hit the same spot all day, but shooting the five killed me. On average if I shoot a five my score is around 265 if I shoot a single I am closer to 285. Thats a huge difference. (Now all you boys that shoot 290 and up dont laugh at me..I am still kinda new to this stuff)
Anyway shooting such a sucky score on the five spot I thought I would go ahead and practice on a single just to see if I shot any better.. I'll be damned if I didnt split my arrow. I can keep a really tight group on a single spot all day, but when I float I really stink. I guess it is just something that I will have to get used to. Anyway although I shoot better on a single I cant afford it (my third robinhood since I started shooting in July) so I will just practice harder on the five spot and take my scores as they come.
Also I think I would likely shoot better if I had a better sight. Right now I am shooting a standard 5 pin truglo. I would love to get one of those fancy sights with a little magnafication on it! (its on my Christmas list )

Anyway makes me feel better knowing I am not the only one with this problem.
Maybe in a year or so I will shoot a perfect 300

Rdnkgrl
Well heck rdnkgrl that is a fantastic score you are shooting. Do not let others tell any different as long as you are having fun thats what matters do not take it so serious that you stop enjoying the sport. But you must always strive to improve that is also important. Be sure to let us know what Santa brings you.

"HONDA"
Old 12-04-2006, 01:01 PM   #27
rdnkgrl_robinhood

rdnkgrl_robinhood is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to rdnkgrl_robinhood
Thumbs up

Quote:
Well heck rdnkgrl that is a fantastic score you are shooting. Do not let others tell any different as long as you are having fun thats what matters do not take it so serious that you stop enjoying the sport. But you must always strive to improve that is also important. Be sure to let us know what Santa brings you.
Yeah, I dont see myself givin up any time soon. I love shooting a bow, even if all I ever shoot are those five little spots. I just wish I would have started years ago.

But I think I may have to buy a bigger Christmas stocking... I think santa will be hard pressed to fit that new Hoyt bow and the nifty new sights in the one the that I currently have hanging.

Rdnkgrl
rdnkgrl_robinhood is offline   Reply With Quote