Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 10-05-2010, 03:35 PM   #41
ba3darcher

ba3darcher is on a distinguished road

I do believe what they have done is truly wrong and I am not taking up for them in any way. They should be punished but it will be very difficult. I would believe some people will collect some money but nothing close to the amounts they were told.
ba3darcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:35 PM   #42
Chequamegon
Cricket Spitting Champ

Chequamegon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba3darcher View Post
Ok, let me break this down for you, I looked at the link provided in an earlier post, it does not say $250,000 guaranteed to be given away. it does say "guaranteed to a position in the $128,000.00 in the 64 bracket final" it also says "guaranteed $500.00 if...." Do you see the difference. It does not say guaranteed $128,000.00 in prize money only guaranteed to the bracket of 64. this is what I was getting at in my previous post regarding it is all in how something is worded. It is a common misnomer that just because "guaranteed" is in the publication or flier you are going to get that amount of money.
You must be the promoter?
Chequamegon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:36 PM   #43
ba3darcher

no..I am not
Old 10-05-2010, 10:11 PM   #44
jame

jame is on a distinguished road

You know it may not say it on the Flier as guaranteed but they did announce it in the finals that it was guaranteed. When Sam and I shot the final rd it was announced that one of us was guaranteed $16,000 and the other one was guaranteed $32,000. They also guaranteed us that the checks would be in the mail. We filled out 1099's for each event we won and the final rds. I took pictures of my 1099's.

Now if that isnt supposed to be guarantee then I dont know what is.
jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:15 PM   #45
Chequamegon
Cricket Spitting Champ

Ba3darcher......you are splitting hairs.

Bottom line is all those entered in this event were led to believe that $250,000 would be paid out.

Now, are you are saying that "$250,000 cash and prizes" (Advertized) means nothing unless they write garanteed in these advertisments? is this correct?

BTW would you like to come to a tournament?

Last edited by Chequamegon; 10-05-2010 at 10:18 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:58 PM   #46
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Jame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jame View Post
You know it may not say it on the Flier as guaranteed but they did announce it in the finals that it was guaranteed. When Sam and I shot the final rd it was announced that one of us was guaranteed $16,000 and the other one was guaranteed $32,000. They also guaranteed us that the checks would be in the mail. We filled out 1099's for each event we won and the final rds. I took pictures of my 1099's.

Now if that isnt supposed to be guarantee then I dont know what is.
Jame they really meant you owe them money when they had you fill out a 1099 Totally sucks for you and others. Nothing but a ripp off and lies to the archers. Jame telling it like it is. He was there.
DB
Old 10-06-2010, 07:59 AM   #47
dicksenn
14 Ring for Me!

dicksenn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chequamegon View Post
You must be the promoter?
I assure you he is not and it's really not something you should be accusing someone of being if you have no clue!

I think what BA and others are trying to get across is yes this is a terrible thing and they should definitely be punished, but nowadays everything comes down to what can be proven in a court of law and yes the fact that whomever the promoter was didn't actually guarantee the money (he did guarantee $500 and a spot to shoot for money, but not the actual grand prize according to the flyer) will work in his favor and his lawyers will use it.

I hope everyone that was scammed really gets there money and sues the crap out of him, but like others have stated it's not going to be easy and something like this could be wrapped up in court for a long time if the promoter has a good lawyer.

Just because we say it's going to be difficult doesn't mean we support this at all we are just pointing out some of the difficulties you going to have trying to get your money, that's all.

It would probably be best if some of you just showed up at the promoters front door.
dicksenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:07 AM   #48
ba3darcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chequamegon View Post
Ba3darcher......you are splitting hairs.

Bottom line is all those entered in this event were led to believe that $250,000 would be paid out.

Now, are you are saying that "$250,000 cash and prizes" (Advertized) means nothing unless they write garanteed in these advertisments? is this correct?

BTW would you like to come to a tournament?
what do you think attorneys are paid to do...?
Old 10-06-2010, 09:54 AM   #49
Chequamegon
Cricket Spitting Champ

That is the problem with society!

What ever happened to honor, respect, ones word, the hand shake.......all gone!

Certain types of persons are going to take sides and defend those that can afford to pay them too........something the little guy cannot.

This is a sad time we live in, the snake oil salesmen are protected, those that they con are forgotten.

We all know what the intent and sham is here, lets call it what it is.

I will let this alone now before, some persons decide I am liable, find a way to pull me in and some how make me responsible, half a country away......
Old 10-06-2010, 10:04 AM   #50
TMax27

TMax27 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
This is right from the flyer. I see garantee on this several times.

DB

Anyone Can Win the $32,000 Grand Prize!
Regardless of any Score on any Range, many people will make the Semifinals by sheer LUCK. Numerous lucky shots at the Balloon Pop, Draw Poker, and the Genesis Bow Shoots will qualify contestants to the Semifinals. Lucky shots at the Semifinal's Flu-Flu Shoot will guarantee a position(s) in the $128,000, 64-Bracket Final.
Making it to the Finals, guarantees you a minimum of $500.00.
The person having the most fun at the Red-Neck Parade, (I know how to have fun!!!) And one persons' name drawn from the hat..., are guaranteed to the $128,000, 64-Bracket Final. More about LUCKY SHOT to Semifinals...
DB, re-read BA's responses on this thread, they sum things up well. The only "guarantee is $500 if you make the final.
2009 Elite GT500 w/ Cuda Cams 25" 47lbs- Pink Ninja
TMax27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:06 AM   #51
TMax27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksenn View Post
It would probably be best if some of you just showed up at the promoters front door.
Not trying to be a pesimis, but this would be worth way more than the $500 guaranteed final.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:13 AM   #52
TMax27

Quote:
Anyone Can (anyone can but apparenty they meant someone won't) Win the $32,000 Grand Prize!
Regardless of any Score on any Range, many people will make the Semifinals by sheer LUCK. Numerous lucky shots at the Balloon Pop, Draw Poker, and the Genesis Bow Shoots will qualify contestants to the Semifinals. Lucky shots at the Semifinal's Flu-Flu Shoot will guarantee a position(s) in the $128,000 (could as easily been called the "DB's Danceathon), 64-Bracket Final.
Making it to the Finals, guarantees you a minimum of $500.00 (the only guarantee I see) .
The person having the most fun at the Red-Neck Parade, (I know how to have fun!!!) And one persons' name drawn from the hat..., are guaranteed to the $128,000 (again could have been easily called the Donald Duck Dash, 64-Bracket Final), 64-Bracket Final. More about LUCKY SHOT to Semifinals...
My remarks in RED

This whole deal really, really me. I just don't see a group at the end of all this.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:41 AM   #53
Daniel Boone

Default I see the word garantee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMax27 View Post
My remarks in RED

This whole deal really, really me. I just don't see a group at the end of all this.
$500.00 is saying the minimum you can win and that means the other should be garanteed. I quess one see it different if they werent entered.

Ill take Jame word they told him they would get paid, thats a contract right there just saying it. If one cant read that that flyer and see the word garantee many times and feel it means garanteed pay outs. I just see it different and comprehend it differently.

If you were entered into the tournament, Im sure you would comprehend it differently.

Good point, it come to we need a signed contract before entering a tournament to get paid. Crap.
DB
DB
Old 10-06-2010, 10:44 AM   #54
Daniel Boone

Default Post

Quote:
DB, re-read BA's responses on this thread, they sum things up well. The only "guarantee is $500 if you make the final.
I dont need to reread it. Lawyer might see it David way. But I can see where a lawyer can comprehend it as garanteed purse. Quess we need to get flyers read by lawyers before entering a tournament now days.
DB
Old 10-06-2010, 11:02 AM   #55
TMax27

Quote:
$500.00 is saying the minimum you can win and that means the other should be garanteed. I quess one see it different if they werent entered.

Ill take Jame word they told him they would get paid, thats a contract right there just saying it. If one cant read that that flyer and see the word garantee many times and feel it means garanteed pay outs. I just see it different and comprehend it differently.

If you were entered into the tournament, Im sure you would comprehend it differently.

Good point, it come to we need a signed contract before entering a tournament to get paid. Crap.
DB
DB
Unfortuanely in today's world its not about how we (you and I and everyother shooter who enters tournaments) see it, its about the folks that want to put the screws to us lawyers see it. I can see clearly where it says "guarantee" several times in the flier, but I also deal w/ the way things are worded make a world of difference when you get money and lawyers involved everyday of the week.

I see it the way you see it, but I also can see it the way a greedy schister w/ good lawyers sees it. Believe me, I been around plenty of races and contests where big entry fees where put up, and you just go believing the promoter will do the right thing at the end.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:08 AM   #56
TMax27

Quote:
Quess we need to get flyers read by lawyers before entering a tournament now days.
DB
Wouldn't be a bad idea to have some sort of contract at the sign-ups for big money shoots, especially these totally independant shoots. There are three that I can think of right off the top of my head where the winner can take home $2000 plus dollars that are not affiliated w/ ASA or IBO.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:33 AM   #57
JAVI

JAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud of

I think everyone is a loser in this deal, them young fellows that put it on and all the shooters who showed up.. If what I've heard is correct they sure didn't walk away with any money in their pockets either.. I expect that the LLC has no real assets and the two young fellows ain't either.. Which means that any judgement awarded will not be worth the paper it's written on..

Everybody put their money on the COME LINE and then threw snake eyes... It's a mess and it's a bad thing for all concerned including the archery community as a whole...

I just hate to see y'all spend money on a law suit and lose even more.. the COME LINE pays big... but you don't hit it all that often...
Old 10-06-2010, 11:36 AM   #58
ba3darcher

I am not trying to offend anyone or upset anyone, just pointing this is alot more complex than alot of people think. Just because something is in print doesn't make it always so, alot depends on how it is worded. In a court of law a case has to be proven, meaning the one suing has to prove his case against the defendant, not the other way around. It has to be proven it was the intent of the promoters to defraud all participants. It is a shame this happened and is very unfortunate a person can"t be taken by his word, or an agreement cant be done on a handshake anymore. Society today is all about "me". Everyone wanting and know one giving, it's really sad. But that is off the subject. To all participants who had to sign a 1099, please check you credit cards and credit ratings as the promoters of this event probably just obtained your social security number which leads to theft identity.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:40 AM   #59
ba3darcher

to anyone who is wandering I am not an attorney but have dealt with them and the courts for over 20+years. I am sorry this happened and good luck to all. I will not be posting anymore on this thread.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:18 PM   #60
Daniel Boone

Default Lawyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
I think everyone is a loser in this deal, them young fellows that put it on and all the shooters who showed up.. If what I've heard is correct they sure didn't walk away with any money in their pockets either.. I expect that the LLC has no real assets and the two young fellows ain't either.. Which means that any judgement awarded will not be worth the paper it's written on..

Everybody put their money on the COME LINE and then threw snake eyes... It's a mess and it's a bad thing for all concerned including the archery community as a whole...

I just hate to see y'all spend money on a law suit and lose even more.. the COME LINE pays big... but you don't hit it all that often...
No one has to spend a dime if one lawyer reviews the case and feels there money to find or get a percentage. Often good lawyers can find the money trail. Someone put the big bucks up with deep pockets. Sure worth letting a lawyer look at it. Lots of hungrey lawyers.
DB
DB
Old 10-06-2010, 12:22 PM   #61
JAVI

JAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud of

Quote:
No one has to spend a dime if one lawyer reviews the case and feels there money to find or get a percentage. Often good lawyers can find the money trail. Someone put the big bucks up with deep pockets. Sure worth letting a lawyer look at it. Lots of hungrey lawyers.
DB
DB

Dan, I've noticed that GOOD Attorneys are rarely hungry
Old 10-06-2010, 01:50 PM   #62
bout

bout is on a distinguished road
Default we are getting a great

Attorney to help us stop these #SS from ever doing this again.....
bout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:52 PM   #63
jame

Quote:

There were 5 individuals involved not 2. 5 people have alot to lose. I dont see 5 people filing bank ruptcy. Some of the individuals involved have companies that Im sure they dont want to lose but there ass's shouldnt have guaranteed the money (they did guarantee it). I hope there ass's get nailed for it.

Now to the guarantee. If everyone would read what I posted they will see that not only does it say guarantee on the flyer they alsoo guaranteed before we shot the flew flew arrows and they did that in front of everyone at the meeting. Well over 120 people. There word against ours. It was said and I will swear on oath to that. Not only did they guarantee it to be paid but they guaranteed that it was in the bank. I also talked to one of the guys on the phone (Mark Post) and he guaranteed it to me as well. Said we would be paid before any of the vendors. It was also guaranteed during the finals that one of us would go home with $16000 and the other with $32000. Also Mike Braden, Jerry Boyles, Brett York ( I think ) and Tomy Gomez all went to meeting with them and it was guaranteed then also.
Now that is a bunch of guarantees and I do know there are lawyers out there that will work on a case and will agree to be paid when we are paid.
I honestly cant beleive there is all this stuff even being brought up on here. Just doesnt make any sense. Lets give who ever all the fire power they want.

Last edited by jame; 10-06-2010 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:59 PM   #64
jame

Quote:
My remarks in RED

Guarantees $500 to everyone who makes the final 64. Its just stupid to think we have to have guarantee all over the flyer. I dont think anything like this could hold up in court. No way. Its fraud. Its false advertisement and like I said before why should anyone even be pointing stupid crap out like this. Just dont make any sense. Just give the fraud guys and gals more ammo and I guess we should all go shake there hand tell them awesome job for frauding trusting and hard working archers.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:09 PM   #65
JAVI

Jame I really hope y'all can get the funds you won... Excuse me for being skeptical but years of dealing with things like this have made me that way... Best of luck..
Old 10-06-2010, 03:29 PM   #66
Allen

Allen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Jame I really hope y'all can get the funds you won... Excuse me for being skeptical but years of dealing with things like this have made me that way... Best of luck..
Have to agree with JAVI. In a situation like this, often the only ones who win in the end are the lawyers.

I really hope you can get something out of these crooks, but it sounds like they may be very experienced in skirting the law.

Good luck with this,
Allen
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:17 PM   #67
TMax27

Quote:
Guarantees $500 to everyone who makes the final 64. Its just stupid to think we have to have guarantee all over the flyer. I dont think anything like this could hold up in court. No way. Its fraud. Its false advertisement and like I said before why should anyone even be pointing stupid crap out like this. Just dont make any sense. Just give the fraud guys and gals more ammo and I guess we should all go shake there hand tell them awesome job for frauding trusting and hard working archers.
Do I agree w/ the way SNAF, LLC. has handled this? NOOOOOOO!

I do know it, above most everyone else who's owed money, stinks to be you because of the shear amount of $$$ you are owed. I hope you get your money!!!! I hope everyone get the $$$ owed to them. You're right, we shouldn't have to have umpteen billion guarantees on fliers and have a contract law lawyer on speed dial everytime we go to a shoot. Unfortuanately there are those out there that won't miss a minutes sleep at night frauding trusting hard working archers.... and that all of us.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:32 PM   #68
jame

I will say this Chris Berry is really working hard on trying to get things rolling in our favor and from what I understand he is getting it done. Whether or not we get our money I sure hope we cost them a ton and make there lives very miserable.
jame
Old 10-06-2010, 05:46 PM   #69
mathewsgirl13
Pinky

mathewsgirl13 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
There were 5 individuals involved not 2. 5 people have alot to lose. I dont see 5 people filing bank ruptcy. Some of the individuals involved have companies that Im sure they dont want to lose but there ass's shouldnt have guaranteed the money (they did guarantee it). I hope there ass's get nailed for it.

Now to the guarantee. If everyone would read what I posted they will see that not only does it say guarantee on the flyer they alsoo guaranteed before we shot the flew flew arrows and they did that in front of everyone at the meeting. Well over 120 people. There word against ours. It was said and I will swear on oath to that. Not only did they guarantee it to be paid but they guaranteed that it was in the bank. I also talked to one of the guys on the phone (Mark Post) and he guaranteed it to me as well. Said we would be paid before any of the vendors. It was also guaranteed during the finals that one of us would go home with $16000 and the other with $32000. Also Mike Braden, Jerry Boyles, Brett York ( I think ) and Tomy Gomez all went to meeting with them and it was guaranteed then also.
Now that is a bunch of guarantees and I do know there are lawyers out there that will work on a case and will agree to be paid when we are paid.
I honestly cant beleive there is all this stuff even being brought up on here. Just doesnt make any sense. Lets give who ever all the fire power they want.
It maybe their word against ours Jame... but I know someone that has it all on video.... so that's one in our corner!
Old 10-06-2010, 05:58 PM   #70
DeluxeRaider
SEMI

DeluxeRaider is on a distinguished road

Here is what it said on the website regarding the finals and payout:

Quote:
Southern National Archery Festival
Finals
Finals Contestants' may use any bow or equipment of their choice, excluding Cross Bows and Foot Bows.

You have the option to change equipment for each round in the competition; howeveryou must complete each round with the equipment you started with.

Round 1
1. Shooting pairs (#1 seed vx. #64 seed) will shoot five arrows at a revolving target.

2. As their target revolves into the shooting lane, five scoring rings wwill be revealed (5-pts, 10-pts, 25-pts, 50-pts, and 100-pts).

3. Shoot one arrow per revolution.

4. Five arrows will score.

5. Add the seeding bonus points.

6. The lower score of the pair goes to the Pay-Window. ($500.00)

7. The high score moves to the next round.

Round 2 (32 Contestantsís Left)
1. Shooting pairs will shoot a 3D Moving Target Course.

2. Six arrows will score.

3. Contestants with the lowest score go to the Pay-Window. ($1,000.00)

4. High score moves to the next round.

Round 3 (16 Contestantsís Left)
1. Three 6"-plates, two 4"-plates, one 2"-plate will be shot by the pair of contestant's.

2. The first shooters to break all their plates move on to the next round.

3. The other contestants go to the Pay-Window. ($2,000)

Round 4 (8 Contestantsís Left)
1. Each contestant will shoot 3 arrows at a 3D Strutting (revolving) Turkey.

2. Shoot one arrow at the three scoring zones. (front, left side, right side)

3. 12-pts, 10-pts, 8-pts, and 5-pts for scoring zones

4. The contestants with the lowest scores go to the Pay-Window. ($4,000.00)

Round 5 (4 Contestantsís Left)
1. A 10-target 3D Pop-Up range will be shot by both competitors.

2. Low score waits for the awards ceremonies final podium and their $8,000.00 winnings.

3. The high score goes to the final round.

Final Round (2 Contestants Left)
1. Contestants will shoot a combination of all the preceding events.

2. You must break the 2"-disk on each target before shooting the next target.

3. Shoot each target as quick as you can and move on to the next target.

4. The 1st contestant breaking the final target, our camera lens, is our GRAND CHAMPION.

5. Winner receives $32,000.00.

6. The second place shooter joins the winners at the awards ceremony's podium to collect $16,000.00.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:14 PM   #71
Daniel Boone

Default Very good

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathewsgirl13 View Post
It maybe their word against ours Jame... but I know someone that has it all on video.... so that's one in our corner!
Kinda hard to lie when its all caught on video. Good Luck guys!
DB
Old 10-06-2010, 10:55 PM   #72
jame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathewsgirl13 View Post
All I can say is awesome. Make sure you contact Chris Berry with this information.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:03 AM   #73
bout

I am back on it again I got tied up on some log thiefs.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:54 PM   #74
bout

Default OK here we go again

I have been Very busy putting folks in jail now back to putting some other folks in JAIL:::::

I will work on this over the weekend.

I just got off the phone with the AG of TX :
First we need to file a complaint with the AG of TX to see if they will take our case as criminal case.

I will work on a letter and fill out the form with my name blank and the amount owed and than lay down all the info I have on how to find and copy of website and etc.

We should be able to just fax the info in to the AG office after you fill in your part

We also need to file a complaint with Federal Trade Commission (we should be able to just copy and paste same info.( More to come on that)

For those of us who donít live in TX we need to file a complaint with our own AG office.

We are going to be talking to an attorney on the phone today one way or another LOL.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:53 AM   #75
Broken Arrow 7

Broken Arrow 7 is on a distinguished road
Default Can't believe it...

Any new information?

I was told by Jerry B. that there is a 45 day wait before checks would be mailed. Has anyone else heard this?

I shot in the Trad class and I have a half a dozen Trad shooters that won money that are mad as well and would be willing to file to get they're money.

Most of the are in Oklahoma.
Broken Arrow 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:15 AM   #76
bout

Default I never heard that one

I am working on a case for the AG office I don't think they were going to pay us .
Old 10-14-2010, 12:54 PM   #77
bout

Default New info

please call I have some new info to pass on.

Please start working on how much you are owed and ECT. We have lots of info already ...( I just want to make sure no one gets left out)

Please PM me with contact info or email it to bout@wildblue.net
Old 12-01-2010, 03:01 PM   #78
bout

Default Our case was taken on today

even if you did not make the top 64 but you shot please get me your contact info we are moving forward.........
Old 12-04-2010, 08:46 AM   #79
DBLLNGR

DBLLNGR is an unknown quantity at this point

This kind of crap happens everywhere I shot a central wisconsin 3d callange and you had to shoot 3 tournaments to qualify for the championship well I did all that and I shot and won the championship and i never got my winnings out of it and now the guy wont even contact me
DBLLNGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:13 PM   #80
Chequamegon
Cricket Spitting Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLLNGR View Post
This kind of crap happens everywhere I shot a central wisconsin 3d callange and you had to shoot 3 tournaments to qualify for the championship well I did all that and I shot and won the championship and i never got my winnings out of it and now the guy wont even contact me

May I ask whom or what club(s) your are talking about? (You may PM me if you don't want to talk about this on a public forum.

I ask because I am with the Central Wisconsin Sportsmens Club. We have always paid. The longest I can remember was about 30 days for a shoot. Most of the payout was sponsor money and our treasurer was in Washington, and the fact that there was over $1500 paid we waited for him to return.

Eric

Sorry for the hijack! I just don't want a club with a simular name to be associated with the above statement.

Last edited by Chequamegon; 12-04-2010 at 06:16 PM.