Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 11-24-2010, 12:08 PM   #1
JDX--

JDX-- will become famous soon enough
Default Did you ever wonder?

Why is there so much about Drama in archery, I donít think thereís a day that doesnít go by someone isnít whining or having a personal issue. Is it an age thing from youngsters to old folks being involved?

Really who cares what someone said, a company designed, a person wanted or bought and or what brand name or type of bow, arrow release or sight they have a interest in.

If we try to run people off, then we really arenít any better then the victim and for the most part folks come to these sites for a reason and that is to socialize, ask what some folks think are dumb questions and to learn and improve. The biggest issue we have today versus 10 years ago is the lack of respect for other archers and the acceptance to slam and agitate others versus helping and general communications.

Only my opinion

JDX-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:17 PM   #2
wilkersonhunter
In God we trust

wilkersonhunter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDX-- View Post
Why is there so much about Drama in archery, I donít think thereís a day that doesnít go by someone isnít whining or having a personal issue. Is it an age thing from youngsters to old folks being involved?

Really who cares what someone said, a company designed, a person wanted or bought and or what brand name or type of bow, arrow release or sight they have a interest in.

If we try to run people off, then we really arenít any better then the victim and for the most part folks come to these sites for a reason and that is to socialize, ask what some folks think are dumb questions and to learn and improve. The biggest issue we have today versus 10 years ago is the lack of respect for other archers and the acceptance to slam and agitate others versus helping and general communications.

Only my opinion
without a doubt the best thread on this site
[/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff
wilkersonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:03 PM   #3
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Only my opinion
The more posts of yours I read, the more I think your a pretty smart fella........even if you do shoot a Mathews. OH CRAP wait I shoot a Mathews too.

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:35 PM   #4
Radar
Story of my life

Radar will become famous soon enough

For the most part I think its the whole computer thing. people will say all kinds of stuff because no one knows who they are. I generally never type anything I wouldnt tell someone to there face but thats just me. Or it could be that no one has anything smart to say about an question someone posts that they feel the need to bash whatever the thread or a comment in it is about to make themselves feel better, smarter, or whatever

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 07:05 PM   #5
jim p

jim p is on a distinguished road

I don't do face book but I hear stories about what people do and say and if it is true there is no drama on any archery sites compared to the gossip sites.

I have to know what all the other archers are doing so that I can decide if I want to use the same equipment or not.
jim p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:04 AM   #6
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
For the most part I think its the whole computer thing. people will say all kinds of stuff because no one knows who they are. I generally never type anything I wouldnt tell someone to there face but thats just me. Or it could be that no one has anything smart to say about an question someone posts that they feel the need to bash whatever the thread or a comment in it is about to make themselves feel better, smarter, or whatever

If I said everything I wanted to say to there face I'ld be banned by 9 am.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:23 AM   #7
VNVGUNNER

VNVGUNNER is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Only my opinion

Excellent point.
B-Stinger, Axcel HD Pro, QAD, Carter RX-1
VNVGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:34 AM   #8
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Really

What sport doesnt have drama?

Golf look at Tiger Woods. College football and the net.

Dont even get me started on softball or baseball, some treat baseball as a religion.

Just human nature when we are so passionate about something to dissagree and have drama. Often it just talk and not that big of deal.
DB

Internet has brought far more folks into archery than ran away. Communacations can be a good thing.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:31 PM   #9
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
What sport doesnt have drama?

Golf look at Tiger Woods. College football and the net.

Dont even get me started on softball or baseball, some treat baseball as a religion.

Just human nature when we are so passionate about something to dissagree and have drama. Often it just talk and not that big of deal.
DB

Internet has brought far more folks into archery than ran away. Communacations can be a good thing.
Goodness, that twice in one day I've had to agree with ya DB.

that's got to be some kind of a record
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:36 PM   #10
cath8r

cath8r is on a distinguished road

I think the drama-bone is connected to the gossip-bone,
the gossip-bone is connected to the envy-bone,
the envy-bone is connected to the entitlement-bone,
the entitlement-bone is connected to the I'm-special-bone......

You get the idea. 90% of archery internet guys are great forum contributors and 10% suck, just like 10% of non-internet forum archers suck the life out of a shooting group, club etc. . Its life. Some guys whine steady most go with the flow.
One thing I hate is that some guys who may dis-agree about an issue are on the forums for 10 hours a day. So they have to have a rebuttal for every guy who has an opinion opposite of theirs. It really wrecks the forum experience.

I don't care about who sold their bow and why, or why you think D.C. should be banned from archery forever, who PSE is gonna steal next.... blah blah blah

I just wish I could find time to shoot indoors a couple more times a week. This shooting one night a week sucks.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:53 AM   #11
Chequamegon
Cricket Spitting Champ

Chequamegon is on a distinguished road

Quote:

If we try to run people off, then we really arenít any better then the victim and for the most part folks come to these sites for a reason and that is to socialize, ask what some folks think are dumb questions and to learn and improve. The biggest issue we have today versus 10 years ago is the lack of respect for other archers and the acceptance to slam and agitate others versus helping and general communications.Only my opinion
The last part of your post is the most over looked! I feel that many are in fictional world when they are online, so they feel they can say and behave anyway they want, with no regard for others. The amazing part is when they are told they are behaving in an inapropriate manor......they are suprised.

I can not speak for Chris, but I believe he does not want this place to be the landing zone for misfit toys. What has been the main topic for conversation here this past week? AT has been the main topic, maybe he should make a section for that, so that those who would like to talk about archery can do so. How is a forum such as this suppose to attract sponsors and new members?

OK now you can bash me.....or give me a hug
Chequamegon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:14 PM   #12
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

there's your hug.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote