Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 11-26-2010, 09:27 PM   #1
smokeetr17

smokeetr17 is on a distinguished road
Default Z9 vs. Elite XLR.

anyone have any ideas on these bows? i have a 31.5 in draw length and will be using it for hunting as well as 3d shoots. both look pretty close in specs, prices etc.. i really like the elite warranty and hunt guarantee, but i have no experience in either mathews or elite. thanks jason.
smokeetr17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 02:24 AM   #2
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Honestly

I shot Mathews for many years. Elite bows are diffiantly the better bows in my opionion and your right the warranty excellant.

Think you will be amazed at the XLR performance and feel. Good back wall and with your long draw it will have enough speed.

I just ordered a 2011 Tour bow which is 38" axle to axle for my 3d bow and indoor bow.

Customer service and warranty blows everone else away.
DB
Old 11-27-2010, 07:04 AM   #3
okarcher
Bow In Hand!

okarcher is on a distinguished road

Agree with everything DB just said and the draw cycle on the XLR will be better than that of the Z9. I believe the Elites are of better quality and definately the best warranty on the market.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:21 AM   #4
smokeetr17

smokeetr17 is on a distinguished road

Awesome, thanks guys. my bowtech is heading for craigslist today! I see an Anthracite finish XLR in my future.
smokeetr17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 09:29 PM   #5
BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by okarcher View Post
Agree with everything DB just said and the draw cycle on the XLR will be better than that of the Z9. I believe the Elites are of better quality and definately the best warranty on the market.
Not saying the XLR is not a great bow but..exactly how can you make that statement??? Nobody will even be able to lay hands on a Z9 till after the dealer show...Always good to cheerlead tho.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:51 PM   #6
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
Not saying the XLR is not a great bow but..exactly how can you make that statement??? Nobody will even be able to lay hands on a Z9 till after the dealer show...Always good to cheerlead tho.
Hmmm........

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:54 AM   #7
Radar
Story of my life

Radar will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
Good call! I had a 2010 XLR with the rev cam and it was a nice bow, just not for me. I have shot the z7 and if the z9 is anything like it on the draw I have a hard time believing that the cycle will be smoother. They are 2 completely different beasts shoot them both and then decide

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:36 AM   #8
shark3

shark3 has a spectacular aura aboutshark3 has a spectacular aura about

who knows i have a friend who shoots a Z7 and he shot my Z28 thought it was smoother than his Z7 i shot his Z7 and thought it was smoother than my Z28 go figure maybe we were just used to what we had and something feeling different put it in our heads each others was smoother
shark3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:28 AM   #9
TMax27

TMax27 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeetr17 View Post
anyone have any ideas on these bows? i have a 31.5 in draw length and will be using it for hunting as well as 3d shoots. both look pretty close in specs, prices etc.. i really like the elite warranty and hunt guarantee, but i have no experience in either mathews or elite. thanks jason.
Jason, you are looking to compare apples to oranges: 37" to 30" axle to axle and Single vs 2 Track Binary. Generally speaking, w/ your draw length, the longer axle to axle would be a better fit for you. As stated, test drive both if you can and then shoot what you feel is better for you.
2009 Elite GT500 w/ Cuda Cams 25" 47lbs- Pink Ninja
TMax27 is offline   Reply With Quote