Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 01-09-2011, 02:40 PM   #1
archeryassasin
trophy class deer hunter

archeryassasin is on a distinguished road
Default nock bushings?

does any1 kno if ther is any advantage in shooting with the bushing an pin nocks over standard regular nocks? just wonderin.
archeryassasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:42 PM   #2
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by archeryassasin View Post
does any1 kno if ther is any advantage in shooting with the bushing an pin nocks over standard regular nocks? just wonderin.
Based on my hooter shooter testing of various arrows. Pin nocks are the most accurate right out of the box. Plus they help save a lot of arrows when shooting 3D.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:48 PM   #3
archeryassasin
trophy class deer hunter

ok thanks. i was just wondering because i have thought about switching because when i shoot 3d i mess up alot of arrows by hitting nocks and putting arrows into each other. maybe i'll switch and hopefully save some money on not having to replace arrows.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:00 PM   #4
upnorth

upnorth is on a distinguished road

i have a few guys shooting pin nocks and they do save arrows . but all the guys that shoot by me that have shot them that are shooting over 320 fps have taken them off . they have more nocks that bust during the shot then the ones using regular type nocks .might be different in your area . but im shooting right at 340 fps and id rather loose a few arrows during a round then have to go to my backup bow because of a nock busting during the shot . but i hardly ever see ones bust on bows under 320 .
upnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:56 PM   #5
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

I ve been shooting them for a couple of years now and have had real good luck with them so far.

But I don't shoot a bow anywhere near 320 FPS either.

I ve had a few of the bushings dinged up from other arrows hitting but haven't lost the arrow itself yet.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:37 PM   #6
archeryassasin
trophy class deer hunter

im shooting at around 330 fps. but thanx i think ima give them a try.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:03 PM   #7
Rev. Juan

Rev. Juan is on a distinguished road

I'm shooting 320+ & had to change to the Bohning HD pin nocks I had one too many GT pin nocks bust on me. I also found that the transparent ocks will bust before the solid color. That's for both standard & pin nocks

08 GTO Thumper
09 Elite GT500 Ninja aka el fabricante de viuda

www.trinitycustomstrings.com
Rev. Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:33 PM   #8
wilkersonhunter
In God we trust

wilkersonhunter is on a distinguished road

imo the pin knocks are junk i had them on my victory x-ringers but since changed them to the acc g-knock with the uni bushing. the best knock out there. imo
[/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff
wilkersonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:24 AM   #9
bfisher

bfisher will become famous soon enough

Personally I prefer bushings and G nocks. I went through a period of pin nocks breaking during the arrow's flight. Often times found them in pieces on the floor right in front of the target. I know they were,'t breaking at the shot or they'd be closer to the shooting line, but rather than deal with the mental hassle I just use G nocks and be done with it. I can honestly say I've never had one of these malfunction and I'm talking about 15 years or so.
Worldwide Scuba Diver
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:19 PM   #10
Brown Hornet

Brown Hornet will become famous soon enough

Pin nock bushings are the way to go.....at least for me. There is NO way I will shoot any thing but pins for ANYTHING other then indoors. Hunting sometimes but if I have the option with the arrow I am shooting for hunting I still go with pins. If your not using pins use a bushing of some sort....

But be fore warned that not all pin nocks are created equal and not all of them will withstand the high speeds that some shoot. Even at normal speeds nocks aren't created equal....I won't shoot an Eaton pin nock for these reasons. Those things are super fragile IMO....you fart close enough to someones quiver and one of those pin nocks will get cracks in it. The best pin nocks I have found are the ones I have been shooting for the past 2 years which are the beefier Bohning ones.

also making sure that you have the correct size center serving is VERY important when using pin nocks since there is much less material in the nock.
Brown Hornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:25 PM   #11
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

great

Yesterday I ordered a dozen easton pin knocks from lancaster.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:10 PM   #12
JDX--

JDX-- will become famous soon enough

Just a little info

One of my 3D setups has been checked at a few events, the average speeds were 347 to 350 that being out of my Monster. My arrows used are equipped with pin nocks, the nocks used are the heavy duty Bohning pin nocks and with these I have never had any issues yes they are tough, but you still need to check them when getting smacked around by other arrows. Gold Tip has a new HD nock as well and I am looking forward to using these as well.

I will state that prior to the Bohning HDs I tried the Mc Kinney nocks which are better then the standard pin nocks but I did have a brand spanking new nock fail at the Vortex shoot 2 years ago causing a zero for score and the bow was fine allowing me to continue, this is when I switch to the Bohning HD.

Pin nocks are accurate and they do a great job for protecting the back of the arrows, but once in a while you still can have a arrow get damaged in the back, Check your nocks and arrows when playing hard, it can save scores and prevent accidents and injury.

I use and depend on them

Just my opinion

JDX--

JDX-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:51 PM   #13
archeryassasin
trophy class deer hunter

thanx for the info evry1!