Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 12-18-2006, 04:43 PM   #1
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default How is the Jaguar????

Hey Rdnkgrl what did you find out today???? We all hope you have some good news for us.

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:48 PM   #2
rdnkgrl_robinhood

rdnkgrl_robinhood is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to rdnkgrl_robinhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
Hey Rdnkgrl what did you find out today???? We all hope you have some good news for us.
The must like keepin me on edge because he didnt call me. I went out there to the shop earlier but I guess the Martin rep still had not shown up. Maybe he didnt get there till late, not sure.. So I will wait another day and see what happens tomorrow..
The suspense is killin me.

rdnkgrl
rdnkgrl_robinhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 07:09 PM   #3
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnkgrl_robinhood View Post
The must like keepin me on edge because he didnt call me. I went out there to the shop earlier but I guess the Martin rep still had not shown up. Maybe he didnt get there till late, not sure.. So I will wait another day and see what happens tomorrow..
The suspense is killin me.

rdnkgrl
call him like every five minuets....that will get his rear in gear.....
Old 12-18-2006, 07:21 PM   #4
rdnkgrl_robinhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
call him like every five minuets....that will get his rear in gear.....
... if I called every five minutes then he might start to think that I am little obsessive about my bow.... .... ... Ok... its been a real struggle not to call.. I guess I am a little obsessive about my bow....But I am trying real hard to be good and not let it show. I think I have paths worn in my carpet from pacing.. lol.. Like I said its like having your kid in critical care and waiting for good news.

I have to be honest though, I dont really hold out a lot of hope that the bow itself will be alright. I heard the sounds it was making, felt how hard it was shooting.. I think the bow is likely done for. So really I guess the word I am waiting on is if Martin will stand by their bows and pony up another one.

Since I havent been able to shoot for a couple of days, and I had nothing better to do with my time I was trying to figure out about how many arrows I have shot out of that bow before I started having the trouble with it.
I got the bow the last day of August of this year and to date I have shot a little over 12,000 arrows out of it in the last four months....... Ok maybe that makes me a little obsessive... ok A LOT obsessive.. I love shooting.. Withdraws suck.

still waiting.......

rdnkgrl

Last edited by rdnkgrl_robinhood; 12-18-2006 at 07:26 PM.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:15 AM   #5
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

Sorry to hear you are still waiting. If the bow is terminal I am sure Martin will take care of you. They are a very good company and stand behind their products. This would be a good time to take up arrow building wraps,fletching. You would still be feeding the archery obsession maybe you have a few arrows sitting around that need refletched. Anyway I hope you do not start getting too depressed about not being able to shoot.

"HONDA"
Old 12-19-2006, 09:24 AM   #6
Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough

Hey girl, I have been shootin Martin since 84 and they always come thru on there promise. No need to be concerned at all about that end of it. Time is going to be the only concern you will have . Maybe you could make use all a batch of Christmas cookies to keep you occupied till you get this going agian!!!!! HS

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Holy Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:56 AM   #7
Dredly
Site Guru

Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
Hey girl, I have been shootin Martin since 84 and they always come thru on there promise. No need to be concerned at all about that end of it. Time is going to be the only concern you will have . Maybe you could make use all a batch of Christmas cookies to keep you occupied till you get this going agian!!!!! HS
If you get really bored I have some painting that needs done...
Old 12-19-2006, 11:38 AM   #8
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
If you get really bored I have some painting that needs done...
are you guys, saying that all women are good for is baking and painting......why stop there why not have her cook and clean and wash your blue jeans.......lord get some manners.....
Old 12-19-2006, 12:25 PM   #9
rdnkgrl_robinhood

Quote:
are you guys, saying that all women are good for is baking and painting......why stop there why not have her cook and clean and wash your blue jeans.......lord get some manners.....
Actually only the best of women can cook, paint, clean, do the laundry, and still have time to shoot the heck out of a five spot with a couple hundred arrows a day.

See, I'm just that good

rdnkgrl
Old 12-19-2006, 06:52 PM   #10
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

Quote:
Actually only the best of women can cook, paint, clean, do the laundry, and still have time to shoot the heck out of a five spot with a couple hundred arrows a day.

See, I'm just that good

rdnkgrl
But don't you need a bow for that??? So you are just cooking,painting,cleaning,and doing laundry??

"HONDA"
Old 12-19-2006, 06:59 PM   #11
rdnkgrl_robinhood

Still no word on the Jag. I think I will just go out tomorrow and see what's going on.
As far as the laundry, cooking, cleaning, and painting goes.. Maybe I should go on strike untill Santa coughs up a new bow... Hmmmm.. this could work....
Old 12-19-2006, 07:23 PM   #12
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

man it would be awsome to get that bow back and put it on a hooter shooter machine......and just shoot it till it blows......that would narrow it down!!!!!
Old 12-19-2006, 07:26 PM   #13
rdnkgrl_robinhood

Quote:
man it would be awsome to get that bow back and put it on a hooter shooter machine......and just shoot it till it blows......that would narrow it down!!!!!
Now Bowman, that's just wrong...

rdnkgrl
Old 12-19-2006, 08:41 PM   #14
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
Now Bowman, that's just wrong...

rdnkgrl
yeah but tell me it would NOT be fun.........
Old 12-19-2006, 08:56 PM   #15
bullspotter

bullspotter is on a distinguished road

Hummm im with BOWMAN here, make sure you get vid of it. would be cool to see it in slow motion..... RIP JAG....
bullspotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:20 PM   #16
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

if you really wanted to figure out what was wrong you would do it!!!!!
Old 12-20-2006, 07:19 AM   #17
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

That would be so wrong to do to her Jag. But I am wrong quite abit so yeah I'd like to see it. Sorry Rdnkgrl but we are very sick individuals here in case you have not figured that out yet.

"HONDA"
Old 12-20-2006, 08:41 AM   #18
Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough

Now Bowman being the Southern Gentelman that I am I meant no bad intentions to the Grl . maybe I should have asked her to make us a big ol batch of deer jerky. I am trying to be PC now and I for one think that we need to keep some of the chivary alive in our genders for I really like to be the man and provide for my wife and her to enjoy taking care of me. By no means does this mean I would not wash the dishes or such or even let her make the jerky,of the which she endures me doing it. Just plain good ol real living. Sorry if I offended you Grl . God Bless Ya'll, HS

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Last edited by Holy Smokes; 12-20-2006 at 08:45 AM.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:43 AM   #19
rdnkgrl_robinhood

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
Now Bowman being the Southern Gentelman that I am I meant no bad intentions to the Grl . maybe I should have asked her to make us a big ol batch of deer jerky. I am trying to be PC now and I for one think that we need to keep some of the chivary alive in our genders for I really like to be the man and provide for my wife and her to enjoy taking care of me. By no means does this mean I would not wash the dishes or such or even let her make the jerky,of the which she endures me doing it. Just plain good ol real living. Sorry if I offended you Grl . God Bless Ya'll, HS
No offence taken.. It's all in good fun..
Bowman on the other hand shows no shame..You have no decency... (But uh, when I'm done with Video I'll be sure to post it)

rdnkgrl
Old 12-20-2006, 10:47 AM   #20
Holy Smokes

If Santas coughing up bows by striking then I am joining with The Grl. HS

Old 12-20-2006, 04:11 PM   #21
rdnkgrl_robinhood

Default The Jag is on its way to the big Pro Shop in the Sky.

Well fellas I just found out that there was nothing to be done to fix the Jaguar. The Martin Rep came to look at it, and he shot it, and of course the more they shot it the worse it got. Sure enough they still can not see any visable problems, but it is evident that is in fact a major problem.
They were on the phone with the Manufacturing company, and the powers that be over there said to stop shooting it and send it in. They are sure that the bow will not be able to be fixed, but I am not sure yet if they will be replacing it.
So meanwhile, the Jag is on its way to big Pro Shop in the Sky, well it was fun while it lasted.
So I guess I should get back to looking for Santas other hiding spots..... I know there has to be another bow around here somewhere
Old 12-22-2006, 09:27 PM   #22
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

Default bump

So whats going on here rdnkgrl???? I hope you have good news.

"HONDA"
Old 12-24-2006, 10:24 PM   #23
rdnkgrl_robinhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
So whats going on here rdnkgrl???? I hope you have good news.
Well there is no good news for the Jaguar. It has to be sent in to the company for repair or replacement. It was shooting so rough that even the Martin Rep didnt want to shoot it any more. They could tell it was about to blow. I am hoping that Martin stands by their bows. Hopefully I will hear something back from the company in a couple of weeks.

rdnkgrl
Old 12-25-2006, 07:48 AM   #24
YankeeRebel

YankeeRebel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to YankeeRebel

Yea hopefully you'll hear something after the 1st of the year Rdnkgrl. Hang in there. I'm sure Martin will take care of ya.
YankeeRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 10:29 PM   #25
rdnkgrl_robinhood

Default The Jag is BACK

Well guys, I got the Martin Jaguar back from the shop today, and it looks pretty good. They replaced the cables, the strings, and riser. It looks really nice but I havent shot it because I dont a sight to put on it.

But I have a question for ya.. When I sent this bow in to the shop it was a 40-50lb bow, maybe you could max it out at 53 or so, but when I picked the bow up today it was pulling 63 lbs.. keep in mind I have the same limbs that I had before (autographed by Michael Waddell, so I know they are the same limbs)..So how come my bow is now 50-60 lb? Hmmm..

Help me out here guys..

rdnkgrl
Old 01-27-2007, 10:50 PM   #26
bullspotter

humm that makes me go hummmm... lol They say that they replaced the riser, and the cables and strings.... and it gained 10 lbs of draw weight??? I could see 2 or 3 due to the new cables and string might change the geomitry of the limbs, being longer or shorter, but to gain 10 lbs.... i would have to question something still not being quiet right with it.... Might want to make sure the strings and cables are the right length, that the bows says it needs, is the tiller in spec???
Old 01-27-2007, 11:16 PM   #27
rdnkgrl_robinhood

QUOTE=bullspotter;22125]humm that makes me go hummmm... lol They say that they replaced the riser, and the cables and strings.... and it gained 10 lbs of draw weight??? I could see 2 or 3 due to the new cables and string might change the geomitry of the limbs, being longer or shorter, but to gain 10 lbs.... i would have to question something still not being quiet right with it.... Might want to make sure the strings and cables are the right length, that the bows says it needs, is the tiller in spec???[/QUOTE]

So if they put the wrong size cable on will it hurt the bow? I mean the extra weight doesnt really bother me, but jeez I just got it back I would hate to blow it up in day

rdnkgrl
Old 01-27-2007, 11:28 PM   #28
Dredly
Site Guru

Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly

10 pounds over the rated amount on those limbs is not a good thing... they may have short-strung it
Old 01-27-2007, 11:29 PM   #29
Holy Smokes

Quote:
Well guys, I got the Martin Jaguar back from the shop today, and it looks pretty good. They replaced the cables, the strings, and riser. It looks really nice but I havent shot it because I dont a sight to put on it.

But I have a question for ya.. When I sent this bow in to the shop it was a 40-50lb bow, maybe you could max it out at 53 or so, but when I picked the bow up today it was pulling 63 lbs.. keep in mind I have the same limbs that I had before (autographed by Michael Waddell, so I know they are the same limbs)..So how come my bow is now 50-60 lb? Hmmm..

Help me out here guys..

rdnkgrl
If i recall Martin put the serial # on the limb info sheet and the limbs are also marked. If they still do this . Do you have the serial# of the old 1? Just a though.
Also a longer string would give you a increase in #'s for it lets you limbs spread open somewhhat. In my experince with Martins it never has hurt mine for I will use a longer string to get more #'s if neccessary not a full 10 #'s maybe 4-6. On the old metal cables I would let the cable slip in the cams to get alonger DL no damage += more #'s Hs

Last edited by Holy Smokes; 01-27-2007 at 11:31 PM.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:05 AM   #30
bullspotter

Its hard to say if it will hurt it or not... I would think it would be ok to shoot a few times, can you crank it down? my concern is with it being messed up, will it funtion proprly... here is a example. the cable length, works with the size of the cam and DL.... this is what happend to me with a hoyt, had a 28 inch draw bow, i wanted 28.5. well i got the wrong cams, they were 27.5 cams, well i put them on, couldnt get the cable and stings to time worth the heck, but i could draw it, and it made it about 28.5, but it was out of time bad..... So i went and looked at some bows, the 27 and 27.5 draw bows had differnt strings and cables then the 28 to 30 draw bows, so you cannot use the 27.5 cams on a bow with the wrong strings.... I also had a bow with adjustable DL, and was messing with it trying to find what i wanted, well I got the top adjustment one notch off from the bottom, and it wouldnt draw back, it locked it up at about 1/4 draw, i was like omg i screwed it up, my point is, that things need to be proper between the cables, stings cams and limbs for it to be right..... And with that one of yours gaing 10 lbs... i just think something is amiss with it and needs to be looked into, might call the guys who did the work and pick their brain, as to why the increase... who knows, might be a fluke and it could be fine....
Old 01-28-2007, 07:52 PM   #31
Holy Smokes

[ An 1" shorter string will give you a 5 # reduction in bow wieght and vice versa

Old 01-28-2007, 07:57 PM   #32
bullspotter

wouldnt that change the DL by a bit too?
Old 01-28-2007, 08:05 PM   #33
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

If it were me I would take it back and have them find out whats going on and make them set it up correctly. If you are shooting it at 10# more weight then your arrows will have to weigh at least 315gr now. I would suggest you have them weighed if you do not know the weight. Good luck but 63# is alot for a woman shooting spots (60 arrows plus practice shots). Glad you got it back.

"HONDA"