Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 01-10-2011, 03:00 PM   #1
JTClark

JTClark is on a distinguished road
Default first things before u buy

i have learn my lesson right now, i have got my quest qs33 here for 3 month i bought from AT classifeld, but i havent been research on elite bow and now i can see why more people are buy elite coz they can transfer the warranty to new onwer if buy a NEW or USED bow that impressed me and not any of bow can do that but elite is the place to go..

now i'm been research on GTO and like that, if you buy a old elite and u still can get a modules for that and warranty that cool and i was hope that hoyt have that but they dont sell the old modules so i end buy quest bow but i should have research before i buy other.. LEARN MY LESSON..
JTClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:07 PM   #2
Rev. Juan

Rev. Juan is on a distinguished road

That's why they are called ELITE it's all in the name

08 GTO Thumper
09 Elite GT500 Ninja aka el fabricante de viuda

www.trinitycustomstrings.com
Rev. Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #3
MeanV2

MeanV2 is on a distinguished road

We'll see!

Dan
www.meanvarchery.com
MeanV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:26 PM   #4
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

uummmmm yeah
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:33 PM   #5
JTClark

the new elite hunter look nice and it look like gt500, i like the egg shape cam elite have in 2008 style
now eliete is in my mind and tried to find gt500 bare bow ( CAMO )
Old 01-11-2011, 11:39 PM   #6
wilkersonhunter
In God we trust

wilkersonhunter is on a distinguished road

its really hard to argue that elite has the best warranty in the business. and they make some really fine shooting bows as well.
[/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff
wilkersonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:07 AM   #7
JTClark

curious what is worth for used elite snergy bow ? what specs i trying find information and not find coz want to know the specs and the camo they have on bow..

was think about trade my complete full NEW quest bow with 4 modules come from 26 to 30 for a bare elite bow
the quest is NEW from 2009 that no one buy so i buy in a box and i open and get everythings set up together and the sight havent set all are full AP camo match bow
anyone have idea about used elite worth ?
Old 01-12-2011, 07:13 AM   #8
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Gto

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTClark View Post
curious what is worth for used elite snergy bow ? what specs i trying find information and not find coz want to know the specs and the camo they have on bow..

was think about trade my complete full NEW quest bow with 4 modules come from 26 to 30 for a bare elite bow
the quest is NEW from 2009 that no one buy so i buy in a box and i open and get everythings set up together and the sight havent set all are full AP camo match bow
anyone have idea about used elite worth ?
Stick with the GTO. Elite has the best warranty.
DB

Last edited by Daniel Boone; 01-12-2011 at 07:15 AM.
Daniel Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:16 AM   #9
Paul S.
I do not follow!

Paul S. is on a distinguished road

It would be nice if everyone had a warranty like that. I just got my hands on an 08 Diamond Marquis with the tags still on it...but no warranty. It would be nice to have on a never fired bow that someone else bought.

3D for CP - www.archeryata.com/3dcp.html
Paul S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:20 AM   #10
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul S. View Post
It would be nice if everyone had a warranty like that. I just got my hands on an 08 Diamond Marquis with the tags still on it...but no warranty. It would be nice to have on a never fired bow that someone else bought.
Elite bows hold there resale value better for this reason as well. Crazy what some of the five year old Elites bring if you can find them. Never happen with other manufactuers.
DB
Old 01-12-2011, 10:15 AM   #11
archerybuff

archerybuff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
Elite bows hold there resale value better for this reason as well. Crazy what some of the five year old Elites bring if you can find them. Never happen with other manufactuers.
DB
I would disagree with that DB. I have an 08.5 GT500 I posted on AT two different times. It had brand new limbs, strings and cams I couldn't even get $400 out of it. I sold my 2010 GT500 to buy the Pure and ended up coming all the way down to $500 to sell it. The bow wasn't even 1 year old. I really took a beating when I sold my XLR.
I am a slow learner, I swore I wouldn't buy any more new Elites. Then I go and buy a Pure.
I will agree that the GTO and Envy hold thier resale value fairly well but still not as well as the average Mathews.
I think Elite is one the better bows out there right now and I hope with the increase in exposure the resale will improve. IMO the 2010 GT500 is the best bargain out there right now. You can pick them up over on AT for just a bit over half of what they sold for new(less than a year ago). With Elites warranty its like buying a new bow so whats to lose.
archerybuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:50 AM   #12
JTClark

shoot me a PM if they want to talk about trade or sell elite bare bow i'm open for anythings to deal with it..
would like to be at least 2007-09 model
Old 01-12-2011, 10:54 AM   #13
Brown Hornet

Brown Hornet will become famous soon enough

the warranty may be transferable....but what happens when you need something on your 5 year old bow that they don't make or have in stock anymore or if they change the design all together and don't offer anything that will work because they just don't use that style of cam anymore?

Hoyts warranty is also for the life of the product....just not transferable. If your buying used though your still going to get taken care of if you have a good dealer.

Last edited by Brown Hornet; 01-12-2011 at 11:01 AM.
Brown Hornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:38 AM   #14
JTClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
the warranty may be transferable....but what happens when you need something on your 5 year old bow that they don't make or have in stock anymore or if they change the design all together and don't offer anything that will work because they just don't use that style of cam anymore?

Hoyts warranty is also for the life of the product....just not transferable. If your buying used though your still going to get taken care of if you have a good dealer.
we have local hoyt dealer here, and i stop by and talk to him before i make decide to buy a bow, i did ask him about get a module for the turbohawk and he told me he cant get 1 from hoyt, well i suspect he want to make people buya NEW instead get a old module so i end up and stop go there ..

it's about the money not give people happy to get a anythings they need..
Old 01-12-2011, 11:59 AM   #15
Brown Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTClark View Post
we have local hoyt dealer here, and i stop by and talk to him before i make decide to buy a bow, i did ask him about get a module for the turbohawk and he told me he cant get 1 from hoyt, well i suspect he want to make people buya NEW instead get a old module so i end up and stop go there ..

it's about the money not give people happy to get a anythings they need..

That makes no sense....they JUST now stopped making that bow. On top of that the bow uses the XTR cam which is still in use on bows in the 2011 lineup. So the dealer should have that mod in stock......and he can also get them from Hoyt. He is going to make money either way.....the mod isn't free.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:03 PM   #16
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

Ok, why would a module for a tubohawk be a warranty item?

If you want to change your draw length or let off your gonna have to pay......even with Elite.

Not sure why the dealer said he couldn't get one but that's a dealer problem not a Hoyt problem........time to look for a new dealer, no matter what the make a warranty is only as good as your dealer.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:09 PM   #17
JTClark

i forget to tell about, well i remeber when i bought a hoyt magnatec bow and few month later and the limb have been crack and stop at hoyt bow in iowa and a guy trying to get me exchage a new bow and hoyt not give him a chance so i end up buy a pse g force

i dont know why hoyt service have been stop make bow within 2 yr and if hoyt has a lifetime warranty they should have that models ready as back up no matter what,

i do like hoyt but i have strong that elite going to be top of warranty to people and make other bow company woke up,

for most of bow maufacter they should have made a adjust cam for anyone than a module but some of them have adjust and some have to be module but the modules can be diffcult to find if they dont make that model
Old 01-12-2011, 12:32 PM   #18
Brown Hornet

I'm sorry to say this but you really have no clue.....NONE.

If you have a cracked limb and don't get a replacement or the help needed that's a DEALER issue....not a Hoyt issue. Which is obvious since he talked you into buying a new bow.

Hoyt makes new models because people want new models....usually the only models they change/get rid of every 2 years are the LOW end bows and then they change their speed bows. USUALLY....

But every company changes bow models every few years for the most part...they will usually keep a few around much longer. Hoyt had the Ultra Elite for about 6-7 years.....but they also don't need to "keep parts" around....they change the riser not the limbs, axles, etc which is what your going to have a problem with if you need warranty work anyway. The cams available for the most part can be swapped with something else if that model isn't available anymore. The cam 1/2 has been around since 2002....spirals have as well.

As for the adjustable cam....learn what your talking about before you complain.....the only cam Hoyt makes that isn't adjustable by changing the mod or by an adjustable mod is the spiral cam. Not everyone wants an adjustable cam or needs one. I haven't bought a bow that wasn't draw length specific in about 7 years.

A company doesn't get great by having a good warranty...they get great by having a GREAT product big man. Hoyt and Elite have the SAME warranty....Elites is just transferable to the next guy. I have bought more used Hoyts in the past 14 years then you have shot bows and not had any issues. The one issue I did have was MY fault...and by the explanation of what is covered in Elites warranty.....they wouldn't have replaced that limb free of charge.