Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 01-24-2011, 09:15 AM   #1
OrthoPT

OrthoPT is on a distinguished road
Default Matrix 35 or the Alphaelite

I know the differenece in risor design, etc, are the difference, ok , what I am asking is on the shot and the accuracy is there alot of difference between the 2 and what is it. I have not shot the alphaelite, but I was wondering is there enough difference to sell the matrix that I shoot for 3d, to buy a alpha elite.
Mile High Archery
OrthoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:48 AM   #2
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough
Default the problem is...

There's not enough AlphaElite out there to compair to yet.

The early reviews are always bias because who wants to admit they just waisted 1200 buck on a POS bow.

Should be seeing some honest reviews on the alphaelite once a few more start hitting the street.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:00 AM   #3
Brown Hornet

Brown Hornet will become famous soon enough

No there is no difference in accuracy between the 2 bows. Now you may shoot one better then the other for whatever reason but one bow isn't more accurate then the other. Look at Cousins when he started shooting the AM he cleaned a field round with one and shot a 1400 FITA round....then last year he shot 5 gazillion points up in Florida with Maxxis. They all shoot great if you set the bow up correctly and you and the bow get along.

As for the Alpha Elite....you don't need to wait for others reviews. If someone made a mistake buying the latest greatest...it's because the bow isn't good/great. It's because it doesn't fit what they want/need in a bow or they are one of the guys that buys the next latest and greatest hoping that the bow will help them get better.

Hoyt has been turning out GEMS in the Elite series for YEARS now....this one isn't a dude. Having shot the AE and owning a couple Katera XLs, and shooting all of the other bows that are similar they have offered recently....I am shooting the Katera still for a reason. It works for me and I like it better then the others for ME. BUT I will say that the AE will be replacing at least one of my Kateras when I save up the coin....It feels the same as my Katera for the most part but a little more solid since it's an Elite riser. That bow is down right sick when it comes to aiming...and for ME the Katera XL aims better then any bow I have ever shot.
Brown Hornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:05 AM   #4
MeanV2

MeanV2 is on a distinguished road

I have shot 100's of different bow models and makes over the years and IMHO the Carbon Bows are the best bows I have ever personally shot.

Unlike some the hollow Carbon Riser Hoyt is actually True Innovation. While it may not be to everyone's liking Hoyt is selling them as fast as they can make them. At $1050 The Element is not that far ahead of some of the others.

The only complaint I've heard anyone voice is the price, and I understand that. If you don't want to spend that kind of $$$ on a Bow don't bash the bow or the people who are willing to pay for true innovation.

A young man who won Amatuer shooter of the Year in 2010 Shot the Carbon bow a week or so ago and couldn't put it down. He said and I quote: "Best Bow I've ever had in my hands"

This is a guy that can shoot some unbelieveable groups at 80 yards.

I'm sure the AlphaElite is a Sweet bow. Is it better than the Carbon Bow? I doubt it. As always choice is a personal thing

Dan
www.meanvarchery.com
MeanV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:43 PM   #5
OrthoPT

Thanks guys that was really helpful, and nice to have people that know and give an honest, smart opinion, other than some SA remark. That helps trying to decide to keep the maxxis or dump it and go with the AE. Any advice will be great.
Mile High Archery
Old 01-24-2011, 01:09 PM   #6
Brown Hornet

Unless you need the money upfront from the Maxxis to get the AE I would buy one 1st and see if you like it and then get rid of the Maxxis if you want to. But it can't hurt to have more then one bow

But I would guess that if you REALLY like the Maxxis you'll like the AE just as much if not more for target. That is as long as it fits your style right....not everyone is going to shoot their best with a shorter bow. You can shoot it fine for hunting...and some can shoot them fine for 3D. But some people will not get a good fit for target. I have a buddy that loved his Katera XL he was actually who I bought my 1st one from. He raved about the bow and knew I would love it. He shot it well for hunting and hunting practice....after I started burning things up with mine he bought another one. When he set it up as a PURE target bow he didn't shoot it as good as he thought he would because it didn't fit him and his style as good as a 38" bow did. It's one thing to shoot one arrow good or a few arrows....or one arrow per target like in 3D with a bigger scoring area (just shooting 10s) but when it comes time to do it over and over and over like for indoors or for field or FITA a lot of guys can't get the shorter bows to work as well for fit purposes.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:22 PM   #7
OrthoPT

I have the carbon matrix, and the Vantage elite I shoot for indoors, and I thought that the elite risor might make the AE inherently more accurate than the maxxis. The way some have raved about it but just not sure. I hate to sell one that is good for one that might be good. I need to sell one to get one. So I have to part with the maxxis to be able to get a AE.
Mile High Archery
Old 01-24-2011, 01:37 PM   #8
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

The deal maker for dumping the maxxis for a AE.......you could get that cool green color.

even though everyone knows that any bow in red automatically adds 2 points to your score.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:44 PM   #9
OrthoPT

That is what I was thinking. I have a red vantage elite but the green or the black out with cammo limbs incase it ever had to go hunting. Hmmmmm ALL THESE DECISIONS WHAT TO DO.
Mile High Archery
Old 01-24-2011, 02:02 PM   #10
Brown Hornet

But how do you shoot the Maxxis in comparison to the Vantage Elite? What do you plan on using the AE for? If it were me I would shoot whatever bow I shoot best for all venues....so if you shoot the VE better indoors then the Maxxis your going to shoot the VE better then the AE indoors....and would also shoot it better outdoors.

Just going to an Elite riser WILL NOT make you and the bow more accurate. I sold my Pro Elites because I shot the Katera XL better....more accurate...higher scores however you want to word it.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:47 PM   #11
OrthoPT

I just started shooting the vantage but it feels like it holds and aims better therefore I felt that I would go to an elite risor. Currently I was going to take the XTR cam off the maxxis and put a Z3 cams to see if it will perform better. What do think Hornet.
Mile High Archery
Old 01-24-2011, 05:59 PM   #12
Brown Hornet

I love the Z3 cam....like it better then the XTR but I don't think it is going to give you any better performance....if it does it will only be a couple fps so not really worth it. Plus if I remember correctly it will change your specs some. I think it will make your ata and bh shorter.....but I could be wrong on that.

But like I said I don't really think it will be worth it in the long run.