Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 02-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #41
MeanV2

MeanV2 is on a distinguished road

Speed is not the Cure all! 55 grain broadhead would Not give very good FOC.

I won't shoot a broadhead tipped arrow with less than 12% preferably closer to 15%

Dan
www.meanvarchery.com
MeanV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:31 AM   #42
JTClark

JTClark is on a distinguished road

just got email from rocket steelhead broadhead, the guy told me utlimate steel work well with any of fletching, and if u want a small broadhead well go with steelhead that has 100 gr or more,
but 55 gr pretty light might it's a not what they been shoot today..
JTClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:37 AM   #43
JTClark

do u have any information on arrow they make ? i would like to see but i already know that pse make thier own arrow that i see on website but HCA make arrow and where the information and chart of weight arrow for bow draw weight

coz i do use to shoot a HCA ultra force hatchet cam last 10 yr ago, i know i like HCA bows but end up buy qs33 bow, also i would love to see HCA bring more models from low price to end price like pse, hoyt, and mathews and other bows ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bburg Hunt N Fish View Post
We still produce the broadheads and arrows and there are 4 bows in the line for 2011 with 1-2more to be released in the 3rd quarter.
HCA is under new ownership since Oct 2009 and is working hard to bring the company back to the forefront.
The picture above was taken with my setup with a 55brh - 6.2 HCA speed pro arrow and HCA X10 70lb. 30dl
We carry them in stock just let me know.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:54 AM   #44
Bburg Hunt N Fish

Bburg Hunt N Fish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTClark View Post
do u have any information on arrow they make ? i would like to see but i already know that pse make thier own arrow that i see on website but HCA make arrow and where the information and chart of weight arrow for bow draw weight

coz i do use to shoot a HCA ultra force hatchet cam last 10 yr ago, i know i like HCA bows but end up buy qs33 bow, also i would love to see HCA bring more models from low price to end price like pse, hoyt, and mathews and other bows ...
HCA is working on getting the new web site up ,Hopefully this week. They will have al thier products listed.

I do have a PDF catalog I can send you.My setup is at 11.7% FOC. I too took a while to become convinced with the light arrows and broadheads but at 92.7KE with this set up I have a hardtime finding a broadhead target that I can shoot without loss of arrow.Big Green Targets sent my targets to try and I will report on them soon as can
Bburg Hunt N Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #45
JTClark

would like to curious of your report and otherthings that u take a test..
Old 02-04-2011, 12:25 PM   #46
MeanV2

I'm curious?

Poundage you are shooting?
Total weight of arrow?
Speed?
Draw length?
Type fletching you shoot?

Thanks!

Dan

Quote:
HCA is working on getting the new web site up ,Hopefully this week. They will have al thier products listed.

I do have a PDF catalog I can send you.My setup is at 11.7% FOC. I too took a while to become convinced with the light arrows and broadheads but at 92.7KE with this set up I have a hardtime finding a broadhead target that I can shoot without loss of arrow.Big Green Targets sent my targets to try and I will report on them soon as can
www.meanvarchery.com
Old 02-04-2011, 03:04 PM   #47
JTClark

wonder are u a HCA dealer or what ?
Old 02-04-2011, 03:42 PM   #48
Bburg Hunt N Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanV2 View Post
I'm curious?

Poundage you are shooting?
Total weight of arrow?
Speed?
Draw length?
Type fletching you shoot?

Thanks!

Dan
Thank You Dan for your intrest.

HCA X10
Stock W/C 20std string
Lg Speed Mods.( + 10-12 fps over std Mod)
30 DL
70lb DW
30 in Speed Pro Arrow
55grn HCA broad head
total 303 grn. arrow

382 FPS
11.7 FOC
92.7KE

387 FPS with 18std string

I like GT 2in vanes and also use Blz X2 for 3D
Old 02-04-2011, 03:45 PM   #49
Bburg Hunt N Fish

Quote:
wonder are u a HCA dealer or what ?
As my introduction on the forum . Yes I am a dealer and also work with HCA for Dealer and Tech support.
Anything I can help members here please let me know.

Will anyone here be attending the NABA Show?
Old 02-04-2011, 06:33 PM   #50
JTClark

wow that faster than pse omen 382 fps with hca and hca arrow and i havent never see any of bow went over 370 fps but has see bow go about 360 like pse omen..

that speed u get i wonder can u see arrow flight ?? i bet i never will but will see hit target but not in flight .

Quote:
Thank You Dan for your intrest.

HCA X10
Stock W/C 20std string
Lg Speed Mods.( + 10-12 fps over std Mod)
30 DL
70lb DW
30 in Speed Pro Arrow
55grn HCA broad head
total 303 grn. arrow

382 FPS
11.7 FOC
92.7KE

387 FPS with 18std string

I like GT 2in vanes and also use Blz X2 for 3D
Old 02-04-2011, 06:36 PM   #51
JTClark

do u have any of used HCA iron mace for sale or trade or somethings like but i love HCA since i has HCA ultra force hatchet use xx78 2413 and get 252 fps that time it was like 10 year ago but know would love to go back in HCA if has a nice excellent condition 09 faster bow for swap
but i'm happy with quest qs33 bow ..

Quote:
As my introduction on the forum . Yes I am a dealer and also work with HCA for Dealer and Tech support.
Anything I can help members here please let me know.

Will anyone here be attending the NABA Show?
Old 02-04-2011, 06:39 PM   #52
MeanV2

Faster? Yes! but he is shooting way too light an arrow for that weight and Draw length. To each their own but personally I would never do it for several reasons

1. Noise
2. No advantage
3. Detrimental to equipment

I have shot setups at over 400 fps and you still can't use one pin at any distance to speak of without using KY elevation

Dan

Quote:
wow that faster than pse omen 382 fps with hca and hca arrow and i havent never see any of bow went over 370 fps but has see bow go about 360 like pse omen..

that speed u get i wonder can u see arrow flight ?? i bet i never will but will see hit target but not in flight .
www.meanvarchery.com
Old 02-04-2011, 06:40 PM   #53
JTClark

[QUOTE=

I like GT 2in vanes and also use Blz X2 for 3D[/QUOTE]

i think GT 2' vane is same as vanetec HP max what i have here is vanetec, and they are good vane..
Old 02-04-2011, 08:31 PM   #54
Bburg Hunt N Fish

Quote:
i think GT 2' vane is same as vanetec HP max what i have here is vanetec, and they are good vane..
yes that is the same vane.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #55
Bburg Hunt N Fish

[QUOTE=JTClark;285283]do u have any of used HCA iron mace for sale or trade or somethings like but i love HCA since i has HCA ultra force hatchet use xx78 2413 and get 252 fps that time it was like 10 year ago but know would love to go back in HCA if has a nice excellent condition 09 faster bow for swap
but i'm happy with quest qs33 bow ..[/

lb RH camoI do have a nice Iron Mace that was just traded in. Has new string installed in nov.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:50 PM   #56
Bburg Hunt N Fish

Quote:

The X10 has a 7in Bh. It is tough to see the arrow but you can.
The first pin is set to 47yrds. and yes it still shoots flat no Ky windeage.
I too grew up when 200fps was fast and things have changed quite a bit over the years.
HCA has a 3grn per lb. warranty and if you know that the 5grn was setup as an industry standard yrs back for IBO when they no longer used amo guide lines.
Shooting under 5grns. is not the same as dry firing. There is resistance on the the string. Also the HCA arrows are very stiff so the deflection is reduced greatly.
I hope this sheds light on the light arrow issues.
I was against it also 4yrs ago but I have been shoting the HCA arrows since and I like it. But I am not trying to convert or make any disagreements etc.
If you do have any further questions etc. please keep them comming.
This is what it is all about talking about a sport we really love!
Bill
Old 02-04-2011, 08:52 PM   #57
Bburg Hunt N Fish

Yes the QS33 is a very nice bow also
Old 02-04-2011, 10:57 PM   #58
MeanV2

Bill,
Do you want me to post some trajectory charts? Believe me I can!

There is No bow that is shooting 382 fps that can shoot 1 pin out to 47 yards and use one pin.

Unless you are shooting an awful Big Spot!

I've shot 406 fps. I know what I'm talking about and if you want the proof then I'll dig it up.

I think most know better than this claim!

Dan

Quote:
The first pin is set to 47yrds. and yes it still shoots flat no Ky windeage.
Bill
www.meanvarchery.com
Old 02-05-2011, 06:35 AM   #59
Bburg Hunt N Fish

sure. your more than welcome.But shooting is believing.Hopefully we can get together so that we may shoot together.
We will be at the NABA show .Love to see you there.

I do applogize to the orginal poster as this thread was to be about the mini broadhead and I believe we have gone off corse.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:07 AM   #60
Releasecord

Releasecord is on a distinguished road
Default HCA User

I shoot a HCA X1O 70lbs the HCA 6.2 gr arrows with the Rage 2 blade 100gr
and still shoot 372 fps.
Releasecord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:34 AM   #61
MeanV2

Here is a link to a trajectory calculator. I plugged your numbers in and it shows a trajectory from 20 to 40 yards right at 10"

40 is as far as this one goes. I'm sure at 47 yards you have a trajectory of approx 14" Hardly capable of shooting with one pin with any degree of accuracy using No KY Elevation as you stated.

I agree shooting is believing! I was amazed at how much arc an arrow has at over 400 fps out to 45 yards

http://www.outdoorsden.com/archery/archbal.asp

Dan

Quote:
sure. your more than welcome.But shooting is believing.
www.meanvarchery.com
Old 02-05-2011, 12:59 PM   #62
JTClark

as i have read all post here indulde my post, and i think they are trying to find a speed with small head but today they have start make a heavy small head like ultimate steel, nap nitron, sonic, and more..

the speed isnt matter to me but i will be happy if i get 280 fps but still plenty fast to kill anythings..

i'm trying to get many post around to see if any company will make a small spitfire or other coz i know many bowhunter want arrow to exit to show a brag photo like us do..
Old 02-05-2011, 01:22 PM   #63
Bburg Hunt N Fish

Quote:
as i have read all post here indulde my post, and i think they are trying to find a speed with small head but today they have start make a heavy small head like ultimate steel, nap nitron, sonic, and more..

the speed isnt matter to me but i will be happy if i get 280 fps but still plenty fast to kill anythings..

i'm trying to get many post around to see if any company will make a small spitfire or other coz i know many bowhunter want arrow to exit to show a brag photo like us do..
QUOTE=JTClark;284595]was search for a mini fixed blade cut on contact, i was in broadhead talk.com and they seek like ghost room with no repond, anyways come here and question and compare on 2 different slick trick razortrick vs steel force phathead or titanium bullet, i'm still in mixed up on what broadhead i want to get mechincal and fixed blade but i do like the look steel force titanium bullet has a teethback of blade and what do u like about razortrick and titanium bullet
i wonder will the 1 degree offset fletch 2" HP blazer steer them ? but other broadhead i still cirous about helix boradhead..
anyone shoot them yet ??[/QUOTE]

That is why I want to make sure we stay on topic for you.
also I know you mentiond fixed but have you looked at the Reign Broadhead from EP Hunting?

Last edited by Bburg Hunt N Fish; 02-05-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:50 PM   #64
JTClark

not at all i have search through but most i search the small broadhead and have find steelhead have some, but let me check ep hunter see what is that..

also just happen stop at store take look at bowhunting magazine and u know helix broadhead have been in magazine .
Old 02-05-2011, 05:19 PM   #65
JTClark

just check out regin broadhead, and it look awful, when they show the blade wing just move like swing, but i'm not sure about the if they would hit riser if someone are shoot backward of riser or have to change the arrow and shot little longer shaft for that..
on my bow i shot a shorter backward of riser but that broadhead sound almost same as ramcat but other guy who use ramcat on 1 3/8" and say cause hit riser wall or shelf " sample to that regin as they arent closed

i wonder have u done shot them and what do u have any report or explain how they going to do with riser and arrow ?
Old 02-08-2011, 04:43 PM   #66
Bburg Hunt N Fish

Quote:
just check out regin broadhead, and it look awful, when they show the blade wing just move like swing, but i'm not sure about the if they would hit riser if someone are shoot backward of riser or have to change the arrow and shot little longer shaft for that..
on my bow i shot a shorter backward of riser but that broadhead sound almost same as ramcat but other guy who use ramcat on 1 3/8" and say cause hit riser wall or shelf " sample to that regin as they arent closed

i wonder have u done shot them and what do u have any report or explain how they going to do with riser and arrow ?
I have had several customers use them . I myself have only shot them into a traget and they do fly well.
I cut the arrows to keep if flush or just out front of the riser for clearance purposes and also saftey.
That is just my likings but not everone shoots the same.
The Reign is really different and the head itself is very small.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:04 AM   #67
JTClark

would love to see regin make a new models as closed blade and when it hit it open smooth and cut like ice auger,
but HELIX broadhead from strickland look deadly, show a guy use recurve and shot a black bear complete pass thur with this head at like 180 fps, but i havent found a email address or a contact us on this site to ask question on how long is tip to back of blade like 1 or 2 inch,

know steelforce make a small phathead in 1 inch long from tip to back of blade, but reason i like small is way u can draw arrow into riser w/o hit riser wall or shelf

slick trick has small head, never have try it yet but have read alot post that they have use slick trick and have success shot animals around the world.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:09 PM   #68
poppiewellie
Charlie Mike+Nightingale

poppiewellie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanV2 View Post
Speed is not the Cure all! 55 grain broadhead would Not give very good FOC.

I won't shoot a broadhead tipped arrow with less than 12% preferably closer to 15%

Dan
If you use 55grain broadhead with weighted inserts, it will be able to provide better impact resistance and also improve FOC.
poppiewellie is offline   Reply With Quote