Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 03-25-2005, 05:30 PM   #1
RightWing

RightWing is on a distinguished road
Question Fletching:Straight, Offset, or Helical

Hey all,
I have a few carbon express 3d select shafts that I'd like to fletch. I have some Duravane 3d 2.3" fletches and a bunch of AA's (3"). I have both, a right helical, and a straight/offset clamps for my bitz fletching jigs. But, I'm not sure how to set the optimal offset, or measure it. How do you measure a 5 degree offset?What would you recommend? Has anyone tried a right helical on a 2.3" vane? I'm new to 3d and I've only fletched RH for hunting. Also, how far should the trailing end of the vane be from the nock?

Any help, would be most appreciated.
RightWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 10:04 PM   #2
archer55

archer55 is on a distinguished road

I use a JoJan fletcher and, using the straight clamp, I set it up where with a 4" vane I adjust the arrow so that I get good contact across the shaft using a right offset. Going about as far as you can and making really good contact across is about a 6 degree offset. I just fletched up some redlines tonight with 3" duravanes for an indoor bowhunter league and they looked good using that same angle. Haven't shot them yet, but I'm sure they'll be fine. Not sure if this is info you're looking for, but hope it helps.
By the way, I fletched my son's linejammers the same way with a 2.3" fletch and they worked great.
archer55 is offline   Reply With Quote