Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 02-19-2011, 05:05 PM   #1
Radar
Story of my life

Radar will become famous soon enough
Default Carter Only

I just bought a Carter Only and I know its early but man do I love this thing, so much adjustment I see good things in the future. Anyone else had this release or tried it yet.......what are your thoughts

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

I shoot this release and we've sold quite a few at the shop. The guys love them.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:10 AM   #3
Radar
Story of my life

Radar will become famous soon enough

I really like the scott longhorn ss, the black hole is nice as well but I decided to go with the Only, the adjustment is what sold me on it just got to get used to the thumb peg.

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:50 AM   #4
Compound Comedian

Compound Comedian is on a distinguished road

the short stem on this release will be a big factor wether you like this unit or not.

i have 4 bows all set at 30.5", but different models and cams 30.5" isnt always exactly 30.5" . I go between thre Carter Ember , a short stem release and a Truball absolute, a standard length stem depending on the bow.

the short stem doesnt feel right on some bows based on my anchor and on other bows its just right. of course you can lengthen your d loop
Compound Comedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:59 AM   #5
JDX--

JDX-- will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compound Comedian View Post
the short stem on this release will be a big factor wether you like this unit or not.

i have 4 bows all set at 30.5", but different models and cams 30.5" isnt always exactly 30.5" . I go between thre Carter Ember , a short stem release and a Truball absolute, a standard length stem depending on the bow.

the short stem doesnt feel right on some bows based on my anchor and on other bows its just right. of course you can lengthen your d loop

Good info

This is a factor that I have seen in the past as well when shooting different bows and using one or more different style releases some of this can contribute all the way back to the angle and style of the grip on the bow and how the whole systems feels as far as a solid repeatable anchor point when a full draw that you may have with a different bow.

JDX--

JDX-- is offline   Reply With Quote