Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Bowhunting forum

Old 07-27-2011, 10:28 AM   #1
vortec 1
Scent free & sittin High

vortec 1 is on a distinguished road
Default Is it November Yet??

I just hung up a stand in a spot I found on topo late last December and tried it out with my climber last year and I am really siked up about it.Swamp to the West and South West,oaks to the North, big field to the east but I'm in a 15 foot strip of oaks running parellel to the swamp and I've got a small 35 yrd field to the east which is surounded totaly by tall thick cover with trails running all direction's before they go out into the big field. I'm thinking come the rut , this mite be a good stageing area ti'll dark where the bucks's my try to do some breading with all that cover.Hpoefully it's not just my imagination running wild!!!
Old 07-27-2011, 01:02 PM   #2
elkslayer4x5
EastOutfitters

elkslayer4x5 is on a distinguished road
Default Not yet.

Unfortunatly, you've got 3 months to go, but it does give you time to set up shooting lanes from your stand and time to choose another tree for use when the prevailing wind is comming from a different direction. Use that brush you create when clearing shooting lanes, to change the exisiting trails so the deer will dirvert in under your shooting positions. But, of course you already know all of that, I just don't like seeing well thought out posts going un awnsered. I wish you all the luck in the world, and hope that a monster walks out and presents you with a slightly quartering away shot at his vitals.
04 Martin Cougar Elite Nitrous C X Quiktune 1000
elkslayer4x5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:47 PM   #3
vortec 1
Scent free & sittin High

vortec 1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
Unfortunatly, you've got 3 months to go, but it does give you time to set up shooting lanes from your stand and time to choose another tree for use when the prevailing wind is comming from a different direction. Use that brush you create when clearing shooting lanes, to change the exisiting trails so the deer will dirvert in under your shooting positions. But, of course you already know all of that, I just don't like seeing well thought out posts going un awnsered. I wish you all the luck in the world, and hope that a monster walks out and presents you with a slightly quartering away shot at his vitals.
Hey Elkslayer,
Thanks for the advice and the quartering away shoot sounds great!!!