Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 04-12-2005, 05:58 PM   #1
goldsmith

goldsmith is on a distinguished road
Default NAP Quick Spin, opinions

Hello everybody, I am new to this forum, like what's going on here.
I have a question about Quick Spin vanes. I tried them with a right helical set up. I am not impressed. How do you guys set them up?
If I compare them to my Arizona Archery Speed Flyte Vanes (also right helical) there is no comparison. On 40, 50 yards I loose almost a pin with the Quick Spins!!
So far the Speed Flytes are unbeatable and they are as tough as they come.
What is your opinion on Quick Spin?
goldsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 11:28 AM   #2
mlviper35

mlviper35 is on a distinguished road

I shoot 4" low profile duravanes, RH H, 1" inset, GT ULPro22,28.5,75grt, 10%FOC,60lbs. They fly well for 3D and target. Now my team mate shoots 4" QS, Straight 4 deg offset, 1" inset, ArrowDynamic Stinger,28.5,100grt,12%FOC,60lbs.
Flight is stable a little slower than the duravane. He really likes them. They just get to beat up for me. The duravanes last longer for me, and have a flatter flight. And when ever I try to jig the QS's I put a wrinkle in the back near the tab. They just dont jig well for me. Plus I get 100qty DV's for 7$ to the 19$ for 36 QS's.

A RH H would seem to be over kill for a QS. Do a couple up strght offset. They may fly better for you. Plus if you noticed we fly different arrow configs. So you may have to make up some arrows for just flying QS's.

Thats my take and only my take on this,

Regards,

Matt
mlviper35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 11:29 AM   #3
Pinwheel1969
#1 THREAD KILLER

Pinwheel1969 is on a distinguished road
Default Nap Quick spins

Not sure on this problem. I shoot 2.5 quick spins on my cx 3d selects. I have about 3" groups at 40yds. for me they hold tighter at longer distances than regular helicals. but it also depends on your set up too. maybe try a few on some different arrows? theoretically they should fly better at longer ranges. due to they spin 7 times faster than any other arrow. Maybe they just wont work w/ your set up. dont see why not though. are they on the same exact arrows that you had on your speed flytes? arrow lenth, spine, weight, and field tips the same?
I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
RANGER BOW STRINGS
Pinwheel1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 08:52 PM   #4
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

I shoot the 2.25" quikspins. I recently stripped of my mini blazers and put these on. I read on another forum that they would hit low so I wanted to see for myself.

I put the new quikspins on re-papertuned my bow and then just moved the pointer on my sight tape. I did not print a new sight tape.

I then went to the range and shot from 10-65 yards. The 10,20,30,40,50 were prefect. The 65 was the first one I noticed hitting a little low. Maybe 1.5yards off. I normally don't shoot that far at a 3D so it wasn't that important.

What I did notice was the excellent groups. Much better than the mini blazers. These were on easton Fatboy shafts. My opinion is the 2.25" quikspin is excellent and will stay on my arrows.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 02:00 PM   #5
TMan

TMan is on a distinguished road

The 4" Quick Spin's, fletched RW helical will stear a large fixed blade head to pretty much the same point of impact as any other vane with the same helical out to about 50yds. Past that you start to notice a drag penalty.

The 2.25's shoot considerably flatter than 3" conventional vanes with my setup. They are not particularly good with fixed blade heads, requiring a very good state of tune, above 250fps. Mechanicals, no difference.

In my experience, no vane will correct for a bad shot, and I can't say one type is more accurate than any other. But they will produce plenty of spin, with minimal offset, and excellent clearance with a prong type rest.
TMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 03:00 PM   #6
pikespeep

pikespeep is on a distinguished road

Agree completely with Chris, (actually bought the QS's from him). Put 1.5" QS on 6 Easton 3-39 and put 1.5" Blazers on the rest of the dz. At any range, 10 yards to 90 meters there was no comparision in groups. The QSs were always tighter than the Blazers and the Blazers were always better than feathers and othe vanes. There was no difference in speed (QS vs Blazers) because they were virtually the same wt, 0.5 grain difference at best. Using NAP's recommendation, I only fletched them within 1 to 2 degrees right offset. While spinning faster than the 4 or 2.5 inchers, the low profile of the 1.5s enable them to last longer. (Bought every color Chis sells!)

QS's are so good they'll probably be declared illegal.

Thanks
Don
pikespeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 09:54 AM   #7
glenny

glenny is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to glenny
Default The right offset is working here...

I shot the 4"er's for hunting last year and will use the 2.3's this year. beleive me they are more quiet and they spin even faster.
I put on the 1.5" for my 3d setup on cxl's and they flew great,I decided to go with the 2.3" because I thought they would help outdoors(wind)and the diameter of the shaft,but to tell ya the truth,I think the little ones were doing the job just fine after shooting them both.It sure is amazing what they do for my arrowflight.
I had a group about a foot or so at 105 yards in 30 mph winds,impressive.....
glenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 12:51 PM   #8
pikespeep

pikespeep is on a distinguished road

glenny: 12 inch groups at 105 yards? Extremely impressive!
d
pikespeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 08:12 PM   #9
eXcEnTriC

eXcEnTriC is on a distinguished road

my team mate shoots quickspins(not sure which 1's) but seeing him shoot great groups from 50-60yds makes me want them
eXcEnTriC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 09:03 AM   #10
glenny

Default done up any smaller shafts?

I was thining on putting them on some ace's or acc's,right now I am using 1.5 x-vanes for my feild setup.
Maybe I should put on the little ones?
Old 06-13-2005, 06:40 PM   #11
NUGEBOWMOFO

NUGEBOWMOFO is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikespeep
glenny: 12 inch groups at 105 yards? Extremely impressive!
d
Don't forget that piddley little 30 MPH wind!
NUGEBOWMOFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 08:59 PM   #12
glenny

Default I am switching everything over to nap quickspins.

For my 3d cxl2's,2.5"s.....
For my hunting shafts,maxima 350's and cx3003d selects....2.5"s
For my feild acc3-49 have x-vanes 1.5",putting on 1.5 nap quickspins.