Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 01-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #1
Allspunup
Arizona BowHunter

Allspunup is on a distinguished road
Default Helix Vs Rh Offset

Hey everyone, New here so first would just like to say hello!

Now I want to get opions on this subject as I have been doing some testing / tuning trying to figure out witch works better. I have read alot of prople think that the helix fletchings work way better and are more accurate that a straight 1 deg offset. So i went ahead and bought the bohning helix blazer jig and gave it a try... I have to say im disapointed at best.... At 20 yds every arrow was a guess of were it would hit the marks... I took the helix off and went back to the 1 deg offset and back to dime size 3 arrow groups at 20yds.... My setup is a mathews z7 extreme, trophy ridge wisker buiscuit, black gold rush 5 pin sight, beman ics bow hunter 340 arrows, 100 gn field points. 2" blazer's..... I dont know if it was the biscuit causing the problem or what but I would like to hear your opinions on this debate.... Maybe once i change the rest over to a qad hdx or ripcord fallaway ill have better luck but for now the 1 deg offset is working much better...

Cheers!
Allspunup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
Westy
Aussie Member

Westy has a spectacular aura aboutWesty has a spectacular aura about

Let me be the 1st to say to the site!!!IMO I'd chane the rest to a QAD HDx they seem to work the best on a Mathews bow,while the ripcord is a nice bit of gear it develops a strange clicking sound or mine did anyways!!!W\B is still a good rest and plenty of guys I shoot with swear by them,Good Luck with this

Last edited by Westy; 01-01-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:05 PM   #3
Allspunup
Arizona BowHunter

Allspunup is on a distinguished road

hey westy, thanks for the welcome.....Yea the only reason i still have it is there is less moving parts a stuff to make noise when your out hunting.....But if i can get better accuracy ...worth it i guess...
Allspunup is offline   Reply With Quote