Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Beginners Archery Range

Old 02-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
Lamps3

Lamps3 is on a distinguished road
Default The Best, Accurate Carbon Arrows?

Who makes the best, and most accurate carbon arrows for a 35lb pull Heritage Series, Impala Recurve? 28 inch!
Lamps3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #2
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

That's easy Easton X10's but you probably will not like the price tag. Over $400/dz
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #3
Lamps3

I bought some Red Head Carbon Fury 4560 one up for the pounds I am supposed to use from Bass Pro. They did not have any in that price range and I have too shoot really soon. They were 60 dollars. Havent tried them out yet but am looking forward to testing them out soon. I hope there is a few warm days soon. Supposed to be 39 degrees tomorrow. Warm enough for me to get out there and shoot some arrows. Also bought a Red Head Field Point Target, the Deluxe model. I hope the weather is warm where you are all at so you can get out and shoot some arrows too!

Respectfully, Rickey
Old 02-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #4
red44

red44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura about

Rickey your going to want something in the 600 spine range. Easton makes Axis in 600s and I believe Goldtip still makes the Entradas in 600. I have the entradas. I have'nt looked around lately at what others might carry arrows in this spine range so search around. Since you now have the 45/60s leave them full lenth if they're not already cut. You need to look at the actuall deflection numbers.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:04 AM   #5
red44

red44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura about

Carbon Epress lists a 600 spine in the Heritage shafts too. Not many places carry shafts in this spine, your most likely going to have to order them from a dealer or order online.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #6
Lamps3

Question

RED44 Please explain further as I am a new member. What do you mean by 600 Spline? What is a deflection number?

Respectfully, Rickey
Old 02-12-2012, 08:32 PM   #7
red44

Spine, not spline. Think of your aching back, LOL.
Deflection is how much the shaft flexes. They measure it at a known distance. All shafts are supported between 2 supports and a weight hung from the middle. How much it flexes is how much it deflects. a 600 spine flexes 2 times as much as a 300 spine. It bends more under the same distance and weight. Any bow only shoots a given arrow reasonably within a certain stiffness relative to the strenth of the bow power or limbs. You want to match as closely as you can the arrow spine (stiffness) to the bow's power. A higher pound bow will require a stiffer arrow. Most charts are based on the average 28" draw lenth, but if you are shorter or longer dynamic spine is affected. The longer the arrow and draw lenth, the stiffer arrow will be needed. Conversly, if you are shorter than the average, you probably can use a weaker arrow. A weaker arrow bends more, or has a higher deflection. You get it?
Old 02-13-2012, 07:00 PM   #8
wilkersonhunter
In God we trust

wilkersonhunter is on a distinguished road

Its really hard to beat any easton arrow.
[/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff
wilkersonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:40 PM   #9
red44

I'm not knocking Easton, but for target work CE Maximas have been more consistant for me. I suppose you could ask 10 guys what shaft is best and you'll get 10 different answeres. Find one in the proper spine rating and shoot.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #10
red44

Just noticed CE also carries spines out to 800 for us low pounders, in their Predator series of arrows.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #11
Lamps3

Quote:
Originally Posted by red44 View Post
I'm not knocking Easton, but for target work CE Maximas have been more consistant for me. I suppose you could ask 10 guys what shaft is best and you'll get 10 different answeres. Find one in the proper spine rating and shoot.
red where do you buy your maximas at?
Old 03-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #12
red44

I usually order them thru my local shop. Ends up about the same as ordering on line and supports the local guy. If you don't have a local shop I'm sure this site's sponsor Obsession Archery, can get them for you. Talk to Chris.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:22 AM   #13
Lamps3

Quote:
Originally Posted by red44 View Post
I usually order them thru my local shop. Ends up about the same as ordering on line and supports the local guy. If you don't have a local shop I'm sure this site's sponsor Obsession Archery, can get them for you. Talk to Chris.

That will take some investigating. As the ones who did my arrows in 07 are out of business. I do have one other place to check. I will see if they have them. I know they have Gold Tip but not sure about the others.

Respectfully, Rickey