Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Bowhunting forum

Old 08-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #1
Dartonshooter24

Dartonshooter24 is on a distinguished road
Default HHA sight questions help!

Hi guys...I'm new here and on my darton bow I have a hha sight...I can't find what its called since I bought the bow used...I know its a hha but what kind of sight is it? Its clear plastic oval with green crosshairs...not a pin...crosshairs like in a scope...its pretty nice but it can put a light in it...anyone have any ideas where I can find this light? And number two...my dads buddy has a hha single pin sight that goes from the bottom pointing up...like the new ones but here's the diffrence...for the light on it it has a cable that attaches to the string so when u pull back the sight lights up...its an older model anyone have any ideas on what this sight is called? Really wanna know thanks guys
Dartonshooter24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:44 AM   #2
bfisher

bfisher will become famous soon enough

B your description I doubt it's an HHA unless it's a very old one. Their pin guards have been machined aluminum as long as I can remember and I've been using one for about 10 years. It might be possible somebody adapted a different pin guard to an HHA mount.

As for all the ones I've seen or used there has never been a reason for a light. The fibers are wrapped around the outside of the pin guard and frankly are bright enough that I can see my pin long long afte legal hunting hours. In fact, I actually wrapped electrical tape around my guard just to tone the pin down and just like last night, I was shooting out at my club until 8:45 pm and still didn't have a problem seeing the pin and I've got 65 year old eyes.
Worldwide Scuba Diver
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:49 AM   #3
red44

red44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura about

Perhaps a GWS made slider. They have a couple models but I only see a round plastic housing w/crosshair, not an oval. Does it say HHA on it?
Old 08-24-2012, 02:35 PM   #4
bfisher

bfisher will become famous soon enough

Don't ya just love it when somebody asks a question and then never replies back?
Worldwide Scuba Diver
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #5
red44

red44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura about

I know B.
Some stay and some not. Frustrating a little but you try to help anyway in the hopes they stick around.
Dartonshooter24, HHA's came in many configurations over the years of their manufacture, I have and old one with one pin that comes down from the top in a narrow sideways oval housing. Could be yours IS an HHA, but you got to stick around if you want help. This stuff is'nt always cut-and-dry easy.