Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Bowhunting forum

Old 08-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
Jodyb

Jodyb is on a distinguished road
Default what does it take to become a staff shooter

I have been looking for any info on how to become a product tester or staff shooter . i have been an avid sportsman for years . i am looking for ways to increase my ability and would like to be able to share my skills and abilitys with others as well as learn from other people too. feel free to let me know any information about how to get started in this. thanks a lot
Jodyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:35 AM   #2
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

IMHO----Most staff shooters are guys that manufacturers sucker in with a .5 percent off sale throw in a hat with the agreement that they pester all there buddies and strangers on the internet on how this product changed the there life and the world in general to sucker more people into buying there POS product.

So if you want to be a staff shooter just go on AT with a pocket full of money, throw some at Bernie and a couple different string makers and vola your a staff shooter and can have a impressive signature line too.

Any questions?

Seriously dude if your good and your winning people will be looking to sponsor you besides that your just buying a title. Like I said IMHO

and to 3d shoots, stick around and post up!!
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:59 AM   #3
sweet old bill

sweet old bill is on a distinguished road

I have found over the years that a lot of the mfg's have a very narrow idea of what makes a good staff member of there team. Seems they would like you to be in the top 5% of all shooters in the good old USA. Were I think they fall short is how you as a member of there mfg team would be able to highlight there products. I have been a staff shooter to a few mfg's and I was a good shooter but never in that top 5%, but what I did bring to the highlight of me being a person that had his own archery shop, shot must weekends 3D's or NFAA, was on several of archery task forces (Bill Wadsworth NFAA ) in the early 70's to develop the education that was used for archery in several of the states.I also strived erach year to get young and older people in our sport of archery. I also continued to be a member of several archery clubs both in NY and SC. I due think the bow mfg's in general are passing by the number of seniors that are still shooting. We want a product set that is not what they seem to be selling super fast bows that are not user friendly. I am sure if PSE or other Major mfg's developed a senior product that would be easy draw, large brace height and over 34 inch in length that would fit the older archers it would be a winer. But again what do I know. I am a 70 years young and still shooting every day, and going to the 3D shoots on the weekend.
Senior archers of Oneonta NY
sweet old bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:25 AM   #4
ranger53

ranger53 is on a distinguished road

I became a staff shooter for a proshop this year. The shop owner asked me if I wanted to be one. I told him I would love to, but I couldn't promise him I could go to any regional (ASA) tournaments this year. He told me that my interest and continuation of the sport is what made him consider me. I jumped in to open class this year, and I'm 58 yrs. old. So, It really depends on the person. Of course, there were a few perks, but I just love the sport of archery. And I promote his shop, BTW, by telling people that I here talking about bowhunting and all, that they might need to go to his shop to check it out! The shop owner shoots Senior pro in the ASA and has been into archery for 50 years. He started when he was 8 yrs. old. I will say that I actually won my class (open C) at one of our 3d shoots. Really surprised me. I knew that there was a few that could slam me, but I guess I just had my " A" game that day. Made me fell like I was on top of the world. I also got a trophy for being the 2nd best shooter of the year, also. That just made my year. If people can keep the %^^$$@ politics out of this sport and follow the rules that are in place, this sport will really take off. Just sayin'
Tommy
Old 08-13-2012, 02:56 AM   #5
Westy
Aussie Member

Westy has a spectacular aura aboutWesty has a spectacular aura about
Default what does it take to become a staff shooter

Normally in my experiance "A Huge Bloody Nob On Your HEAD!!!!!" well thats my 2 cents worth!!!!!

Westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #6
Jodyb

Jodyb is on a distinguished road
Default thanks

Hey thank you Guys,

I was just curious. i suppose that due to me being in middle Ga . there is not a lot of manufacturers here. i certainly appreciate all of your feed back. i guess i will just continue to hunt and kill and reap the rewards of being able to live . and enjoy my venison, wild turkey "the eatin kind not the drinking kind" squirell and rabbit and all of the great woodland creatures that are available for me to shoot.
Jodyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:13 AM   #7
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodyb View Post
Hey thank you Guys,

I was just curious. i suppose that due to me being in middle Ga . there is not a lot of manufacturers here. i certainly appreciate all of your feed back. i guess i will just continue to hunt and kill and reap the rewards of being able to live . and enjoy my venison, wild turkey "the eatin kind not the drinking kind" squirell and rabbit and all of the great woodland creatures that are available for me to shoot.

Brother..........tell it like it is.

and alittle wild turkey over ice never hurt a thing.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote