Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 10-29-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
Westy
Aussie Member

Westy has a spectacular aura aboutWesty has a spectacular aura about
Default Opps i've done it again

Well I did it again,I bought myself a Hoyt Vector Turbo!!!!!! This time i'm going to shoot it MBO and wanted to know what others thought Couldn't help it they were giving them away at A.T and i'm sick of not being able to shoot over 300FPS

cheers WESTY

Westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:58 PM   #2
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

We knew you would be back.

Now keep your nose out of the string this time!
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #3
Westy
Aussie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
We knew you would be back.

Now keep your nose out of the string this time!
I'll be A.O.K as long as i don't use those ****house nocks from Gold-Tip!!I guess i got carried away and threw the baby out with the bathwater and Blamed hoytfor something that wasn't really there fault!!!1Have to say it scared the out of me though!!Turbo vector with Gt pro22 for 3D and Alpha elite for spots I'd reckon and keep the z7 mags for hunting trips what you reckon guys????

Old 10-31-2012, 07:14 AM   #4
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

Sounds like you have a pretty nice mess of bow to choose from.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
duanelane

duanelane will become famous soon enough

Shot one a week ago a budy got prety smooth and liked the back wall i just kept torqueing the thing to the left and slinging arrows all over the place.....just stick with my elite for 3d and hunting my frankenstine 07 ultra tech for spots the buckmaster when all else fails...........
duanelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #6
Westy
Aussie Member

Thanks guys ,I want to run a V bar set up on this bow any ideas or tips ???As to what length and brands and before you say it carpshooter i don't want uncle Coach bernnies !!!!!!!!

cheers Westy

Old 11-02-2012, 07:15 AM   #7
Gator eye

I ve been runnning 30 inch front. On the back bars I run a 10 inch bar on one side and a 12 inch bar on the other.
Why you might ask I use two different lengths on the back bar? Because those are the sizes I found used on AT.
This year, because of shoulder issues, I have dropped down to one 12 bar and I'm using less weight on the front and back bar.
My advise for getting a stabilizer set is....You want stiff bars with alot of adjustment on where you can place the weight. I have B-stinger but I'm sure that Donkers, Bernie's or a number of other names are just as good. Don't go cheap on the v-bar mount or back bar mounts if they move and slide at the shot or have limited adjustment you really are waisting your time even using a good set of rods.

Edit......I use this length bar with a 40 inch ATA bow, if I was setting up a shorter bow I would probably look for a little shorter rods. Also if all you can find is a 33 inch bar it is fairly easy to cut a longer bar down more to a length of your liking.

Last edited by Gator eye; 11-02-2012 at 07:18 AM.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #8
Westy
Aussie Member

Quote:
I ve been runnning 30 inch front. On the back bars I run a 10 inch bar on one side and a 12 inch bar on the other.
Why you might ask I use two different lengths on the back bar? Because those are the sizes I found used on AT.
This year, because of shoulder issues, I have dropped down to one 12 bar and I'm using less weight on the front and back bar.
My advise for getting a stabilizer set is....You want stiff bars with alot of adjustment on where you can place the weight. I have B-stinger but I'm sure that Donkers, Bernie's or a number of other names are just as good. Don't go cheap on the v-bar mount or back bar mounts if they move and slide at the shot or have limited adjustment you really are waisting your time even using a good set of rods.

Edit......I use this length bar with a 40 inch ATA bow, if I was setting up a shorter bow I would probably look for a little shorter rods. Also if all you can find is a 33 inch bar it is fairly easy to cut a longer bar down more to a length of your liking.
Thanks Mate I appericate your help !!!!!Love the Signiture!!!!!1

Old 11-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #9
Carpshooter
Recycle archer

Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Talking Inquiry mind wants to know !

Gator , how many stations can you get with that setup ? ........................................ ............................................. ............................................. .............................................

........................................... ........................................... .....
Carpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:01 AM   #10
Gator eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
Gator , how many stations can you get with that setup ? ........................................ ............................................. ............................................. .............................................

........................................... ........................................... .....

I can tune in Tokyo on a good night......
Old 11-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #11
Westy
Aussie Member

Quote:
I can tune in Tokyo on a good night......
See if you can here this then Mate!!!!!!:laug h:

Old 11-06-2012, 06:56 AM   #12
Gator eye

Nope....let me turn it up for you mate............insert picture here

Old 11-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #13
Westy
Aussie Member

Quote:
Nope....let me turn it up for you mate............insert picture here

Thats a oldie but a goodie Mate!!!!!