Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Bowhunting forum
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
Ohansolo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 229
Ohansolo is on a distinguished road
Default 2 buck taken in one day.

went out on a fire arms hunt Friday with my father in law Rick. got in stands around 1:30. at 3 herd 2 shots from the direction of Rick a moment later a 6 point walked in about 50 yards from me settled the sights behind the shoulder and bang. he only went 30 yards and crashed. as i am getting down from the stand my phone starts ringing, its rick told him i got a 6 and he comes over to see what i got. I was very pleased with my harvest and he said to me it is a good thing mine was down cause we needed to go find his. great blood trail that went on and on. it really is amazing how far a shot deer can go. we tracked his deer 3/4 of a mile and eventually found it 10 feet from someones back door. It was still alive and looking right at us. we decided to go back to the truck and give it some time. about an hour later we drove to the house where his deer was but now someone was home. knocked on the door and a lady answered. we told her what was up and that we were sorry to bother her. she was nice enough to let us go get the deer. the plan was to chase the deer back into the woods where we could put another shot in it but when we got around the back of the house the deer was dead. we dragged it out to the truck and that was that. just goes to show that fallowing a blood trail can pay off. no mater how long the trail is. ricks deer was a good looking 8 point. and my 6 was the first deer i have ever taken with a fire arm.

2 buck 300 yards apart taken within 2 minutes of each other. now that is what i call a good day of hunting.
Ohansolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
rage-it
Senior Member
 
rage-it's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,061
rage-it is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohansolo View Post
went out on a fire arms hunt Friday with my father in law Rick. got in stands around 1:30. at 3 herd 2 shots from the direction of Rick a moment later a 6 point walked in about 50 yards from me settled the sights behind the shoulder and bang. he only went 30 yards and crashed. as i am getting down from the stand my phone starts ringing, its rick told him i got a 6 and he comes over to see what i got. I was very pleased with my harvest and he said to me it is a good thing mine was down cause we needed to go find his. great blood trail that went on and on. it really is amazing how far a shot deer can go. we tracked his deer 3/4 of a mile and eventually found it 10 feet from someones back door. It was still alive and looking right at us. we decided to go back to the truck and give it some time. about an hour later we drove to the house where his deer was but now someone was home. knocked on the door and a lady answered. we told her what was up and that we were sorry to bother her. she was nice enough to let us go get the deer. the plan was to chase the deer back into the woods where we could put another shot in it but when we got around the back of the house the deer was dead. we dragged it out to the truck and that was that. just goes to show that fallowing a blood trail can pay off. no mater how long the trail is. ricks deer was a good looking 8 point. and my 6 was the first deer i have ever taken with a fire arm.

2 buck 300 yards apart taken within 2 minutes of each other. now that is what i call a good day of hunting.
Congrats

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
rage-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #3
duanelane
Senior Member
 
duanelane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: BF IOWA
Posts: 1,534
duanelane will become famous soon enough
Default

congrats on a good hunt! pics or it never happend ,so im told.....
duanelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:49 PM   #4
JaySenior
Junior Member
 
JaySenior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Hudson,Fl.
Posts: 8
JaySenior is on a distinguished road
Default

Congratulations Ohansosl,
My younger brother and his nephew did the same thing last week end. My brother killed a big 8 point and just 1 minute later his nephew killed a big 10 point. They were about 100 yards apart he said.
Some days just go great.
I can't wait to get back in the field, it has been way to long.
JaySenior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:21 AM   #5
Ohansolo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 229
Ohansolo is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duanelane View Post
congrats on a good hunt! pics or it never happend ,so im told.....
They are on my Iphone and have not had a chance to down load. they are coming.
Ohansolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:22 AM   #6
Ohansolo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 229
Ohansolo is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySenior View Post
Congratulations Ohansosl,
My younger brother and his nephew did the same thing last week end. My brother killed a big 8 point and just 1 minute later his nephew killed a big 10 point. They were about 100 yards apart he said.
Some days just go great.
I can't wait to get back in the field, it has been way to long.
heck yeah. glad to here others are having luck too. hope you get out soon and put one down.
Ohansolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #7
Westy
Aussie Member
 
Westy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cleveland Australia
Posts: 8,204
Westy has a spectacular aura aboutWesty has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duanelane View Post
congrats on a good hunt! pics or it never happend ,so im told.....
You are learning Wise One!!!!!!.......................... .......................
__________________
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #8
duanelane
Senior Member
 
duanelane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: BF IOWA
Posts: 1,534
duanelane will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westy View Post
You are learning Wise One!!!!!!.......................... .......................



Learnd from the best........................
duanelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:51 AM   #9
red44
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South East Massachusetts
Posts: 2,340
red44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura about
Default

Congrats on yours and for staying after your FIL's. You were fortunate to have a cooperative homeowner. That could have turned ugly.
__________________
FBSA Member
red44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:29 AM   #10
Ohansolo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 229
Ohansolo is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red44 View Post
Congrats on yours and for staying after your FIL's. You were fortunate to have a cooperative homeowner. That could have turned ugly.
We were very lucky. On the other hand she was too. If we hadn't stayed after him she would have had to find a way to get rid of a big deer. The cool part about Pa is if you call a game warden often they will escort you to getting the deer but who wants to go through that.
Ohansolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 3DShoots.com