Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 01-20-2007, 04:18 PM   #1
TnRidge

TnRidge is on a distinguished road
Default Kodiak Outdoors

Anyone else shoot a Kodiak Outdoors bow besides me ? I know they aren't as popular as many bows ,but they are a sweet shooting bow .
I'm currently shooting a Kodiak Titan 34 .
Old 01-20-2007, 05:12 PM   #2
Dredly
Site Guru

Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRidge View Post
Anyone else shoot a Kodiak Outdoors bow besides me ? I know they aren't as popular as many bows ,but they are a sweet shooting bow .
I'm currently shooting a Kodiak Titan 34 .
I heard really good things about their lineup last year. Did they come out with anything new this year?
Old 01-21-2007, 05:23 AM   #3
TnRidge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
I heard really good things about their lineup last year. Did they come out with anything new this year?
I'm not sure . I haven't heard much buzz from the ATA show about Kodiak Outdoors . Their website is under construction .
Old 01-21-2007, 07:37 AM   #4
dodgensince74

I've heard nothing but good from the guys that I have run into that own Kodiak's.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:19 AM   #5
TnRidge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgensince74 View Post
I've heard nothing but good from the guys that I have run into that own Kodiak's.

I'm surprized more guys don't shoot them . They don't know what they are missing .
Old 01-21-2007, 12:47 PM   #6
Dredly
Site Guru

Quote:
I'm surprized more guys don't shoot them . They don't know what they are missing .
I know what they are missing... DEALERS!
Old 01-21-2007, 02:20 PM   #7
TnRidge

Quote:
I know what they are missing... DEALERS!

I agree , they definatly need to work on their dealer network and marketing . You can have the best product in the world ,but if people aren't familiar with the product the company will never be successfull .
Good advertizing is the key in a competitive bow market .Once they have a demand , the dealerships will pick them up .
Old 01-21-2007, 03:01 PM   #8
Dredly
Site Guru

Quote:
I agree , they definatly need to work on their dealer network and marketing . You can have the best product in the world ,but if people aren't familiar with the product the company will never be successfull .
Good advertizing is the key in a competitive bow market .Once they have a demand , the dealerships will pick them up .
yeah... The only way I heard ANYTHING about them was by looking around on Huntersfriend.com which gave them extremely high ratings... there is 0 market presence though and just as few dealers to go shoot.

If they plan on sticking around they need to address that
Old 01-21-2007, 04:11 PM   #9
TnRidge

They seem to be more visible in the market when they first came out . here is a picture of my 2006 Titan .

General Archery Forum

Last edited by TnRidge; 01-21-2007 at 04:21 PM.
TnRidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 04:41 PM   #10
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

gotta say that is one smokin lookin bow......to bad they dont make a longer ata, target bow......
Old 01-21-2007, 04:44 PM   #11
Pinwheel1969
#1 THREAD KILLER

Pinwheel1969 is on a distinguished road
Default Kodiak Outdoors

I agree w/ the dealer thing. Theres only one place in our area that carries them. Gander Mountain. I checked these bows out 3 or 4 years ago at Gander. Very nice bows. The archery guy said they were thinking of stop carrying them. They were not selling at all. I noticed that they have a hefty price tag. And they cant compete w/ the larger companies that have more medium priced bows from PSE, Martin, Diamond. Its too bad to. Gander isnt helping them out either. Every time I was there getting hunting stuff. The techs would steer them away from them. To a more known company. Thats one reason I hate shoe box stores. Most of the archery guys are mere idots. Most try to push what they like. Kodiak should think of going to a pro-shop bow. The chain stores dont care about them and will only help if they can make a buck. A pro-shop will do more to try to sell one. Setting up and shooting and knowing the bows mechanics is where a pro-shop can help!!!
I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
RANGER BOW STRINGS
Pinwheel1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 04:56 PM   #12
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

they were a proshop bow, the shop I work in had them but they did not sell well there so he dropped them.....when you are a new company you need to come out w/something special or it better be inexpensive of people just wont buy it.....
Old 01-21-2007, 05:00 PM   #13
TnRidge

I think they need to send out some demo bows to proshops per request by potential customers who would like to try them out ,but there isn't a dealer in their area .
Some of the smaller companies do that to get their foot in the door in the proshops . I have never read any negative reviews about these bows from those who have shot them .
Alot of the archery industry is about hype and perception when it comes to choosing a bow . There are many guys who think there are only 3 or 4 companies producing good bows because of the hype .

Last edited by TnRidge; 01-21-2007 at 05:03 PM.
TnRidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:48 PM   #14
mdewitt71

mdewitt71 is on a distinguished road

Last year at the ATA they had thier Binary Cam bows there.
The Kinetic brought a large crowd as I heard many great reviews of the bow.
The modular riser design intrested me as well, I even contacted K.O in ref. to by one............
I was going thru Hunters Friend and Michael a sales rep was getting me all the info.
All the sudden the Kinetic bows were no longer on Hunters Friends website and I was told that Bowtech heard about the Binary cam issue and I am sure some "legal eagles" had to step in.
Reguardless, I do think they make some nice looking bow and have heard they shoot real well.
Strother Archery- SR-71 28.5"/65lbs. & 370gr. = 303 FPS
mdewitt71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:31 PM   #15
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdewitt71 View Post
Last year at the ATA they had thier Binary Cam bows there.
The Kinetic brought a large crowd as I heard many great reviews of the bow.
The modular riser design intrested me as well, I even contacted K.O in ref. to by one............
I was going thru Hunters Friend and Michael a sales rep was getting me all the info.
All the sudden the Kinetic bows were no longer on Hunters Friends website and I was told that Bowtech heard about the Binary cam issue and I am sure some "legal eagles" had to step in.
Reguardless, I do think they make some nice looking bow and have heard they shoot real well.
what is the problem w/bowtech anyway??? Are they afraid that if another company gets there precios technology they might make it better????
Old 01-21-2007, 06:39 PM   #16
mdewitt71

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
what is the problem w/bowtech anyway??? Are they afraid that if another company gets there precios technology they might make it better????
More like obsolete.............
Think about it, Bowtech strives off the fast Binary cams that they have improved on from the Darton patent. They were quick to have Darton give them exclusive rights and quick to shut any down that trys to use it.....

I guess that is why they are considered a "Big Dog" now days. This months Inside Archery did the cover story on em. They claimed over an 80% business sales jump.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:14 PM   #17
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

Pretty nice looking bow there. I would love to find one to shoot.

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 05:04 AM   #18
TnRidge

I actually prefer the smooth draw of the single cam Titan . I like how I can adjust my draw length and letoff on the cam without changing modules . Simply loosen the allen screws and slide the module in the corresponding slot on the cam then tighten it down .
Old 01-22-2007, 07:06 AM   #19
Dredly
Site Guru

Quote:
think about it... Bowtech probably dropped a fortune on getting that patent from Darton right? Why would you let somone else use it when it is the basis for their bows?

It would make no sense, the whole purpose of a patent is to protect what is yours...
Old 01-22-2007, 09:00 PM   #20
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
think about it... Bowtech probably dropped a fortune on getting that patent from Darton right? Why would you let somone else use it when it is the basis for their bows?

It would make no sense, the whole purpose of a patent is to protect what is yours...
but it wasnt theres......its like a guy builds a real nice muscle car and sells it and then the guy who buys it takes it around and shows it off like he built it.....
Old 01-22-2007, 09:26 PM   #21
mdewitt71

Quote:
but it wasnt theres......its like a guy builds a real nice muscle car and sells it and then the guy who buys it takes it around and shows it off like he built it.....
Think of it "this way"...A guy builds a nice car, not the fastest or the coolest but pretty nice for his style.
His partner comes along and says he can juice it up, takes it home cranks it up to a monster 500 H.P 1/4 mile killing machine that his buddy couldn't do.

Do you think he is gonna let his buddy take the credit?

Darton had it but couldn't get much out of it at the time, Bowtech borrowed it and made it better, then made a "killing" off of it................

Am I a Bowtech fanatic?? No, I own one but, would sell it in a heartbeat if you can come out with a single cam with the speeds on one at 7+ inch brace.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:41 PM   #22
brokenarrow
Evil Genius

brokenarrow is on a distinguished road

Quote:

You don't LET someone use your patented parts...you license them...the second party pays a royalty to you to use your proprietary technology...

brokenarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:43 PM   #23
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
You don't LET someone use your patented parts...you license them...the second party pays a royalty to you to use your proprietary technology...
yeah what he said.....I will second that......he just sounds smart dont he.....
Old 01-22-2007, 09:49 PM   #24
brokenarrow
Evil Genius

Quote:
yeah what he said.....I will second that......he just sounds smart dont he.....
I just like usin' them high falutin' words evry now an' then...

Old 01-22-2007, 09:53 PM   #25
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
I just like usin' them high falutin' words evry now an' then...
it makes you feel smarter dont it......tell me the truth when you sit down at the comp tuter, your thersaures ( bad spelling) is right next to your keyboard......
Old 01-22-2007, 09:59 PM   #26
brokenarrow
Evil Genius

Quote:
it makes you feel smarter dont it......tell me the truth when you sit down at the comp tuter, your thersaures ( bad spelling) is right next to your keyboard......
I always used to laugh when you ask how to spell a word and they tell you look it up in the dictionary....

Old 01-23-2007, 04:47 AM   #27
TnRidge

Quote:

Exactly . Now ,how did this thread get turned into a thread about Bowtech ? I just wanted to know who shoots a Kodiak besides me .
Old 01-23-2007, 06:49 AM   #28
Dredly
Site Guru

Quote:
yes... however SOME companies appear to have decided not to pay license fees to use the patent which is why they went to court.

And I don't know of anyone that shoots Kodiak on here bud, sorry
Old 01-23-2007, 12:38 PM   #29
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
Exactly . Now ,how did this thread get turned into a thread about Bowtech ? I just wanted to know who shoots a Kodiak besides me .
I appologize for the masses known as Us here, who can always figure away to hyjack a thread.....I am so bad I usaully hyjack my own threads.....
Old 01-23-2007, 03:55 PM   #30
TnRidge

Soooooooo ,back to the subject . Who actually shoots a Kodiak ?