Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2007, 06:20 PM   #1
Buckwheat
Member
 
Buckwheat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Oxford, Al
Posts: 74
Buckwheat is on a distinguished road
Default High Country Bows

Ok; since you guys answered my last question so well I'll try another. I'm currently shooting a High Country Safari that my wife bought for me some 14 or 15 years ago. I love this bow but recently have been yerning for a new outfit. Should I stick with what I've got or look for something new?
Buckwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:33 PM   #2
Dredly
Site Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Saylorsburg PA
Posts: 4,358
Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
Ok; since you guys answered my last question so well I'll try another. I'm currently shooting a High Country Safari that my wife bought for me some 14 or 15 years ago. I love this bow but recently have been yerning for a new outfit. Should I stick with what I've got or look for something new?
Get something new! New is always better hehe.
__________________
No I'm not dead
Dredly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:42 PM   #3
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......
 
BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hoosierville
Posts: 13,882
BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default

If you have the funds for a new bow then I'd suggest you go out and shoot several different bows and see if they are to your liking. I shot the same bow for about 10 years and loved it very much but when I shot the SB XT I could not believe how much bows had changed over the years. I shot Mathews,Bowtech,Hoyt,PSE,Parker,Martin before choosing the XT. You will love the technology changes of the new bows. Good Luck and do not take others word for it shoot all possible bows only you know what is right for you.
__________________


"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:46 PM   #4
terryracing86
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: missouri
Posts: 64
terryracing86 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to terryracing86
Default bow

if your looking for something "newer" and dont want to spend alot, i have a 05 Storm F-28, RH, 50-70 pounds, 80 % letoff, camo, solo cam, has d loop, peep and sims limbsavers on it, no scratches $250 TYD OBO heres a pic

General Archery Forum
terryracing86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:00 PM   #5
brokenarrow
Evil Genius
 
brokenarrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Hudson Valley NY
Posts: 5,305
brokenarrow is on a distinguished road
Default

Get something up to date...Archery has come a long way in the last 15 years...
I think you'll really like shooting some new gear...So go out and testdrive a few different makes and models....
__________________

brokenarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:45 PM   #6
bullspotter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,047
bullspotter is on a distinguished road
Default

Im with the rest here..... go try out some new ones, most good places will let ya shoot a few, i think you will like the (newer) bows, theirs lots of them to choose from!!! Good luck and keep us up to date.
bullspotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:48 PM   #7
Dredly
Site Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Saylorsburg PA
Posts: 4,358
Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryracing86 View Post
if your looking for something "newer" and dont want to spend alot, i have a 05 Storm F-28, RH, 50-70 pounds, 80 % letoff, camo, solo cam, has d loop, peep and sims limbsavers on it, no scratches $250 TYD OBO heres a pic

General Archery Forum
50 - 70 pound limbs? thats kind of unusual...
__________________
No I'm not dead
Dredly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:00 PM   #8
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
50 - 70 pound limbs? thats kind of unusual...
maybe this storm has 50-70 mph limbs....
__________________
I cut things up and split them down!
BUNNYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:00 AM   #9
Holy Smokes
Senior Member
 
Holy Smokes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free
Posts: 6,713
Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
50 - 70 pound limbs? thats kind of unusual...
Don't let Dreadly fool ya for he is a big boy. hey with the new ligther arrows today you don't have ta shoot the heavy # any mo. Archery sho has improve by leaps and bound since dat good old HC were king. If you got the $$$ to spare you might try something new. If Not just enjoy shootin what ya got. I would say that many a deer has fell prey to a couple of sticks and a small stone. Oh buy da way dem not suppose to hurt. HS
__________________



Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Holy Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 06:47 AM   #10
Dredly
Site Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Saylorsburg PA
Posts: 4,358
Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
Don't let Dreadly fool ya for he is a big boy. hey with the new ligther arrows today you don't have ta shoot the heavy # any mo. Archery sho has improve by leaps and bound since dat good old HC were king. If you got the $$$ to spare you might try something new. If Not just enjoy shootin what ya got. I would say that many a deer has fell prey to a couple of sticks and a small stone. Oh buy da way dem not suppose to hurt. HS
does that mean I can sit at the big kids table now uncle HS?

50 - 70 pound limbs are still pretty unusual but its a great idea!

My dad was in the same boat a few years ago, he was shooting an OLD white tail pro hunter. he upgraded and hasn't picked up the pro-hunter since then. My uncle did the same thing.

There is just no comparison between the older bows and the bows of today.
__________________
No I'm not dead
Dredly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:22 AM   #11
Holy Smokes
Senior Member
 
Holy Smokes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free
Posts: 6,713
Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
does that mean I can sit at the big kids table now uncle HS?

50 - 70 pound limbs are still pretty unusual but its a great idea!

My dad was in the same boat a few years ago, he was shooting an OLD white tail pro hunter. he upgraded and hasn't picked up the pro-hunter since then. My uncle did the same thing.

There is just no comparison between the older bows and the bows of today.
Dreadly as big as yo is ya can sit at any table you want to! In some circles it would be Father HS
__________________



Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Holy Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:25 AM   #12
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default

now he will add some think he is god to his signature....
__________________
I cut things up and split them down!
BUNNYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:22 AM   #13
Dredly
Site Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Saylorsburg PA
Posts: 4,358
Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
Dreadly as big as yo is ya can sit at any table you want to! In some circles it would be Father HS
your my daddy?
__________________
No I'm not dead
Dredly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 05:41 PM   #14
Holy Smokes
Senior Member
 
Holy Smokes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free
Posts: 6,713
Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
your my daddy?
__________________



Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Holy Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:18 PM   #15
Buckwheat
Member
 
Buckwheat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Oxford, Al
Posts: 74
Buckwheat is on a distinguished road
Cool High Country Bows

Thanks guys for the input. $$$ is the major problem right now; to close after Christmas. I have shot a Mathews Switch back and a Bowtech last year at a local outdoors show. I liked the mathews but it kept slapping my forearm the Bowtech really shot better for me. The draw length was to long on both but the later fit me better. Lately I've been looking at Parker but I don't know alot about them.
Buckwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 3DShoots.com