Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Beginners Archery Range
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2007, 02:20 PM   #1
RC159
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6
RC159 is on a distinguished road
Default Noobie needs a bow

I've got 500.00 to spend and I want to get the most for my money. Im triying to stay away from the name brands. What I want to know is what are some name brands that are good bows but are lower in price. Im thinking I can go on ebay and snatch up a good deal on a good bow. I would like to find the whole package, ready to shoot out of the box. thanks for your replies inadvance.
RC159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 03:22 PM   #2
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC159 View Post
I've got 500.00 to spend and I want to get the most for my money. Im triying to stay away from the name brands. What I want to know is what are some name brands that are good bows but are lower in price. Im thinking I can go on ebay and snatch up a good deal on a good bow. I would like to find the whole package, ready to shoot out of the box. thanks for your replies inadvance.
ready to shoot out of the box......dont know too many quality low price packages that are ready out of the box that dont have to be tuned....I would look at the new Mission X3 and see if there arent some used accesories you might find......you may find a good used deal on here or AT but if you dont have some posts some people wont deal with you.....kinda like needing credit to get credit.....
BUNNYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 03:29 PM   #3
Dredly
Site Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Saylorsburg PA
Posts: 4,358
Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly
Default

DON'T BUY NEW!

Look on the classifieds here and on Archery talk for some great deals on used bows or check out MoNoFletch, he is selling some special edition Pearsons that are great bows for around 300 or so.
__________________
No I'm not dead
Dredly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 04:53 PM   #4
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......
 
BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hoosierville
Posts: 13,882
BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default

Glad to hear you are looking for a bow. Shoot as many as you possibly can but do not limit yourself to certain brands. Classifieds are great to pick up used or Mission,Reflex,Diamond,Bear,Martin,Gander Mountains Tec Series. All make great bows. Have fun shooting and hope you find one that feels good to ya.
__________________


"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 06:48 PM   #5
brokenarrow
Evil Genius
 
brokenarrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Hudson Valley NY
Posts: 5,305
brokenarrow is on a distinguished road
Default

Looking for a new bow is alot of fun...
The classified have alot of good deals...and Ebay can be good too...but I've found on Ebay most of the people selling archery equipment aren't archers and know very little about what they are selling and the actual condition it is in...be wary of bad pics and as-is auctions...JMO
__________________

brokenarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 08:01 PM   #6
bullspotter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,047
bullspotter is on a distinguished road
Default

Might want to make sure of your draw lenght before you get a bow off the net, alot of newer bows are not adjustable, so what you get is what you get, you need a bow that properly fits you. Ive bought 2 bows off ebay, and they were great deals. Only buy from sellers with good feeback. I was on their looking at hoyt bows a few nights ago, and a set up razor tec was bid up to like $240 bucks. I had 1 about 3 years ago, and it was a great bow, but whats great for me, may not be for your, theirs tons of good used archery equipment, but spend some time and look around. and check sellers feedback befor you buy, Good luck!!
bullspotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 08:27 PM   #7
STRO
get'n rid of target panic
 
STRO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: N. Illinois
Posts: 1,525
STRO is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
DON'T BUY NEW!

Look on the classifieds here and on Archery talk for some great deals on used bows or check out MoNoFletch, he is selling some special edition Pearsons that are great bows for around 300 or so.
I totally agree with Dredly, I would buy a used bow with everything on it. After you shoot it awhile and get your form down then I would maybe look for new bow and you will then be able to get a feel for which brand or type of bow fits you the best. I would think for the money you want to spend you should be able to get a two or three year bow with everything on it that will most likely shoot great. Just remember it doesn't matter what brand of bow you shoot, it matters how well you shoot the bow.
__________________
.

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor
STRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 06:36 AM   #8
brokenarrow
Evil Genius
 
brokenarrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Hudson Valley NY
Posts: 5,305
brokenarrow is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover & Oats View Post
I totally agree with Dredly, I would buy a used bow with everything on it. After you shoot it awhile and get your form down then I would maybe look for new bow and you will then be able to get a feel for which brand or type of bow fits you the best. I would think for the money you want to spend you should be able to get a two or three year bow with everything on it that will most likely shoot great. Just remember it doesn't matter what brand of bow you shoot, it matters how well you shoot the bow.
100% Agreed...You just need to find a bow that feel right to YOU!!...
It doesn't mater what make or model...aslong as it's in good condition and not so old you can't get tuneup parts anymore...but keep us up to date and we'll help steer ya in the right direction...
__________________

brokenarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 3DShoots.com