Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Clubhouse Lounge > Offtopic

Old 02-28-2007, 06:45 AM   #1
Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough
Default The Great Lie

Have you fellars seen the latest out of TV land. They have found Jesus bones and a purported son.
What do you think of this? HS

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Holy Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:43 AM   #2
two_shoes
YOU! Get in my belly!

two_shoes is on a distinguished road

Try as they may, some of us understand the truth.
'06 Mathews Apex 7
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
-Thomas Jefferson

Eph. 2:8-10
two_shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:59 PM   #3
Jay Are

Jay Are will become famous soon enough

I am not a religious person nor do I practice a faith.

But if they did find his bones does it matter? Does it change who he is or any of his teachings?

Just a thought…
Jay Are is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 01:16 PM   #4
Wheely
Wheely Threads

Wheely has a spectacular aura aboutWheely has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Are View Post

But if they did find his bones does it matter? Does it change who he is or any of his teachings?

Just a thought…
depends on "what they find" or at least what they say and who wants to believe it. Some people believe anything you tell them. Someone will probly make a lot of money. How could they possibly prove something like that.
Wheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:35 PM   #5
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
depends on "what they find" or at least what they say and who wants to believe it. Some people believe anything you tell them. Someone will probly make a lot of money. How could they possibly prove something like that.
its tv they can prove anything they want.....
Old 02-28-2007, 06:08 PM   #6
Dredly
Site Guru

Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly

No comment... Dredly tries not discussing religion online anymore... people get to pissed
Old 02-28-2007, 06:10 PM   #7
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
No comment... Dredly tries not discussing religion online anymore... people get to pissed
um are you gonna start replying like bernado????
Old 02-28-2007, 09:43 PM   #8
brokenarrow
Evil Genius

brokenarrow is on a distinguished road

Can you say Geraldo Rivera and Al Capone's Vault????????????

brokenarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:43 PM   #9
longcut36

longcut36 has a spectacular aura aboutlongcut36 has a spectacular aura about

I dont know about anyone else but my Saviour is alive and watching over me. also there is no monkeys or apes in my family tree.
longcut36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:03 PM   #10
Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough

The precious word of God tells us in Luke 24

[Luke 24:36-48

36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.

38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?

39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?

42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.

43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

48 And ye are witnesses of these things.
KJV

That He and flesh and bone so how could they find His bones. Therefore also refuting that he had a son. I and millions others are His sons. Yes brother he is alive and lives in our hearts by the power of the Spirit of Christ. Praise God.

Rom 8:10-17

10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
KJV
HS

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Old 03-02-2007, 08:36 AM   #11
Holy Smokes

Quote:

Just a thought…
I did enjoy that thought. Here would be a response to it in reguards to His teachings.

He teaches that He rose from the dead and went back to heaven which the needed to be DNAed bones ( He would not have 2 sets of human cromozones. God the spirit being the father) would make a travisty of life after death. Now that would mean that we could not find a life with Him in heaven for this is the main reason He came and died and was buried and rose agian for US. Not withstanding to live a life full of joy and peace by not being a slave to all the stuff that we can do to make us feel like a rat> What supreme love> HS

Old 03-02-2007, 02:31 PM   #12
Jay Are

Jay Are will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
I did enjoy that thought. Here would be a response to it in reguards to His teachings.

He teaches that He rose from the dead and went back to heaven which the needed to be DNAed bones ( He would not have 2 sets of human cromozones. God the spirit being the father) would make a travisty of life after death. Now that would mean that we could not find a life with Him in heaven for this is the main reason He came and died and was buried and rose agian for US. Not withstanding to live a life full of joy and peace by not being a slave to all the stuff that we can do to make us feel like a rat> What supreme love> HS

So lets just say “hypothetically”... That they do find his bones and this creates a paradox in the scriptures.

Does this change who you will be for the rest of your life? Does that mean that now you can let the devil come out of ya?
Jay Are is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 02:46 PM   #13
Holy Smokes

Quote:
So lets just say “hypothetically”... That they do find his bones and this creates a paradox in the scriptures.

Does this change who you will be for the rest of your life? Does that mean that now you can let the devil come out of ya?
My good Man, If you knew me before Christ(BC) you might understand this expose`.
I was a cocaine addict and had to be institutionalised 2 times and was being courted by the Hells Angels and was riding with the Ghost riders for my top shelf connection is southern Fl. I had a ol school buddy who was an Angel.

I was a nasty dude. No peace or joy and always into something illigit.

I do not do that now and would not go back even if this was to be the case. But they done come way to late to tell me this Jesus ain;'t true> I done been with Him and in His wonderful presence to long. 27 yrs now.

I could not change my great parents who tried to help me get off the cola and the doctors could not help either.
Jesus took away all the addictions and has not even let the old tempter come near me with the dope cravings. Yes He is a Deliverer . I ask Him to help me and He did and still does> HS

Old 03-03-2007, 07:00 PM   #14
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
Have you fellars seen the latest out of TV land. They have found Jesus bones and a purported son.
What do you think of this? HS
I seen it was'nt it kinda strange that a TV crew found the supposed body????

Smokes all I can say is my Lord Jesus Christ is preparing me a place to live for eternity with him.

I like you come from a not so nice life and if it were not for Jesus I would not be here today and have the wonderful friends and family I have. Say what they want but Jesus lives and I speak to him several times a day.

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:02 PM   #15
Holy Smokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
I seen it was'nt it kinda strange that a TV crew found the supposed body????

Smokes all I can say is my Lord Jesus Christ is preparing me a place to live for eternity with him.

I like you come from a not so nice life and if it were not for Jesus I would not be here today and have the wonderful friends and family I have. Say what they want but Jesus lives and I speak to him several times a day.

Never truer words spoken! HS