Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Beginners Archery Range

Old 03-21-2007, 05:47 PM   #1
Klay01

Klay01 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Klay01
Default Total Newbie Seeking Guidance

Hey guys,

This is my first post here at the forum. I want to get into bowhunting and I want to know what a good beginners setup is. I have around $500 to spend. Any extra advice would be greatly appreciated.
Klay01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:08 PM   #2
STRO
get'n rid of target panic

STRO is on a distinguished road

$500 will get you started with a bow but plan on spending a lot more down the road. If you have an archery shop nearby go there and they should help you out. If they have some used bows shoot a couple and see which one feels better to you. You should be able to get a good used bow with everything you need on it that is only a few years old for around or under $500. Good luck and welcome to the forum. Be prepared to get obsessed with archery.

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor
STRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:15 PM   #3
bullspotter

bullspotter is on a distinguished road

First off
Their is alot of great bows made by lots of companys now days. I would try to find a archery shop near you and go take a look at and shoot a few setups in your price range. Finding a bow that you like and feels good to you, is what you need. A $500 set up that fits you well and dose what you need, will work better then a more expensive setup that dosent work propely or fit you like it should. also if all your buddies shoot hoyts dont buy one just cause they say its the best, spend some time and do some research. shoot as many differnt ones you can, you might like a mathews or some other brand better. If you find a setup you really like, and want to know about spicifc things about it. post it here, theirs lots of good people here that can give reveiws on more specific items. hope this helps.
bullspotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:09 PM   #4
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

Howdy there Klay01 to the forum.

Check the proshops and shoot as many bows as possible then if you want to buy used keep an eye on the classifieds here and on AT. Just make sure you get your Draw Length measured correctly and do not try to draw too much weight. Good luck and have fun.

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:40 PM   #5
Pinwheel1969
#1 THREAD KILLER

Pinwheel1969 is on a distinguished road

I agree w/ all. Do some checking!! If you get a chance to. Shoot Martin Bengal ! $399.00 plus accessories. So you can get a whole set up for about $500.00
I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
RANGER BOW STRINGS
Pinwheel1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:34 PM   #6
brokenarrow
Evil Genius

brokenarrow is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum...
What they said...we can't stress enough...Find a bow that feel good to you and don't let anyone pressure you into specific brands...because they think they're the best...
If your comfortable you'll have more fun and shoot better...

brokenarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:13 PM   #7
Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough

Great ta have ya here> you will get plenty of excellent advice and several great laughs As well. Hang around and become a regular poster. Jion up and have a blast. HS

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Holy Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:30 AM   #8
kbohunt
are u a fat boy?

kbohunt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to kbohunt
Default bow's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klay01 View Post
Hey guys,

This is my first post here at the forum. I want to get into bowhunting and I want to know what a good beginners setup is. I have around $500 to spend. Any extra advice would be greatly appreciated.
these guy's are right try all brand's even a couple of different pro-shop's you should have as many pro-shop's down there as you have big buck's. try pse/martain/mathew's/bowtech/hoyt,etc.as many brand's and feel which one fit's best in your hand and be sure about your draw length.
if you need any more advise come back here & ask anytime the guy's here some pro shooter's,some shop owner's alot of knowledge,& year's of experence is here for new archer's.

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
Arrows..beman ICS hunter
SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
FBSA-MEMBER
Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A
kbohunt is offline   Reply With Quote