Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Tournament Forum > Tournament Discussions

Old 06-28-2004, 08:20 AM   #1
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Local Shooter Jeff Borg wins ASA Metropolis!

Congrats to Jeff Borg for winning the ASA Metropolis Open B Class.
Jeff lives in our area and is a heck of a nice guy.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 11:52 AM   #2
Jefro

Jefro is on a distinguished road

Chris-

Thanks. I had a great time in Metropolis. The weather was perfect and the group I shot with was awsome. Hope to do just as well in Nelsonville in 2 weeks. Thanks again, Jeff
Jefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 08:19 AM   #3
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

Jeff,

How was the shoot? What is the average length of shot for your class. I'm sure many would be interested in knowing this information.

I think a lot of local shooters are intimidated by national events. I know based on past discussions the midwest has some locations that put on national caliber courses.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 10:27 AM   #4
Jefro

Jefro is on a distinguished road

Chris-

Open B has a max of 45 yards. ( plus or minus 3-4 yds). On Sat. we shot the long course. It averaged around 36-38 yards, with a 39 yrd turkey and a 47 yrd antelope. The antelope was a point killer for a lot of people. The shot pattern on it was either in the 12 or low. There were a lot of 5's and misses on it. We were shooting on a slight down hill all day. The course was set very well, with the animals sitting back in some dark holes. The second day was a little shorter. It averaged 34-35 yards. Again they set the animals in some dark areas. The one thing that has helped me this year is shooting the local shoots we have. Most of the clubs in my area put on some pretty tough shoots. The MAC is a good place to get ready for the big shoots. If you can shoot 52 yrd turkeys and 47 yrd little bears, then it makes everything else seem pretty easy. The biggest thing is you have to go into a national shoot with the right mind set. It is just a local shoot with people you don't know.

The ASA puts on a great shoot. If you like to shoot, then you will love this. You can shoot all day. From the practice bags to the practice animals. You can shoot the Pro-am on Fri. and then shoot the Simms Known distace. Or try you hand at the long range shot. Then shoot your range on Sat. and Sun.

Its hard not to be intimidated, but you just have to go and have fun.

Jeff
Jefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 10:32 PM   #5
3darcher

3darcher is on a distinguished road

Congratulations Jeff. Great shooting. I'm sure I'll be seeing you around.

Jeff
3darcher is offline   Reply With Quote