Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2007, 06:05 PM   #1
Dredly
Site Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Saylorsburg PA
Posts: 4,358
Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly
Default Thanks Jay Are!

My dad and I made the trip down to Limerick Bowmen near Quakertown, good course and we had a guide! Jay Are sets it up and he was able to walk it with us and shoot it... my first 3-d of the year and I SUCKED!

I shot a 240, my dad shot a 210 (i think?) and Jay Are kicked our bits with a 280+ (can't remember the exact number). A great time was had by all and an excellent club.

We'll definately be back.

Hey Jay Are, you guys asked for some feedback and the only thing we could come up with was maybe signs directing to the next shoot as opposed to the orange ribbons, We figured we would have gotten lost a few times if you hadn't been there (then again we also would have paid more attention to where we were goin if we didn't have a guide too...)

Overall a great shoot, good course, awesome targets and a good day!
__________________
No I'm not dead
Dredly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 06:43 PM   #2
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
My dad and I made the trip down to Limerick Bowmen near Quakertown, good course and we had a guide! Jay Are sets it up and he was able to walk it with us and shoot it... my first 3-d of the year and I SUCKED!

I shot a 240, my dad shot a 210 (i think?) and Jay Are kicked our bits with a 280+ (can't remember the exact number). A great time was had by all and an excellent club.

We'll definately be back.

Hey Jay Are, you guys asked for some feedback and the only thing we could come up with was maybe signs directing to the next shoot as opposed to the orange ribbons, We figured we would have gotten lost a few times if you hadn't been there (then again we also would have paid more attention to where we were goin if we didn't have a guide too...)

Overall a great shoot, good course, awesome targets and a good day!
Glad you had fun......

breaking man law......

its his course....he is supposed to shoot it well.....
__________________
I cut things up and split them down!
BUNNYMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 07:44 PM   #3
'SIN'ERGY
Senior Member
 
'SIN'ERGY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Reading PA
Posts: 1,143
'SIN'ERGY is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
Glad you had fun......

breaking man law......

its his course....he is supposed to shoot it well.....


Jealousy will get you no where
__________________
SAVE A BUCK--SHOOT AN OUTFITTER
'SIN'ERGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 08:00 PM   #4
Dredly
Site Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Saylorsburg PA
Posts: 4,358
Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
Glad you had fun......

breaking man law......

its his course....he is supposed to shoot it well.....
yeah I forgot the camera , I'll get some pics next time
__________________
No I'm not dead
Dredly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 08:00 PM   #5
Jay Are
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 1,403
Jay Are will become famous soon enough
Default

Thanks Dredly, it was good shooting with you and your dad. It's always nice to put a face to the people you chat with.

We did have arrow-signs at one time pointing in the direction of the next target, but between years of no maintenance and the signs being stationary made it difficult on changing up the course...But you got my wheels turning now. It should be easy to make movable signs or arrows directing people in the general direction after every target should work. This looks like to be my next project for the course.


Yeap...I did have home-course advantage. And I need every help I can get!
Jay Are is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 08:04 PM   #6
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIN"ERGY;42779][COLOR="Red
Jealousy[/COLOR] will get you no where
quick remind me what am I jealous about???
__________________
I cut things up and split them down!
BUNNYMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 08:05 PM   #7
Dredly
Site Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Saylorsburg PA
Posts: 4,358
Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly
Default

The easiest way would probably just be a wooden arrow sign with a piece of PVC or something and a X for a base.

Hell you could make the whole thing out of PVC if you wanted to That way they are very mobile and can be stuck anywhere
__________________
No I'm not dead
Dredly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 08:06 PM   #8
Dredly
Site Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Saylorsburg PA
Posts: 4,358
Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
quick remind me what am I jealous about???
How amazingly cool i am?
__________________
No I'm not dead
Dredly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 08:10 PM   #9
Jay Are
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 1,403
Jay Are will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
The easiest way would probably just be a wooden arrow sign with a piece of PVC or something and a X for a base.

Hell you could make the whole thing out of PVC if you wanted to That way they are very mobile and can be stuck anywhere
I was thinking of the same thing along those lines. It should be relatively simple to do.
Jay Are is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 08:10 PM   #10
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
How amazingly cool i am?
nope thats not it.....
__________________
I cut things up and split them down!
BUNNYMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 08:12 PM   #11
Dredly
Site Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Saylorsburg PA
Posts: 4,358
Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Are View Post
I was thinking of the same thing along those lines. It should be relatively simple to do.
yup!

If that place was closer I would definately join as a member but its a little to far to drive to for a nightly shoot kind of thing.
__________________
No I'm not dead
Dredly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:22 AM   #12
'SIN'ERGY
Senior Member
 
'SIN'ERGY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Reading PA
Posts: 1,143
'SIN'ERGY is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
quick remind me what am I jealous about???

280= is a good score regardless if it is your course or not, ya still have to make the shots.(unless he already knew the yardage) don't be a hater.
__________________
SAVE A BUCK--SHOOT AN OUTFITTER
'SIN'ERGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:23 AM   #13
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......
 
BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hoosierville
Posts: 13,882
BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default

Sounds like Jay Are is doing a great job with his course. Maybe it was just postponed jet lag there Dred that would be my excuse I do not remember that one on the list so it would be original.
__________________


"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:30 AM   #14
Dredly
Site Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Saylorsburg PA
Posts: 4,358
Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
Sounds like Jay Are is doing a great job with his course. Maybe it was just postponed jet lag there Dred that would be my excuse I do not remember that one on the list so it would be original.
nah I didn't need to make up excuses... the coure was biased against lefties.
__________________
No I'm not dead
Dredly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:37 AM   #15
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......
 
BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hoosierville
Posts: 13,882
BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
nah I didn't need to make up excuses... the coure was biased against lefties.
I think that excuse has been used enough. Time for something different. Maybe it was the bow??????
__________________


"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:48 AM   #16
Dredly
Site Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Saylorsburg PA
Posts: 4,358
Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
I think that excuse has been used enough. Time for something different. Maybe it was the bow??????
Nah, my limbs are still in 1 piece...

the ground was a little wet... does that count?
__________________
No I'm not dead
Dredly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:17 AM   #17
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......
 
BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hoosierville
Posts: 13,882
BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
Nah, my limbs are still in 1 piece...

the ground was a little wet... does that count?
Oh yeah the old wet ground excuse that is a good one.
__________________


"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:58 PM   #18
Sniper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 975
Sniper is on a distinguished road
Default

Thanks for coming down, Dredly. Glad you liked the shoot and the club. If travel distance is a problem, Just relocate closer. Priorities, man! I'm sure Jay Are will find a few minor tasks to help occupy any free time, and we can always use help. Things are moving along great. We want to be a club and shoot that will always be worth a trip. I'm sure Jay Are will change some targets for the next shoot, just to keep you on your toes.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:29 PM   #19
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
I think that excuse has been used enough. Time for something different. Maybe it was the bow??????
dont we have a list of excuses here somewhere???
__________________
I cut things up and split them down!
BUNNYMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:33 PM   #20
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by "SIN"ERGY View Post
280= is a good score regardless if it is your course or not, ya still have to make the shots.(unless he already knew the yardage) don't be a hater.
I dont care if you have shot the course w/a range finderor not....on your own course....you pretty much know the distances to certain trees and bushes....

Myself I never keep score on my own course.....it just does not look right....

but thats just me.....
__________________
I cut things up and split them down!
BUNNYMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:10 PM   #21
Jay Are
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 1,403
Jay Are will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
I dont care if you have shot the course w/a range finderor not....on your own course....you pretty much know the distances to certain trees and bushes....

Myself I never keep score on my own course.....it just does not look right....

but thats just me.....
You guys are like 2 little girls (sorry for the ladies out there) that always need to get the last word ---- who gives a flying rats rear-end if I kept score - or what I scored - or if I knew the yardage and still got 5s!
It wasn't a competition, I wasn't trying to win nor do I care what anyone scored... All I cared about was flinging arrows and having good time.
Jay Are is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:14 PM   #22
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default

I wasnt trying to attack you I was just stateing my feelings in the matter.....
__________________
I cut things up and split them down!
BUNNYMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:14 PM   #23
Dredly
Site Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Saylorsburg PA
Posts: 4,358
Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
I wasnt trying to attack you I was just stateing my feelings in the matter.....
in his defense I think he shot about 1/2 his arrows laughin his butt off and the other 1/2 swatting flies...

it was funny as hell, on one target he drew up and right before release a horse fly landed on his arm, he lets down and the fly buzzes off, he draws back up and just as he said "I better shoot before that damn fly lands again" it landed and I think he pulled an 8. I swear that fly heard its name and buzzed over!

Score it, don't score it... we had a blast! (If he wouldn't have scored he would have gotten so badly ripped on it wouldn't have been funny... for him )
__________________
No I'm not dead
Dredly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:18 PM   #24
Sniper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 975
Sniper is on a distinguished road
Default

So you fell for Jay Are's old "Horsefly excuse".

Last edited by Sniper; 06-04-2007 at 10:20 PM.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:33 PM   #25
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
So you fell for Jay Are's old "Horsefly excuse".
I thought maybe there was something more to the story
__________________
I cut things up and split them down!
BUNNYMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 3DShoots.com