Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 06-06-2007, 06:55 PM   #1
rqthunter

rqthunter is on a distinguished road
Default Bowtech Guardian Hand shock issue

I just bought my Guardian... used... and only got a chance to throw on a qad ultra ld dropaway and fire about 20 arrows. I noticed a lot of hand shock compared to my Allegiance. Again, the bow was used but in good shape. It does not have the string silencers for some reason. I threw on my mini sims stabilizer and could not tell a difference. Other than the hand vibration, the bow shoots great. I have just read all of these articles about zero hand shock and noise with the Guardian. Any ideas? Do the string silencers make up the difference in the vibration?
Apex Inferno Sight
Easton Axis 340 carbon arrows,
rqthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:03 PM   #2
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rqthunter View Post
I just bought my Guardian... used... and only got a chance to throw on a qad ultra ld dropaway and fire about 20 arrows. I noticed a lot of hand shock compared to my Allegiance. Again, the bow was used but in good shape. It does not have the string silencers for some reason. I threw on my mini sims stabilizer and could not tell a difference. Other than the hand vibration, the bow shoots great. I have just read all of these articles about zero hand shock and noise with the Guardian. Any ideas? Do the string silencers make up the difference in the vibration?
Its not that I dont believe this I just wonder if something is out of spec....
if all else fails, get a STS....
Old 06-08-2007, 09:11 AM   #3
dzingale

dzingale is on a distinguished road

I have set up about 40 Guardians and I own a Commander and this is the first time anyone has anything about handshock. Even people that don't like Bowtech say there is NO handshock. You don't need the string silencers. I think that you should get the bow checked.
Danny
http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index.php?referrerid=478
FBSA Member
dzingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:57 AM   #4
Scablands

Scablands is on a distinguished road

I shot one at a dealer and thought the same thing. It had as much shock as my '06 ally and E-500, which isn't much, but no reason to buy a new $750 bow. Later I tried another Guardian at a different dealer and it was noticably quieter and next to no shock or vibration. I suspect the first one had some string settling and needed the cams timmed but I don't know for sure it may have just been the difference between two bows. And yes I think you can tell the difference between with or without the string silencers, mostly in the string twang but probably some vibration also, they were probably taken off to get more speed.

Last edited by Scablands; 06-08-2007 at 10:02 AM.
Scablands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:24 PM   #5
rqthunter

Default Different grip??

The Guardian has the two piece grip which exposes more of the metal to your hand, whereas my Allegiance has a one piece wood grip. I wonder if this contact with the actual metal part of the bow is why I am sensing more of the vibration. I'm gonna buy a one piece grip and then will post the results.
Apex Inferno Sight
Old 06-11-2007, 08:37 PM   #6
dzingale

dzingale is on a distinguished road

If you have the 1 piece grip are you sure it is this years or is it A 06. The 07 has A 2 piece grip unless you upgrade the grip.
http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index.php?referrerid=478
FBSA Member
dzingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:27 AM   #7
Ronhop
RIP

Ronhop is on a distinguished road

I have a '06 Allegiance. I shot a Guardian and there was noticeably less hand shock with the Guardian over my Allegiance.

Something is likely not adjusted correctly.

Ron
Ronhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:48 AM   #8
ciscokid

ciscokid is on a distinguished road

Bring to a bow shop. Something is wrong. This is a fine tuned machine that should not have any shock at the handle.
ciscokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:38 PM   #9
rqthunter

Default False alarm

So I finally got some new vapor trail strings and threw on some string leaches. I shot the Guardian and still felt the hand vibration. So, I got another arrow rest to put on my Allegiance since I took the original one off and put it on the new Guardian, and shot the bows side-by-side. I could not believe the difference! I never remembered feeling any vibration in the Allegiance, and then when I got the Guardian, I must have simply expected absolutely no feel. When I felt the hand vibration, I thought there must be something wrong. The Allegiance, which is a quiet, low vibe bow, felt like when you toe-it with a seven iron as compared to the Guard. Before I got the Guardian, I just grew to be comfortable with the feel. When I first shot the Guardian, my mind was all zeroed in on the vibration issue. So the lesson is--shoot side-by-side to get a real comparison. And... its impossible to get absolutely no vibration. I'm sure eventually I won't feel a thing, but it's all about perspective. By the way... the Vapor Trail strings rock!! $75 for a string and the set of cables. They look way cool and shoot awesome. Put the peep on and shot 50 times with no peep rotation. I ordered a set of Mike's strings that I read about on this forum for my Allegiance. We'll see how they match up. Mike's are only $30.
Apex Inferno Sight
Old 06-15-2007, 11:08 PM   #10
kbohunt
are u a fat boy?

kbohunt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to kbohunt
Default Ha,Rqthunder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rqthunter View Post
So I finally got some new vapor trail strings and threw on some string leaches. I shot the Guardian and still felt the hand vibration. So, I got another arrow rest to put on my Allegiance since I took the original one off and put it on the new Guardian, and shot the bows side-by-side. I could not believe the difference! I never remembered feeling any vibration in the Allegiance, and then when I got the Guardian, I must have simply expected absolutely no feel. When I felt the hand vibration, I thought there must be something wrong. The Allegiance, which is a quiet, low vibe bow, felt like when you toe-it with a seven iron as compared to the Guard. Before I got the Guardian, I just grew to be comfortable with the feel. When I first shot the Guardian, my mind was all zeroed in on the vibration issue. So the lesson is--shoot side-by-side to get a real comparison. And... its impossible to get absolutely no vibration. I'm sure eventually I won't feel a thing, but it's all about perspective. By the way... the Vapor Trail strings rock!! $75 for a string and the set of cables. They look way cool and shoot awesome. Put the peep on and shot 50 times with no peep rotation. I ordered a set of Mike's strings that I read about on this forum for my Allegiance. We'll see how they match up. Mike's are only $30.
I have been shooting different brands lately & have shot the guardian,liberty,blackice,truth & several others in the past few months.
The guardian is one of the best shooters i have had the pleasure to shoot.
I am a pse fan but im not intrested in the new line thats out this year for the exception of one the mossyoak-X its not to bad.
The guardian was hands down on the shot,but the grip was to small for me & the bow was the heaviest of the bunch which bothered me in a hunting situation.
One bow that stuck out was the parker/frontier this bow rocked,it felt good the shop set it up on 70lbs it blistered the crono at 341 ive never seen this kinda speed out of a parker!
I thought the X-force was fast the best the shop could get out was 334fps
the parker acted like it wasnt even stressed at the shot where the pse was vibrating through the grip!
This is just my reviews, hope the guardian shoots well for ya!

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
Arrows..beman ICS hunter
SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
FBSA-MEMBER
Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A
kbohunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:32 AM   #11
rqthunter

Default Guardian Grip

Cool. I think the stock Guardian grip is too small for me (I realize a lot of people prefer it). I like the old Allegiance grip and I had a Switchback and liked that group. So, I ordered a one piece contoured grip from Bowtech for $50. We'll see how that works for me. As far as the weight, I can't really tell a huge difference with the Guardian. It is perfectly balanced in my hand with full accessories, quiver and arrows. a lot of people think the Guardian is ugly due to the new riser design. I think it looks wicked! The only complaint has to do with one of the features they put into the bow. That is the face that you don't need a bow press and you simply back out the limb bolts. For adjustments, such as putting on a peep, it takes forever to go back and forth. Anyone know if there is a press you can use on the Guardian? I vaguely remember someone saying they pressed their Guardian.
Apex Inferno Sight