Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 09-10-2005, 01:45 PM   #1
skillswife

skillswife is on a distinguished road
Angry anchor point

Hi,
I just need some feedback for my anchor point, I have a kisser button which helps but if I move my lips or face at all it seems to throw me off. I haven't found a place that I can consistently anchor to on my face like ear or the string on my nose. Just wondering if anybody has any advise. Thanks,
Christine Hansen
owner/designer
www.customquivers4women.com
www.customappliancecovers.com
skillswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 12:57 PM   #2
kari_621

kari_621 is on a distinguished road

I sent ya an e-mail....
kari_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 01:09 PM   #3
skillswife

Thanks, after having my dh watch me we noticed that my stance has some issues as well so after doing some correction on that I am much better. I just have to make sure I have a straight face for my kisser button to be in the same spot. For some reason I am not comfortable with any anchor point on my, face chin or ear. Anyhow we leave in a week for some awsome whitetail hunting in Montana and to visit home so we are excited.
Christine
Old 09-20-2005, 09:26 PM   #4
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

The best way is to post a picture and then we can see if there is anything wrong with your form.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 09:29 PM   #5
skillswife

Thanks I will try to get dh to take a picture but not sure if we will have time besides getting ready for the big hunting trip we put an offer on a house. We must be insane
Old 09-21-2005, 07:18 PM   #6
Pinky

Pinky is on a distinguished road

"dh"........this is what worries me.

"deadbeat husband", "designated hitter"(baseball), "designated husband", "dedicated husband".......... who knows?

Skillswife, my wife can't use a kisser button either. We have 3 children. Her facial expressions change so rapidly a kisser button would only work if she were shooting a machine gun, grenade launcher, or a nuclear missle. hehehe

Seriously, I do not use a kisser button either. And, like you, I do not feel comfortable with anything touching my chin or cheek.

On my hunting rig, I use a peep and let the string touch the tip of my nose. I use a thumb fired 3 finger release. My release hand is thumb down when at draw. My palm faces away from my face. My index finger touches my jaw bone. It works for me.

This also gives me 3 anchor points. Sight centered in the peep. String on my nose. Index finger on my jawbone. My sight has a level on it, but, I seldom look at it.

Good luck on the hunt! Good luck on the house!
Old 09-22-2005, 09:30 PM   #7
skillswife

Hi, Well you will be happy to know I found an anchor point. I am putting my thumb behind my neck to help anchor, seems to be working like a dream. YEA! Thanks for all the advise.
Christine
Old 09-23-2005, 10:02 AM   #8
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

I hate to burst your bubble. Putting the thumb behind your neck is not a good method. I would only use this as a last resort to not finding another solid anchor. If your able to get your thumb that far back, most likely your draw length is too long.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:10 AM   #9
skillswife

Bummer, ughhh. Well back to the drawing board, guess I will have to get my draw length checked out. Thanks
Old 09-24-2005, 08:42 AM   #10
Chris
Administrator

Find someone with a digital camera. You need pictures from the side and a picture from behind your drawing elbow pointed to the target.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:50 PM   #11
Pinky

Pinky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
If your able to get your thumb that far back, most likely your draw length is too long.
I agree, Chris.

I would say that a bow that is set up a little short of your maximum draw length is better than than too long.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:06 PM   #12
bfisher

bfisher will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillswife
Hi,
I just need some feedback for my anchor point, I have a kisser button which helps but if I move my lips or face at all it seems to throw me off. I haven't found a place that I can consistently anchor to on my face like ear or the string on my nose. Just wondering if anybody has any advise. Thanks,
Christine Hansen
owner/designer
www.customquivers4women.com
www.customappliancecovers.com
Most likely you need to adjust the drawling of your bow--probably shorter. You should not have to move your head the slightest bit when drawing and anchoring. That's why bows are adjustable. You make the bow fit you. Stand, look at your target, and draw the bow to YOU.

Now this is just my experience over 31+ years, and goes against what most bowhunters do but------------- KISSER BUTTON------do you kiss your husband (or boyfriend) with the corner of your mouth? Need I explain more? OK, you draw the bow to YOU and anchor. If the bow fits you won't have to move your head and the kisser button anchors at the lips, which haven't moved because your head hasn't moved. Does this amke snese to you?
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 02:07 PM   #13
bfisher

bfisher will become famous soon enough

My spelling was a little off. Drawlength. Make sense.
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote