Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2007, 05:23 PM   #1
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default while on the trip to Maine...

the new wife took me to LL Bean.......and the Kittery Trading post.......

I was very supprized to see the nice selection at both stores....

the Kittery is a Mathews and Hoyt dealer......the technician supprizingly was very knowledgeable.... they had about 40 Xt's, 40 LD's, 40 Drenalins, 10 Ovations, 10 Mustangs, 30-40 vectrix's, 10 vulcans, and a few other models......so that explains why the wait for some bows is so long.....

overheared the "tech" at LL Bean....had to walk away....

but there fishing section was huge....

still couldnt find the fishing line i am looking for......


I did find one thing I have been looking for......the choke tube wrench for my Reminton 870......been looking for a few years for one......found one at each store....I bought it at the kittery.....7.49......then found it at LLbean for 6.49 shoulda waited.....
__________________
I cut things up and split them down!
BUNNYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 05:40 PM   #2
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......
 
BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hoosierville
Posts: 13,882
BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
the new wife took me to LL Bean.......and the Kittery Trading post.......

I was very supprized to see the nice selection at both stores....

the Kittery is a Mathews and Hoyt dealer......the technician supprizingly was very knowledgeable.... they had about 40 Xt's, 40 LD's, 40 Drenalins, 10 Ovations, 10 Mustangs, 30-40 vectrix's, 10 vulcans, and a few other models......so that explains why the wait for some bows is so long.....

overheared the "tech" at LL Bean....had to walk away...

but there fishing section was huge....

still couldnt find the fishing line i am looking for......


I did find one thing I have been looking for......the choke tube wrench for my Reminton 870......been looking for a few years for one......found one at each store....I bought it at the kittery.....7.49......then found it at LLbean for 6.49 shoulda waited.....

So did you act like a rookie and ask some questions to test the tech??? Just PM WPBowmaster and maybe he can help you find the fishing line for ya.
__________________


"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 05:43 PM   #3
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
So did you act like a rookie and ask some questions to test the tech??? Just PM WPBowmaster and maybe he can help you find the fishing line for ya.
no I talked at length about different bows w/the guy at the Kittery.....very nice guy......he knew his stuff.....he shoots a Vectrix....

I never even thought about cody for the fishing line....I am not sure they even make the stuff any more......I loved the stuff but it wasnt very popular....
__________________
I cut things up and split them down!
BUNNYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:04 PM   #4
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default

and by the way......any of you guys from near Maine or the like.......we passed the signs that said future home of Cabelas.....right on I-95.....

this may have been brought up allready but if not......
__________________
I cut things up and split them down!
BUNNYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:15 PM   #5
ny911bowhunter
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Kittery is good people
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:30 PM   #6
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default

by the way.......LL Bean......had 5 Ross Cardiacs in stock.....nice feeling bow....did not get a chance to shoot it but it does feel like a nice bow.....
__________________
I cut things up and split them down!
BUNNYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:09 AM   #7
chuck7413
Senior Member
 
chuck7413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Milltown, NJ
Posts: 222
chuck7413 is on a distinguished road
Default

KTP is an awesome store. I stop there on every trip to Maine.
chuck7413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:19 AM   #8
J.A.G.
Senior Member
 
J.A.G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,378
J.A.G. is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to J.A.G.
Default

WOW.. So neat to hear you went to my old stomppin' grounds! Kittery Trading Post and fresh Maine Lobster are the two things I miss the most!
__________________
New Breed Archery
Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg
J.A.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:53 AM   #9
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.A.G. View Post
WOW.. So neat to hear you went to my old stomppin' grounds! Kittery Trading Post and fresh Maine Lobster are the two things I miss the most!
I dont care for the seafood, but the coast was awsome and it made the unit happy, so all is good.....and plus, now I get at least 10-12 me trips, fishing, shooting....
__________________
I cut things up and split them down!
BUNNYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 06:51 AM   #10
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......
 
BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hoosierville
Posts: 13,882
BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
I dont care for the seafood, but the coast was awsome and it made the unit happy, so all is good.....and plus, now I get at least 10-12 me trips, fishing, shooting....
But you would have gotten those trips anyway. Because you have such an understanding unit.
__________________


"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:00 AM   #11
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
But you would have gotten those trips anyway. Because you have such an understanding unit.
this is true.......but now i dont have to ask as far in advance
__________________
I cut things up and split them down!
BUNNYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 02:33 PM   #12
bill10418
Why be Normal
 
bill10418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: El Paso, Texas
Posts: 161
bill10418 is on a distinguished road
Default

Bowman,
If you like fishing so much, then I suggest that you take a trip up the Allagash Wilderness Waterway. The entire rip will last about 10 to 12 days. The Thing is that you have to start at the Telos Landing and go all the way up to the town of Allagash. By the way, that will be a canoe (paddle) trip. This includes having to portage around the Allagash Falls, and running the Chase Carry Rapids. I think that you might enjoy that trip. That is close to my old stomping grounds.

Bill
AN OLD MAINIAC
__________________
Mathews SwitchBack XT
29"
60# Draw
Extreme RT900 w/additional pin
Trophy Taker Rest

http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index.php?referrerid=2124
bill10418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 3DShoots.com