Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 07-11-2005, 12:28 PM   #1
hunterboy2004

hunterboy2004 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to hunterboy2004
Default how to get a sponser

im 15 and love archery i am one of the best at my club and getting better but i cant aford a new target bow i am using my dads old one and was wondering how to get a sponser to get a discount thanks

chris
hunterboy2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 02:46 PM   #2
BERT

BERT is on a distinguished road
Default Ask

Go to Bow shops in your area and ask for sponsorship. Possibly a new BOW and entry fees. it never hurts to ask the worst that they can say in NO.
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 08:28 PM   #3
Pinky

Pinky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterboy2004
im 15 and love archery i am one of the best at my club and getting better but i cant aford a new target bow i am using my dads old one and was wondering how to get a sponser to get a discount thanks

chris
Have you considered a part time job? You earn money by working at a job. Money that can be saved, and, spent on many things.

Go out and "Get you some" by earning it. You'll appreciate your stuff more if you have to work for it, I assure you.

Maybe your Dad could sponsor you. That's what us Dad's do. Dad's are generally less demanding than corporate sponsors.

Why are your club members not helping you out?
Old 09-06-2005, 09:25 PM   #4
CraigBurks

CraigBurks is on a distinguished road
Default Character

Visit the local shops, make sure they know your face and name. Shoot leagues in the shop and shoot as many local tournaments as possible. Always show character, don't trash talk, ask questions of the older and better shooters, learn all you can then do your best to help other archers better themselves also. Shops and companies will come to you and offer you opportunities as you work your way up.

Remember that being "sponsered" also carries responsibilities. It isn't just a discounted bow, you must represent and promote the product and the sport of archery. For starters, there are many used target bows online that one can buy at a lower price. Good luck and shoot straight.
CraigBurks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 09:24 PM   #5
tyshe17

tyshe17 is on a distinguished road

I agree with thoes that have mentioned the job. I have been working at BPS for almost 3 years. I get a discount, but most importantly I get to meet people make connections, try out products (they are big on product knowledge and it is hard to talk about something you havent used) and meet people that may know more than me. Plus you get paid which supports your tournament efforts.
tyshe17 is offline   Reply With Quote