Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 07:40 PM   #81
Doc Holliday
Slippy for President!

Doc Holliday is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think it is sad that martin has to resort to this type of advertising and I think it is pathetic that they have to give bows away to get people to shoot them and talk about them all the time on at.
Yep. Spam is spam no matter who's name is on it.

I also have to wonder if their bows are so good, why do they have to do that on their OWN site?

http://www.thefiringline.com/HCI/molon_labe.htm
Old 07-03-2007, 08:09 PM   #82
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

jcmorgan31 will become famous soon enoughjcmorgan31 will become famous soon enough

Do you guys have specifics and evidence or are you just spouting off about what you think you know about. Sounds like a bunch of conspiracy theory BS to me. Probably the same attitudes that the mods didn't like there either.

What bow company doesn't give their staff bows to shoot with the purpose of talking them up? Give me a break.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:30 PM   #83
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmorgan31 View Post
Do you guys have specifics and evidence or are you just spouting off about what you think you know about. Sounds like a bunch of conspiracy theory BS to me. Probably the same attitudes that the mods didn't like there either.

What bow company doesn't give their staff bows to shoot with the purpose of talking them up? Give me a break.
seems as though the MARTIN COOL AID has done its job.....
Old 07-03-2007, 08:30 PM   #84
Sniper

Sniper is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I don't think that a sponsored shooter has much in common with what we saw going on at AT last night. That was a conspiracy. The Moderators were up to thier eyeballs in it. When she seemed genuine, that was one thing, but when the pictures popped up with Martin Logos, that pissed me off. They are sponsoring a Peep Show, nothing more, and the Moderators were working the crowd at the Carnival.
Anybody who saw it for what it was and reacted, or stated thier view of that fact was bounced and deleted. They cleaned off a hell of a lot of posts from the thread, to hide that uproar.

Last edited by Sniper; 07-03-2007 at 08:34 PM.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:32 PM   #85
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I don't think that a sponsored shooter has much in common with what we saw going on at AT last night. That was a conspiracy. The Moderators were up to thier eyeballs in it. When she seemed genuine, that was one thing, but when the pictures popped up with Martin Logos, that pissed me off. They are sponsoring a Peep Show, nothing more, and the Moderators were working the crowd at the Carnival.
as much as it kills me to agree w/Sniper....

I have to on this one.....
Old 07-03-2007, 08:35 PM   #86
Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
as much as it kills me to agree w/Sniper....

I have to on this one.....
You chose...... Wisely!
Old 07-03-2007, 09:14 PM   #87
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

jcmorgan31 will become famous soon enoughjcmorgan31 will become famous soon enough

The funniest part is all of you act like you were tricked into looking at the pictures. Every one of you knew exactly what was coming and you were there to see a girl in her skivies. Try to justify it however you want, but you were there because you wanted to be. Regardless of what logo was on the picture, a lot of people acted like total idiots and school children. That is why the thread got out of hand.

Say what you want Bowman, but this thread has showed me alot about a lot of people that posted on it that I didn't know.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:19 PM   #88
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
The funniest part is all of you act like you were tricked into looking at the pictures. Every one of you knew exactly what was coming and you were there to see a girl in her skivies. Try to justify it however you want, but you were there because you wanted to be. Regardless of what logo was on the picture, a lot of people acted like total idiots and school children. That is why the thread got out of hand.

Say what you want Bowman, but this thread has showed me alot about a lot of people that posted on it that I didn't know.
and what would that be??
Old 07-03-2007, 09:27 PM   #89
Sniper

Guess I'm not PC enough for AT. And if I want to just see a girl in her skivies, I know where to go. That was a stunt. Nothing more.
And you have to be smart enough to get the jokes. Complaining about humor just shows....... Well, Some people don't get it.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:37 PM   #90
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
and what would that be??
Our PM conversation should have clued you in.

I don't like accusations that aren't founded by proof. That is gossip and a lot of good people are being generalized and associated with a couple of people that went too far. There are a couple mods on the Mathews forums that are real idoits. Do I think Mathews as a company is crap because of it? Nope. I just think those particular moderators are idiots. If you think poorly of Martin in general because of a couple moderators and a thread on AT, then you are just a brainwashed fanboy looking for a lame excuse to put down a great company.

Keep the blame and insults directed at those specific people if you have a problem with them. I had nothing to do with the thread and neither did a thousand other Martin owners. I can already see the new "members" having their same affect on this forum.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:40 PM   #91
Sniper

I will never speak of...... That girl is poison.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:41 PM   #92
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

Quote:
Guess I'm not PC enough for AT. And if I want to just see a girl in her skivies, I know where to go. That was a stunt. Nothing more.
And you have to be smart enough to get the jokes. Complaining about humor just shows....... Well, Some people don't get it.
You wanna know what I saw? I saw a guy post pics of his girlfriend shootin form. Then I saw a bunch of teenagers leghump and drool all over the thread begging for more. Then I saw a mod agree to give the kids what they wanted. The girl had a Martin bow in her hand so they put a M4L logo on it. That is all, nothing else. If that offended you, then you are probably better off not on AT. All the Martin haters and those that can't stand the fact that they have to follow anybody's rules on that forum seem to be the ones most irritated and the ones going on and on about it.....

And how did you go about making the situation better? By posting the same pictures here and then commencing to fling personal insults at this girl. I'm amazed Chris let it keep going. How is this any different than showing it on AT?
Old 07-03-2007, 09:48 PM   #93
Sniper

Yes. All so innocent and spontaneous. Just a proud fella showing his special someone, and kind, supportive moderators doing him a favor. Thank you for clearing that up. I feel so very ashamed. Thanks for that much needed attitude adjustment. I'll do push ups til I puke as penance, and pray for forgiveness.
Lighten up. Get over it. She nothing to us and I don't ever want to waste any more time on .... Martins.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:51 PM   #94
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

Quote:
Yes. All so innocent and spontaneous. Just a proud fella showing his special someone, and kind, supportive moderators doing him a favor. Thank you for clearing that up. I feel so very ashamed. Thanks for that much needed attitude adjustment. I'll do push ups til I puke as penance, and pray for forgiveness.
Lighten up. Get over it. She nothing to us and I don't ever want to waste any more time on .... Martins.
It is as completely rational an explanation as your conspiracy babble, is it not??
Old 07-03-2007, 09:54 PM   #95
Sniper

Dude, We do not speak of.......Get with the program, soldier. We are all on the same team.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:10 PM   #96
Doc Holliday
Slippy for President!

Y'all did see where she was going to get a free bow for posting those pics but she said to give the bow to her boyfriend instead?

I got nothing against them.

Just some of the ones in charge. And yes. There are some there who are PTP.

Believe what you want.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:26 PM   #97
Scottyluck

Scottyluck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Our PM conversation should have clued you in.

I don't like accusations that aren't founded by proof. That is gossip and a lot of good people are being generalized and associated with a couple of people that went too far. There are a couple mods on the Mathews forums that are real idoits. Do I think Mathews as a company is crap because of it? Nope. I just think those particular moderators are idiots. If you think poorly of Martin in general because of a couple moderators and a thread on AT, then you are just a brainwashed fanboy looking for a lame excuse to put down a great company.

Keep the blame and insults directed at those specific people if you have a problem with them. I had nothing to do with the thread and neither did a thousand other Martin owners. I can already see the new "members" having their same affect on this forum.
I was staying out of this because of what it has become but you sit here and talk about grouping people into one generalization and then start your own name calling about people on another forum. I know all of the mods and the admin on the Mathews forum personally. Idiots? Hardly. They are some of the most genuine people you will ever meet and would bend over backwards to help ANYONE!
One of them must've "wronged" you in some way so now they are idiots. Some much for being the bigger man.
Step off your pedestal now.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:26 PM   #98
dano1977

dano1977 is on a distinguished road

I'm gonna post pics of my shooting form while wearing my unndies, wonder how that will go? It's the same thing I think.
Gods Country Outdoors
Ranger custom bowstrings
Old 07-03-2007, 10:39 PM   #99
Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano-c4 View Post
I'm gonna post pics of my shooting form while wearing my unndies, wonder how that will go? It's the same thing I think.
Dano, sounds like a great idea. We should all participate! I know just the site! Archery Talk! I'll start working on my tan right away! Maybe we can all get new bows!
Old 07-03-2007, 10:41 PM   #100
Doc Holliday
Slippy for President!

Quote:
Dano, sounds like a great idea. We should all participate! I know just the site! Archery Talk! I'll start working on my tan right away! Maybe we can all get new bows!
And speedos.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:47 PM   #101
Sniper

Spagetti Thongs. Some might need Manzierres. I'll go topless. I ain't shy. We need to start rounding up sponsors. immediately! How bout it Chris?
Thank God some people have a sense of humor!

Last edited by Sniper; 07-03-2007 at 10:49 PM.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:49 PM   #102
Doc Holliday
Slippy for President!

Actually I prefer "bro" lol

Old 07-03-2007, 10:51 PM   #103
Sniper

How bout some of those coconut shell things? A tropical vibe.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:52 PM   #104
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Spagetti Thongs. Some might need Manzierres. I'll go topless. I ain't shy. We need to start rounding up sponsors. immediately! How bout it Chris?
Thank God some people have a sense of humor!

Oh gawd.. somebody get me a bucket quick.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:58 PM   #105
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And how did you go about making the situation better? By posting the same pictures here and then commencing to fling personal insults at this girl. I'm amazed Chris let it keep going. How is this any different than showing it on AT?
I saw no reason to stop this thread and still don't. Do I think some of the posts by some were a little harsh, Yes I do. She's a good looking girl and very brave to let pics of herself be posted. However, if you post your pic or have someone post it for you, you better have thick skin. There's always someone that will not like it or are jealous of your looks and will always have something negative to say.

The one flaw to internet communications is people type/say things that they would never say in person. If your momma would slap you for speaking that way to someone, you shouldn't be typing it.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:10 PM   #106
Sniper

Chris
Your patience, tolerance, and understanding is examplary! After what Bowman just found, I think this thing has about run its' course. Theres only one thing left to do.
Burn the Witch! She's casting a evil, sexual spell upon us all! Burn Her!
Old 07-04-2007, 12:27 AM   #107
chelleo

chelleo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Pink may be under contract with Martin/AT.

Bowman, sometimes I wonder about you.
Sometimes???
Old 07-04-2007, 06:10 AM   #108
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Bear Archery did this stuff years ago (Many years ago)

Cant remember the saying. But it showed a naked girl with her bow. Said something like nothing shoots like a Bear.

It works and guys look and advertisers know it and Martin Archery knows it.

I dont care for it. Actually wouldnt do a thing to make me purchase a bow.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:50 AM   #109
Daniel Boone

Default Same ole thing

Here the oringinal old Bear add many years ago. Edited by me. Oringinal picture showed all.

Garantee it worked and guys filled out the question on form and sent it in.

This caused quite the stirr in archery community back then
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beararcheryad11.JPG (50.0 KB, 291 views)
Old 07-04-2007, 06:59 AM   #110
Daniel Boone

Default Now here a class shot of women archers

Pink Camo

This would work fine for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pink.jpg (84.2 KB, 289 views)
Old 07-04-2007, 06:59 AM   #111
'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY is on a distinguished road

JC MORGAN change your avatar to

MARTIN FANBOY!!!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2007, 07:00 AM   #112
Daniel Boone

Default Of course you could always use this one

Good picture. Love that smile
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pink Camo.jpg (96.5 KB, 286 views)
Old 07-04-2007, 07:01 AM   #113
Daniel Boone

Default Could use both

Beauty and The beast
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pink Camo and me.jpg (77.8 KB, 289 views)
Old 07-04-2007, 07:04 AM   #114
Dredly
Site Guru

Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly

Hey guys lets take a time out here and just relax. No need to get pissy arguing about another forum... if you want to complain about AT go do it on there.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:08 AM   #115
Daniel Boone

Default Wouldnt be allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
Hey guys lets take a time out here and just relax. No need to get pissy arguing about another forum... if you want to complain about AT go do it on there.

I think Chris has this place handled. I happen to like people being able to voice there opionions. Archerytalk use to be more vocal and opionions were allowed more. Im not for censorship of threads.
DB
Old 07-04-2007, 07:10 AM   #116
Daniel Boone

Default Thumbs Up Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I saw no reason to stop this thread and still don't. Do I think some of the posts by some were a little harsh, Yes I do. She's a good looking girl and very brave to let pics of herself be posted. However, if you post your pic or have someone post it for you, you better have thick skin. There's always someone that will not like it or are jealous of your looks and will always have something negative to say.

The one flaw to internet communications is people type/say things that they would never say in person. If your momma would slap you for speaking that way to someone, you shouldn't be typing it.

I like the fact everyone not going to agree. Sometimes members need to say there peace but no name slinging.
DB
Old 07-04-2007, 07:10 AM   #117
'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
I think Chris has this place handled. I happen to like people being able to voice there opionions. Archerytalk use to be more vocal and opionions were allowed more. Im not for censorship of threads.
DB
Old 07-04-2007, 08:01 AM   #118
ciscokid

ciscokid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
Y'all did see where she was going to get a free bow for posting those pics but she said to give the bow to her boyfriend instead?

I got nothing against them.

Just some of the ones in charge. And yes. There are some there who are PTP.

Believe what you want.

I missed that one. I guess the mods yanked that post as well. I would be curious to know if the current Martin girl is offended by the incident. I am sure there is a clause that reads "We reserve the right to seek out any other.... during the contract"

They seem to be very political and sometimes very biased towards certain realm of people. I guess those are the PTP people. That is the first time i heard of PTP. I would like to know the reasoning for that!

I saw the first picture and I thought it was interesting & funny. The two things i thought of first was, they must have a great relationship to be ok with him sending pics to 3,4 or 5 different mods at once to later be posted on a public forum. The second thing was that she would never produces results like "Pink" for any of her sponsors. I think the caliber of the picture ruined what chance she had.

I was reading the intial thread when he was asking them different questions on the thread about the pictures he wanted to send. I believe was sincere about the "how is her form" thing but looking at the whole picture i have to wonder.

New Idea! :bolt:

I can come up with something better than that and maybe i will get a free bow too. I could use the money!
Old 07-04-2007, 08:24 AM   #119
Pinwheel1969
#1 THREAD KILLER

Pinwheel1969 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
Yep. Spam is spam no matter who's name is on it.

I also have to wonder if their bows are so good, why do they have to do that on their OWN site?

Actually, some dont agree w/ Martins promotions! But you cant argue that they make some of the best bows out there... Whether you like there girls pitch or not!!! All companies go out on a limb alittle .. Take a look at bowtech... They used Tim Sylvia for promotional reasons at his ufc fight.. and had a hunt give away. to hunt w/ tim. and what pse did w/ the heads up comparison on the x force.. every company does it. just some more extreme than others. if ya dont like it. dont look at it..
I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
RANGER BOW STRINGS
Old 07-04-2007, 08:41 AM   #120
Doc Holliday
Slippy for President!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwheel1969 View Post
Actually, some dont agree w/ Martins promotions! But you cant argue that they make some of the best bows out there... Whether you like there girls pitch or not!!! All companies go out on a limb alittle .. Take a look at bowtech... They used Tim Sylvia for promotional reasons at his ufc fight.. and had a hunt give away. to hunt w/ tim. and what pse did w/ the heads up comparison on the x force.. every company does it. just some more extreme than others. if ya dont like it. dont look at it..
I was talking about the PTP people in post that you quoted.

Closed Thread