Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Beginners Archery Range

Old 11-03-2005, 07:52 PM   #1
MELSDAD

MELSDAD is on a distinguished road
Default A Good Bow Shop

Hello,

I Am Not Totally New To Archery, But So Much Has Changed Since I Bought My First Compound. I Am Looking To Buy A New Bow Soon And
I Have Been Searching This Site And Have Found It Very Helpful For Alot Of My Questions. Yet I Still Have Alot Of Questions. I Guess My First Being? I Live In Southwest Pa Near Elizabeth. I Would Like To Know Of A Good Pro Shop That Will Help Me With Chosing The Right Equiptment. I Am Interested In Bowtech, Mathews, Hoyt, Etc. I Would Considered Other Models If they Felt Right. Do Most Shops Have Bows Set Up That You can Shoot? If Not How Would You Make A Good Decision?

Thank You In Advance For Any Help Or Opinions

Last edited by MELSDAD; 11-03-2005 at 09:31 PM.
MELSDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 08:49 PM   #2
bfisher

bfisher will become famous soon enough

I'll start by saying that nay GOOD shop would establish what drawlength ans weight you should be drawing, then set up a bow for you to try. At least you could get the feel of the different makes and models. Take your time and shoot as many as you desire. This is partly the sign of a good shop. Do yourself a favor before looking them up. Measure your wingspan (fingertip to fingertip) and divide by 2.5. This will give you a pretty close approximation of the right drawlength for you. See how close the shops measure you to this.

The best way to find said shops is to visit the websites of the bow manufacturers you are interested in. Most have a "dealer locator" tab you can click on to find one near you.

Remember this. If a shop does not want to answer your questions or otherwise SPEND the time to get you right then SPEND your money somewhere else.
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 09:32 PM   #3
MELSDAD

MELSDAD is on a distinguished road

thanks for the advice i was wondering how to determine draw length.
MELSDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 07:44 PM   #4
Razrtec Kid

Razrtec Kid is on a distinguished road

Lancaster Archery Supply is a good place to go. They have great staff that will help you on your every need. Im not quite sure how far away it is from Elizabeth. You might want to give it a try.

Jake
Razrtec Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 08:37 AM   #5
Jesse Rcher

Jesse Rcher is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Jesse Rcher
Post Regarding Lancaster Archery Supply ...

I agree with Razrtec Kid that Lancaster Archery Supply is great. I've purchased almost everything from them since my local Texas shop was overpriced on many things. I used the Lancaster Archery Supply website which has a personalized login where you can keep your shopping basket and even order online. I've done both. They will even check stock for you while you wait on the phone for that special item you are looking for. If you call them they will send you their full color catalog too.

Did you know that they've donated archery gear to our war troops to help them set up archery ranges?

If you are close to them you may want to watch their tournament on January 20-22.

Good shooting!
Jesse Rcher is offline   Reply With Quote