Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 07-19-2007, 08:04 PM   #1
Hook Em
Slippy for President

Hook Em is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Postal Service Sucks

So Ronhop is a swell fella and has an extra 1/8" aperture for a super ball peep that he hasn't used for a year and sends it to me. My aperture is way too small I have decided.....I get his envelope today and it is torn to shreds by the post office. The side appears to be opened with a pocket knife if you ask me and half the front is ripped wide open. I hate the post office
Old 07-19-2007, 08:07 PM   #2
poorman
And thats no lie !

poorman has a spectacular aura aboutpoorman has a spectacular aura about

That sucks. I have actually had really good luck with the USPS lately so I am not going to say anything to jinx it
Old 07-19-2007, 08:07 PM   #3
Dredly
Site Guru

Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook Em View Post
So Ronhop is a swell fella and has an extra 1/8" aperture for a super ball peep that he hasn't used for a year and sends it to me. My aperture is way too small I have decided.....I get his envelope today and it is torn to shreds by the post office. The side appears to be opened with a pocket knife if you ask me and half the front is ripped wide open. I hate the post office
But were they kind enough to enclose the destroyed envelope in a ziploc w/ an apology note? We've gotten several netflix envelopes that were ripped open w/ no DVD inside and they just put it in a ziploc and a not that says "sorry for this but there is nothing you can do to recover your property."
Old 07-19-2007, 08:10 PM   #4
Hook Em
Slippy for President

Hook Em is on a distinguished road

nope...just delivered it as/is. Seriously....why even deliver an empty, ripped up envelope? Just to taunt me?
Old 07-19-2007, 08:19 PM   #5
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

We ship very little by USPS because it is a HUGE hassle anytime something goes wrong.

UPS is expensive but it normally (knock on wood) gets there in one piece.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:32 PM   #6
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

Sorry to hear of your misfortune Hook'em. Maybe I should think about changing. Everything I ship goes USPS and so far no problems.

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:04 PM   #7
MeanV2

MeanV2 is on a distinguished road

I ship thousands of items a year by USPS and the cost saving to the customer is huge. They are not always consistent on delivery times. Sometimes amazingly fast and sometimes very slow, but I have very few things not make it in Good condition. I can only think of 1 offhand. I do offer othe shipping options, but the cost is much higher

Dan
www.meanvarchery.com
MeanV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:14 PM   #8
QSA
One eyed/Gutless wonder

QSA is on a distinguished road

I almost had the same troubles. But the lens was barley in it. I found out what happened. Never send small items in a plain envelope. When it goes through the machines, the roller catch the item and tare the envelope all to crap. Always use a padded envelope and they sort them different
message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol
QSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:34 PM   #9
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

any deals that I have ever done here or on AT.....If I am sending a M.O., I box it up in a chainsaw chain box and ship it UPS that way.....

Only one time I did not do this, and now I am in the process of a filling a postal investagation, because the person says they never got it....they are sending me the item, but I still would like to know where that money order went
Old 07-19-2007, 09:36 PM   #10
MeanV2

MeanV2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by QSA View Post
Never send small items in a plain envelope. When it goes through the machines, the roller catch the item and tare the envelope all to crap. Always use a padded envelope and they sort them different
That's exactly what I always do

Dan
www.meanvarchery.com
MeanV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:55 PM   #11
SinGin
Banned

SinGin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I have one I can send you if you want to try it again
SinGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:42 AM   #12
Ronhop
RIP

Ronhop is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Man, I tried to pack that thing pretty well. I guess I'm not surprised. I should have just went down the street to the postoffice and bought one of those little bubble-wrap envelopes.
Sorry about that, I was hoping I could get that to someone who could use it. Now it's in the hands of somebody that don't have a clue what it is.

Ron
Ronhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:09 AM   #13
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

jcmorgan31 will become famous soon enoughjcmorgan31 will become famous soon enough

I just had my very first problem with USPS. I sent a dozen wraps to England and after 3 1/2 weeks they never arrived. Now I'm reprinting them to send them again.....
Old 07-21-2007, 01:10 AM   #14
bullspotter

bullspotter is on a distinguished road

LMAO you guys are to much!!! If any of you think that ANY carrier has never lost, broke, tore, damaged or had a worker steal a package, envelope or some other item that someone has sent to someone else, you are living in a fantasy world..... im sure their are 100s of these that happen every day, with all the big dogs on the block, Maybee you should open a world wide shipping company of your own and try not to, dammage, rip, or loose a single item out of millions that are shipped each year.... I would be willing to lay a a fair amount of money on a bet saying you couldnt do it...... But pls do keep bashing other people for not being able to do it................
bullspotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 06:21 AM   #15
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullspotter View Post
LMAO you guys are to much!!! If any of you think that ANY carrier has never lost, broke, tore, damaged or had a worker steal a package, envelope or some other item that someone has sent to someone else, you are living in a fantasy world..... im sure their are 100s of these that happen every day, with all the big dogs on the block, Maybee you should open a world wide shipping company of your own and try not to, dammage, rip, or loose a single item out of millions that are shipped each year.... I would be willing to lay a a fair amount of money on a bet saying you couldnt do it...... But pls do keep bashing other people for not being able to do it................
WOW..........I never bashed anyone in my post buddy.

So I take it you are a postal worker???

Fill out your additional info in you profile.

"HONDA"
Old 07-21-2007, 06:35 AM   #16
Radar
Story of my life

Radar will become famous soon enough

Quote:
WOW, Round here we call this letting off steam, not bashing. People are just letting him know its happened to them too. Besides dont want anyone going postal

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 06:54 AM   #17
ib4hoyt
Riff Raff

ib4hoyt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
ib4hoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 07:03 AM   #18
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

jcmorgan31 will become famous soon enoughjcmorgan31 will become famous soon enough

I just said I'd had my first problem. I didn't say I'd had my last......
Old 07-21-2007, 07:08 AM   #19
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ib4hoyt View Post
Hey RIFF RAFF wake up boy. What happened..........late night????

"HONDA"
Old 07-21-2007, 09:00 AM   #20
Doc Holliday
Slippy for President!

Doc Holliday is on a distinguished road

The post office has been berry berry good to me.

I've always had good luck with the postal service.

http://www.thefiringline.com/HCI/molon_labe.htm
Doc Holliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 05:42 PM   #21
bullspotter

bullspotter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
WOW..........I never bashed anyone in my post buddy.

So I take it you are a postal worker???

Fill out your additional info in you profile.
No accually i dont work for any of the carriers. Ill fill out additional info in my profile when I want to, so dont worry about it.....
bullspotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 08:23 PM   #22
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

Quote:
No accually i dont work for any of the carriers. Ill fill out additional info in my profile when I want to, so dont worry about it.....
Don't worry I was'nt too worried about it. Just tryin to be neighborly.

"HONDA"