Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 07-23-2007, 05:04 PM   #1
mdewitt71

mdewitt71 is on a distinguished road
Default boy, meanV2 someone must really not like you.....

I saw two different threads today asking about you and where you were these days.....they were quicky deleted from the A/T board

Fact when I clicked on one to reply, I got a quick message that I was not authorized before it was wiped away........
Strother Archery- SR-71 28.5"/65lbs. & 370gr. = 303 FPS
mdewitt71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:14 PM   #2
SilentSniper

SilentSniper is on a distinguished road

Yeah I had someone ask where he was the other day. I posted that he was on 3dshoots.com. Deleted in about 5 mins.
FOB Fletchings
SilentSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:39 PM   #3
MeanV2

MeanV2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSniper View Post
Yeah I had someone ask where he was the other day. I posted that he was on 3dshoots.com. Deleted in about 5 mins.
That's a long time for anything about me to Last on there. You don't see me bashing AT over here, that's not my style. Plenty know what really happened. It was posted on AT after my Ban that I was not permanently banned and was given conditions to return. I won't say that is a lie, but I was never contacted by anyone with any kind of conditions for a return.

The support and Help I have got from tons of people has been greatly appreciated by me.

Dan
www.meanvarchery.com
MeanV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:44 PM   #4
Cameron

Cameron is on a distinguished road

That is funny. AT banning threads with one of there sponsors names, 3dshoots.com?

I know for a fact they are wiping out threads and banning people that sell products unless they have a sponsorship. Just spoke to one of the more recent bannees.

I did let him know his string and cable business would be welcome over here.
Add some custom bling with a www.slingbraid.com
Cameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 06:53 PM   #5
Big Country

Big Country is on a distinguished road

I would like to address a couple of comments here........

First and foremost, I have spoken with meanv2 (Dan) on more than one occasion via telephone, and although I have yet to meet Dan in person, I would have to consider him a friend. Mistakes were made on both sides in the past. Dan and I have discussed this, and I think we are in agreement on that subject.

Now, mdewitt71, the reason that you could not reply was that particular thread started by Mrwintr was moved to a private area within 60 seconds of it hitting the board. By the time you started your reply, it was gone.

meanv2, I read the post where you were offered terms to return. As we discussed, that post was made by someone who is not employeed by Martin Archery, nor was the poster a moderator or administrator. In other words, it was made by someone who would not be privy to anything like that if it were to happen. And BTW, it is duly noted that you do NOT bash AT, or any other place.

Cameron, the threads being deleted are not being deleted due to anything or anybody other than the subject of the thread. Just because someone happens to put 3dshoots.com in the body of a post has no relevance in the posts deletion.
Also, as to the deletion of threads where non-sponsors are selling items....the rules are clear that the Manufacturers Announcement Forum is just what the title states....for announcements, not peddling your goods.

So, regardless of the false imformation you have been given, nobody has been banned for selling items over there. Some folks were told that selling items in the manufacturing section was a no-no, and just like the policy states, only paying sponsors may repeatedly pimp their business.

Almost EVERY person contacted in regards to these rules understands, appreciates the fact that they have already been given a lot of leeway, and clamly makes a decision as to whether they want to cease and desist, or purchase a sponsorship.

There are a select few that once contacted act juvenile, and threaten legal action....which is beyond laughable.

For the record, I joined this site for personal reasons. I belong to multiple archery related websites, and I have friends on all of them. The only reason I am addressing this thread is that it is my hope that the truth will make people see there is no reason for any of us to waste time bickering back and forth when we could be spending that time talkng about target archery and bowhunting.

Oh, one last thing......I have not addressed this one in the past, but since I am probably gonna get bombed now anyhow , I am perplexed about some allegations of being locked out of AT by people here that have NEVER been locked out....even for a minute?

Now, who wants to discuss archery?
Big Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:29 PM   #6
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

jcmorgan31 will become famous soon enoughjcmorgan31 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
That is funny. AT banning threads with one of there sponsors names, 3dshoots.com?

I know for a fact they are wiping out threads and banning people that sell products unless they have a sponsorship. Just spoke to one of the more recent bannees.

I did let him know his string and cable business would be welcome over here.
I know for a fact that they don't. How do I know? Cause I have a business there and I'm not banned......... I just have to keep it in the classifieds....
Old 07-23-2007, 08:32 PM   #7
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
I would like to address a couple of comments here........

First and foremost, I have spoken with meanv2 (Dan) on more than one occasion via telephone, and although I have yet to meet Dan in person, I would have to consider him a friend. Mistakes were made on both sides in the past. Dan and I have discussed this, and I think we are in agreement on that subject.

Now, mdewitt71, the reason that you could not reply was that particular thread started by Mrwintr was moved to a private area within 60 seconds of it hitting the board. By the time you started your reply, it was gone.

meanv2, I read the post where you were offered terms to return. As we discussed, that post was made by someone who is not employeed by Martin Archery, nor was the poster a moderator or administrator. In other words, it was made by someone who would not be privy to anything like that if it were to happen. And BTW, it is duly noted that you do NOT bash AT, or any other place.

Cameron, the threads being deleted are not being deleted due to anything or anybody other than the subject of the thread. Just because someone happens to put 3dshoots.com in the body of a post has no relevance in the posts deletion.
Also, as to the deletion of threads where non-sponsors are selling items....the rules are clear that the Manufacturers Announcement Forum is just what the title states....for announcements, not peddling your goods.

So, regardless of the false imformation you have been given, nobody has been banned for selling items over there. Some folks were told that selling items in the manufacturing section was a no-no, and just like the policy states, only paying sponsors may repeatedly pimp their business.

Almost EVERY person contacted in regards to these rules understands, appreciates the fact that they have already been given a lot of leeway, and clamly makes a decision as to whether they want to cease and desist, or purchase a sponsorship.

There are a select few that once contacted act juvenile, and threaten legal action....which is beyond laughable.

For the record, I joined this site for personal reasons. I belong to multiple archery related websites, and I have friends on all of them. The only reason I am addressing this thread is that it is my hope that the truth will make people see there is no reason for any of us to waste time bickering back and forth when we could be spending that time talkng about target archery and bowhunting.

Oh, one last thing......I have not addressed this one in the past, but since I am probably gonna get bombed now anyhow , I am perplexed about some allegations of being locked out of AT by people here that have NEVER been locked out....even for a minute?

Now, who wants to discuss archery?
hey big country i am sending you a PM......about this....
Old 07-23-2007, 08:42 PM   #8
Sniper

Sniper is on a distinguished road

Well, "Enforcement" seems to be in full effect over there. I was looking at some threads and posts and some people seem scared. Thier friends get banned, and there are definitely conflicting stories.
They can always come here and express thier concerns. It seems they get a faster response on this site to thier complaints and concerns about AT than they do on AT itself!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:52 PM   #9
Big Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Well, "Enforcement" seems to be in full effect over there. I was looking at some threads and posts and some people seem scared. Thier friends get banned, and there are definitely conflicting stories.
They can always come here and express thier concerns. It seems they get a faster response on this site to thier complaints and concerns about AT than they do on AT itself!
I cannot imagine which mods over there would not check into any situation in a hurry. I know that I do when asked, and several other mods on AT usually end up helping me due to their superior knowledge of the software. I have never been told by anyone that they would not immediately help with a question or situation.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:56 PM   #10
Sniper

Well, B.C., seems like that was a very fast response to my observation.
You just confirmed what I suspected.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:00 PM   #11
Big Country

Quote:
Well, B.C., seems like that was a very fast response to my observation.
You just confirmed what I suspected.
Did you ever contact me about a problem on AT?

Did you ever contact ANYONE about a problem on AT?

I am sure you realize that admin and mod positions are NOT real jobs, but strictly voluntary. Sometimes it may take a short time to get a reply, but a reply will always be forthcoming.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:09 PM   #12
QSA
One eyed/Gutless wonder

QSA is on a distinguished road

Well I have a growing business over there also and I am not band. But I have seen a change or some thing in the air over there in the past 5 months. But I just keep to myself. If I see a question I can answer right or help someone out I do. I have had some troubles and was help out fast. But I am like BC I am on about 10 forums. But this one I feel I can cut up on. I can act like myself.
message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol
QSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:13 PM   #13
Sniper

My problems are minimal, because I seldom go to AT. To be honest, I would rather go to the club and shoot than talk online.
I had my one week ban at AT R/T the Martin BillBoard Butt pictures. I could care less. I only went there because Bowman told me about her.
I have a life, and don't need AT, 3Dshoots, or any other sites. I actually have lifelong friends.
AT has Admin posts about increased enforcement, and a lot of complaints about banning, from my observations. We already know about AT being the biggest. Problems are expected. AT just seems to have a lot of disgruntled members, and a very active "Enforcement" with a lot of discretion in what they do.
It's not my problem. I could care less. It's your problem. That's why you are here doing Damage Control. If you are off the clock, be off the clock. If you are on the AT clock, be on AT, OK?
Jay Are speaks well off you. Hope to see you one of these days at a PA shoot. We can talk about something other that internet sites.
Would you consider coming to Limerick in a couple weeks? We are shooting Sat. and Sun. You would be welcome as my guest. Just leave the internet bull at the gate. Your A game is welcome.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:14 PM   #14
ArcheryMan1

ArcheryMan1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I am sure you realize that admin and mod positions are NOT real jobs, but strictly voluntary. Sometimes it may take a short time to get a reply, but a reply will always be forthcoming.
conspiracy theories run rampant. i swear i saw BC hiding behind some grassy knoll when the last guy got the boot from at. its interesting how they all gather on the island of misfit toys to whine and comiserate.
ArcheryMan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:17 PM   #15
Sniper

Welcome ArcheryMan1!
Your very first post. My, My.
You came and joined just to say that?
Old 07-23-2007, 09:17 PM   #16
Dredly
Site Guru

Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly

Quote:

I'd like to point out that every time AT goes down I try to send you a PM over there and you never respond... and none of this "well the server was down" mumbo jumbo! I think you're just ignoring my cries for help!
Old 07-23-2007, 09:17 PM   #17
Dredly
Site Guru

Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcheryMan1 View Post
conspiracy theories run rampant. i swear i saw BC hiding behind some grassy knoll when the last guy got the boot from at. its interesting how they all gather on the island of misfit toys to whine and comiserate.
Uncalled for
Old 07-23-2007, 09:18 PM   #18
ArcheryMan1

Quote:
My problems are minimal, because I seldom go to AT. To be honest, I would rather go to the club and shoot than talk online.
I had my one week ban at AT R/T the Martin BillBoard Butt pictures. I could care less. I only went there because Bowman told me about her.
I have a life, and don't need AT, 3Dshoots, or any other sites. I actually have lifelong friends.
AT has Admin posts about increased enforcement, and a lot of complaints about banning, from my observations. We already know about AT being the biggest. Problems are expected. AT just seems to have a lot of disgruntled members, and a very active "Enforcement" with a lot of discretion in what they do.
It's not my problem. I could care less. It's your problem. That's why you are here doing Damage Control. If you are off the clock, be off the clock. If you are on the AT clock, be on AT, OK?
Jay Are speaks well off you. Hope to see you one of these days at a PA shoot. We can talk about something other that internet sites.
Would you consider coming to Limerick in a couple weeks? We are shooting Sat. and Sun. You would be welcome as my guest. Just leave the internet bull at the gate. Your A game is welcome.
so the man can't speak with out being labeled as damage control. denial. go for it. it does an ego good.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:22 PM   #19
Sniper

Quote:
so the man can't speak with out being labeled as damage control. denial. go for it. it does an ego good.
You can say whatever you want on this site, Ace. Even Baiting behavior like yours. You won't be banned, just ignored.
Let me be the first to Welcome you Aboard.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:23 PM   #20
ArcheryMan1

Quote:
Welcome ArcheryMan1!
Your very first post. My, My.
You came and joined just to say that?
im here to point out hypocracy wherever it hides. behind grassy knolls mostly. of course, thats where snipers do their best work aint it?

look deeply within, there you will find truth. or consequences.

i love bob barker, dont yall?
Old 07-23-2007, 09:24 PM   #21
ArcheryMan1

Quote:
You can say whatever you want on this site, Ace. Even Baiting behavior like yours. You won't be banned, just ignored.
Let me be the first to Welcome you Aboard.
thanks man. i feel the love.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:26 PM   #22
Sniper

Quote:
im here to point out hypocracy wherever it hides. behind grassy knolls mostly. of course, thats where snipers do their best work aint it?

look deeply within, there you will find truth. or consequences.

i love bob barker, dont yall?
Clocktowers are way better. And the Book Depository was a easy place to shoot from. He should have done better.
"Two in the Head, you know he's Dead!"
I see you didn't fill out your profile. Couldn't think up a Alter yet?
Did you join just to bait?
Consequenses? You sound like a AT Moderator.

Last edited by Sniper; 07-23-2007 at 09:37 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:26 PM   #23
poorman
And thats no lie !

poorman has a spectacular aura aboutpoorman has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Dude, I dont know who you are but SHUT UP!!
Old 07-23-2007, 09:31 PM   #24
Big Country

Sniper, thanks for the invite, but I will be out of state. Maybe next time. And....my "A" game ain`t what it used to be.

I am always off the clock for AT.......like most of my work, no pay involved.

Archeryman1.....it wasn`t me, I swear it!!

Dredly....I can see you PM`s just fine. I just don`t know how to answer them yet?
Old 07-23-2007, 09:35 PM   #25
Sniper

Quote:
Sniper, thanks for the invite, but I will be out of state. Maybe next time. And....my "A" game ain`t what it used to be.

I am always off the clock for AT.......like most of my work, no pay involved.

Archeryman1.....it wasn`t me, I swear it!!

Dredly....I can see you PM`s just fine. I just don`t know how to answer them yet?
Try first Sunday in Sept. We'll make it worth your while.
We all know the new guy ain't you. Sounds like one of those non shooting "Technical Expert" counterparts you mentioned. A geek without friends, for good reason.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:33 AM   #26
Doc Holliday
Slippy for President!

Doc Holliday is on a distinguished road

Why, I do believe we are in the presence of greatness.

I wondered how long it would take you.

http://www.thefiringline.com/HCI/molon_labe.htm
Doc Holliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:44 AM   #27
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Clocktowers are way better. And the Book Depository was a easy place to shoot from. He should have done better.
"Two in the Head, you know he's Dead!"
I see you didn't fill out your profile. Couldn't think up a Alter yet?
Did you join just to bait?
Consequenses? You sound like a AT Moderator.

Protect your back with a double tap.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:29 AM   #28
Cameron

Cameron is on a distinguished road

Big Country,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I have heard both sides of a story, and I will just agree to disagree.

I am back to archery now!

Cameron
Add some custom bling with a www.slingbraid.com
Cameron is offline   Reply With Quote