Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 07-27-2007, 01:52 PM   #1
chelleo

chelleo is on a distinguished road
Default Hubby & I have gone over to the REAL Dark SIde

OMG I don't believe what we did the other day. Our friend got herself a new Hoyt Nexus Recurve and we tried it out and oh that was pretty hilarious. I am a sight girl for sure. I did hit the target though so not too terrible. What we did though was actually purchase a recurve but not just any cheap ole thing, went all the way and bought a Win & WIn Inno riser and some Samick limbs. At least the limbs only cost about $200. We should be getting it all on Tuesday from Lancaster and then the real fun begins.

It's gonna be fun fighting hubby for a chance to shoot but we're pretty excited. The hard part is getting arrows, isn't it always something. I'll keep you posted on the progress hehe. Will Chelle be able to hold 30lbs...hahaha we'll see. WHo knows might have to get some lower limbs.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:30 PM   #2
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelleo View Post
OMG I don't believe what we did the other day. Our friend got herself a new Hoyt Nexus Recurve and we tried it out and oh that was pretty hilarious. I am a sight girl for sure. I did hit the target though so not too terrible. What we did though was actually purchase a recurve but not just any cheap ole thing, went all the way and bought a Win & WIn Inno riser and some Samick limbs. At least the limbs only cost about $200. We should be getting it all on Tuesday from Lancaster and then the real fun begins.

It's gonna be fun fighting hubby for a chance to shoot but we're pretty excited. The hard part is getting arrows, isn't it always something. I'll keep you posted on the progress hehe. Will Chelle be able to hold 30lbs...hahaha we'll see. WHo knows might have to get some lower limbs.
its a recurve, you not really holding 30 lbs...its more like drawing 30 lbs and releasing......you wont have to hold it back like a compound
Old 07-27-2007, 04:30 PM   #3
chelleo

You have a good point there ....you pretty much do your aiming before you even draw the string. I just know it's a new venture but I am sure I'll favor the compound ...I still need to do better...much better.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:32 PM   #4
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelleo View Post

COOL you'll love it. Just instinctive shooting is a totally different world for sure. Good luck and have fun. So tell us why does your husband not join?????

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:40 PM   #5
chelleo

Well, firstly I'm gonna use a sight cause I gots no instinct...hubby is better at that than me.
Secondly hubby isn't into forums at all, he is king of google for sure finds all kinds of good info on everything you can think of. He's not the typing type of guy, I'm just happy he puts up with me. I'm shocked he's into this at all at his age (69 but very young at heart) but it's actually helped his health alot. It's really his fault we got into the archery thing too...so he can't really complain about the $$$ we're putting into this very addictive hobby.