Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Clubhouse Lounge > Offtopic

Old 07-28-2007, 06:18 PM   #1
Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee is on a distinguished road
Default If a man cant hold his family together is he still a man.

It is hard to come to grips with the end of everthing I have experienced in the last 6 years. MY family is gone, I feel like my life is gone, if a man cant keep his family together he is NOTHING, I am NOTHING. Why do people have to be so blind to think that a happy future is always a possibilty. The future is a dream that only the lucky experience because it is looked forward to. I have no desire to look forward to my own future. My life from now as it has been since my son was born, will be lived for my children. I will now let my children guide my future as they are what matters most in this world. I am surrounded by people that love me, friends that ARE family to me and I still have no desire to seek what I ever wanted anymore. I am a waste of a soul, that is empty. I am losing what has meant more to me than my own life whether I chose to show it or not. If I am to have a life from now on I hope it will be a life of happiness lived through my childrens dreams and aspirations. If they succeed in life it will be because I taught them well, if they fail it will be because I have failed them and I have NO intentions to fail. My only wish is that I find the wisdom to raise them the way that they should have been raised in a loving family enviornment. I will now become daddy and mommy when the official day comes that Terra walks out that door to explore what she really wants. I pray to god that she will keep my children safe when I cant be there to protect them or her. I dont know how to deal with this, I am scared to death. At this point in time it is the anticipation of ,when will all this will take place and how will I be when my children walk out of this home completely unknowing of what is actually happening, to them, to their future to their stability they had with me here. I will ALWAYS say that family is worth fighting for but it is impossible to win the battle when it is a single sided fight. I am now at war with my mind until all is said and done, I just hope everything I believe of in myself will be enough to allow some kind of mental solace. I have NEVER felt so lost in my entire my life. I have dealt with death, dying, depression, loss, sorrow, sadness but NOTHING compares to this feeling I have within me, the feeling of I could not be a strong enough man to keep my family together. If that is what my destiny is I might as well just keep what I have in my life and not try to strive for anything more, theres no point. I will work, I will come home to an empty house days out of the week and the ONLY thing I will have to look forward to is when I can see my children next, until then I will be an empty soul who lives the rest of my days out for the time spent with my children. That is the only peace I will ask for, that the time spent with my children will bring me back to who I once was and MAYBE search for what is missing. Until then :'''-(

http://www.godscountryoutdoors.net
http://http://www.meanvarchery.com/home.html
Southernfryedyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:42 AM   #2
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

I am so sorry to hear this. Always remember you have the Lord and he is right there with you. Reading His Word and prayer is the best thing you can do. All things are for a reason and if you trust in the Lord he will take care of you and your kids. Just do not let yourself continually spiral down. Get help for yourself because your kids NEED YOU. And there are people out there to help you with your life. When one door closes another one opens in our lives and we must be able to walk through the open door and continue on. Just keep yourself going forward and do not be hard on yourself, we all make mistakes and we must learn from them. We will always be here to listen. ANYTIME!!!!

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 06:52 PM   #3
kbohunt
are u a fat boy?

kbohunt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to kbohunt
Default He's right!

NY, We are here for you any time we can lend an ear!
This world we live in is very crule sometimes and we have to make the best of it with what we have.
Like all liveing things on this earth we have to survive.
And like BH said sometimes turning to god may be your answer.
I hope the best for you,& like they say time heals all wound's this statement is so true,you will feel differently a year from now!
Wish you the best, Ken

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
Arrows..beman ICS hunter
SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
FBSA-MEMBER
Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A
kbohunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:26 PM   #4
gmherps

gmherps is on a distinguished road

NY, it takes 2 to tango brother. Stop being so hard on yourself, you're gonna turn gray!

http://www.imageevent.com/gmherps
gmherps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:43 PM   #5
lungcutter

lungcutter is on a distinguished road

NY, Take time to rethink things, and find a good friend to talk things through with. Like others have said, Things will look different as time goes on. And remember that your kids still love you and need you. We all are here for you to talk to if need be.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:18 PM   #6
Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough

NyLouie, You are a big dummy dude.

You are priceless and I know tha tfor you can not put a value on a soul.
Let me tell ya something else. I went thur this 29 years a go and found God in it then He gave a woman that is far superior to tha other one.

Da is mo fish in da sea dude. So when ya git over tha heartache ya will be just fine.

It takes a while and ya hurt terrible. You will probaly never fully be able ta forget and always regret but life can be better if ya will allow it. Your friend Smokes.

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Holy Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:06 PM   #7
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

A women leaving doesn't make you any less a man. How you act in tough times are what make you a man. Hold your head up! Take care of your kids!

NOW

Shut your computer off and go to your church or the nearest church and find someone to talk to. We can't give you the help you need in five sentences on a computer screen.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:23 PM   #8
Slippy
Buckeyes #1 <----

Slippy will become famous soon enough

Louie, you need to find the bottom of a bottle in a bad way. Drinking doesn't make problems go away but it does help you forget about them.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:57 PM   #9
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
Louie, you need to find the bottom of a bottle in a bad way. Drinking doesn't make problems go away but it does help you forget about them.
SLIPPY......go back into hiding!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2007, 06:00 PM   #10
Ronhop
RIP

Ronhop is on a distinguished road
Default If a man cant hold his family together is he still a man.

Getting back to the title of your post...

"If a man cant hold his family together is he still a man."

The answer is YES !

The end as you perceive it is not the end of everything. Things just change and we all have to understand and accept that.

Hang in there bud and relax and shoot the bow...

Ron
Ronhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:15 AM   #11
j3dGuam

j3dGuam is on a distinguished road

I have been in your shoes and I will tell you that you can come out of your slump and be a better, stronger and wiser person from this. It just takes time. It hurts like hell right now and you feel lost. But start by finding a outlet to keep yourself occupied and to take your mind of off things. Use your kids as your inspiration.
j3dGuam is offline   Reply With Quote