08..BT General warning...

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by IChim2, Oct 18, 2007.

1. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

several hundred of the 08 Generals were shipped with the hang tag that reads...No bow press needed.It was a mistake in packaging.The Generals limbs can not be backed down enough to relax the string...Warning---do not attempt to back out the limbs bolts in attempt to relax the strings on the 08 Generals........Some probably all ready know this,but for those that don't i thought i'd post it.

2. firechic

firechic IKE refugee... hehe

thanks... I'll let my local bowshop know this... I think they've already got one

3. HYTMANN

HYTMANN Senior Member

Limbs blowing off a bow, not a pretty picture! Don't ask how I know.......:tape: :tape: :biggrin1:

4. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

I have actually heard the same from another source. Thanks for the reminder

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

man same old company, same old issues w/limbs, some things never change......:noidea:

6. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

Yeah but at least it's new technology, not just a reworked bow from last year with a higher price tag.:biggrin1: :laugh:

7. IAKSmith

IAKSmith Junior Member

When you back the limb bolts off, you need to leave 2-3 threads visible in the hole where you can see the threads. Problem is at this point the string isn't relaxed enough to say..... put in a peep. Another problem is that an Apple Bow Press can not press these new bows without a new attachment. The distance is to close between the cam and the support on the riser and the limb hits the bracket on the press............if that makes any sence. My pro called Apple and they are sending him new arms so that this bow can be pressed.