1 more ? about my Draw Length, I'm sorry

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Southernfryedyankee, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

I have a wingspan (unstretched of 66") divided by 2.5 I get 26.4" my arrows are cut to 28.5 without a broadhead. Does this help anyone figure out of my DL is to long, wayyyyy to long or just right. Any help as always is gr8tly appreciated. my arrow without a broadhead is flush to the riser as you should be able to see in the pics. I love you all :wave:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

all I can tell you is my wing tip to wing tip is 67 and I shoot 27.5 on all my bows.
    Conpair my photo with yours same safty draw

3. Southernfryedyankee

My string is behind my nose compared to yours which your string is barely touching the tip of your nose am I right. AWESOME BOWSTAND

4. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

So, you don't know what the DL of your bow is? Are you trying to avoid shortening your DL, just try it, come on, you know you want to :D

5. Southernfryedyankee

no maaam I want to do whatever it takes to have better accuracy. I do not mind shortening my DL at all

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

your draw length is too long and your peep is too low......

7. Southernfryedyankee

It seemed like my peep was a little low. I hate that durn peep. I plan to get my bow crackerized after the season. I just want to fix all the main issues first.

8. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

What do you have to do to change your DL? Adjustment? Cam?....

9. Southernfryedyankee

I will probably have to get a new draw length module, and then it has a draw stop on the cam for fine tuning but it says dont go more then a half increment but that like an 1/8". Thats kinda tacky!

10. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

yes on the tip of my nose

11. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

Bowman is correct. Your peep looks to be about 1" low and draw about 1/2" short. Your peeking down to look through your peep!!! draw back and put your nose right on the string w/ out trying to look through your peep. When you are anchored you should be able to look right through your peep with out having to move your head at all..

12. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Senior Member

i think you are an inch long at minimum.... from the look in the pics... maybe 1 1/2" because you still need to unlock your elbow some

13. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

If I measured your wing span at 66". I would start you at no longer than 26" draw. A lot of people shoot too long a draw. I would rather see you shoot a draw length 1/2" short than too long. You will be more consistent in hunting situations. If you are only shooting from a target line you might be able to get by stretching your draw length a hair:cool:

Dan