1st Bow

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by GRUMPN, Oct 23, 2007.

1. GRUMPN

GRUMPN Junior Member

Just targets. Want to get into 3D. Really like the Bear Element. Don't want to spend a fortune but lookin for value. What do you guys think of this one for a 1st bow? Thanks in advance. Ric

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Welcome Grumpn...

The Element is a nice bow, should be a fine first bow...
    I would suggest shooting a bunch of different ones first though...if you havent already.
    Do you have a shop near you?

3. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

right, also you might want something in a 34" and up A/A with 7" + brace height. A little more forgiving for someone just starting out. How much you looking to spend??

4. OA3D

OA3D Member

Don't forget about new to you used bows.
    This time of year they are abundant.
    Try some different stuff too.

5. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

:welcome: to the forum

The Element is a great bow for the price. But as mentioned above shoot several before purchasing. You may find one that feels perfect to ya.

Fred Bear
    Mission
    Reflex
    Diamond
    PSE
    Martin

They all have bows priced nicely. Good luck and have fun.:peace:

6. GRUMPN

GRUMPN Junior Member

Didn't go shoot any bows due to lack of any experience with compounds. Found one on E Bay & had to act quickly so I now have a new bare Bear Element for a $200 investment. Now I get to have all that fun puttin all the goodies on it. I've been going through the 2007 Cabela's Archery catalog like a born again christian who just discovered the bible. Fortunately Obsession Archery is close so I'll be starting there for a checkover of the bow & purchase and installation of the goodies. Hope to be punching some holes in targets in a week or so. My home is on an acre so backyard practice is in the future and then some 3D. Thanks for the info and I hope I can tap you guys in the future for more advice & help >>>>>------->0 Ric:D

7. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

:welcome: to the forum post away and we will help any way we can.

8. J.C.

J.C. New Member

:welcome: GRUMPN. have fun rigging out your bow.

9. OA3D

OA3D Member

Congrats on the new bow.:peace:
    There are many online shops that are prolly less expensive and carry a wider supply of bow stuff than Cabelas.

10. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Ebay has good prices on accessories, or the classifieds on here or the other site! good luck

11. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

also, think about what class your wanting to shoot in? hunter class the element will do fine. but if your looking at open class and spots you might want to look at something with a longer a/a. just a thought!

12. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Yep!

Bear element is a fine 1st bow.
    Have fun and :welcome: to the forum.
    Ask and we will answer!:wave: