2007 Hoyt bow review

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Chris, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

The Hoyt rep brought in the new bows the other day. Before he came, I had been reading stuff on the new bows and wasn't overly impress with what I was reading. However, shooting them gave me a whole different opinion.

The Vectrix is a much improved version of the Trykon. Great pulling cam, smooth, no harsh roll over, very little vibration due to the STS like device. Speeds on the Vectrix and XL are good.

The new Pro 38 with the C2 cam is awesome. For an indoor or 3D rig, I like this one. For the draw length challenged, go to the Vectrix XL.

I was told that the C2 cam has the same draw force curve as the Vector cam but is smaller. There is no more spiral cams. The C2 is similar to the spiral in feel, but didn't want to tear your arm off if you crept forward slightly.

Hoyt, you did very good this year especially with the Vectrix & XL.

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

are you allowed to post pics?

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

come on chris he wants to see the vulcan, he is a speed freak afterall.....

4. dzingale

dzingale Senior Member

What is the Brace height on the Vulcan and ATA?

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

brace is like 6 I think......

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Sounds like a wrist slapper to me. I'll stick with my 7.5 bh.

7. dzingale

dzingale Senior Member

Same here. I think that I will stay with my Bowtechs.

8. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Very good my friend I commend you on a very wise decision.:biggrin1:

9. dzingale

dzingale Senior Member

I already have my Commander in smoke chrome on order. Can't wait till it gets here.

10. slamdam

slamdam Senior Member

whats the prices on them?

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I think I would rather shoot a Hoyt than a Bowtech.......I like keeping my bady parts attatched......

12. dzingale

dzingale Senior Member

Why is everything that I see out of you about bashing Bowtech. Is it because you can't find A reliable shop to work on A bow. If you tried shooting A bow before bashing the bow you might be A happier person. I came to this site because I thought it was A different kind of site but I see that YOU can bash bows all you want. I try to enjoy Archery and hunting and I think that all bow are good or they would not be on the market. I have been shooting A Bowtech for 3 years and NEVER had A problem. Before that I shot A Mathews and never had A problem. I have also shot other companies bows and had A set of limbs crack but I don't bash the company and was one set of limbs and if there was A problem I knew they would fix it. Thank you.

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

read my signature

14. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

If you ignore him he'll go away......Right like that's ever worked:biggrin1:

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

that will never ever happen........

16. papito

papito Petering it since 06

Hey take it easy this is a forum website you post your OPNION here!!!

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

and his opinion is that all I do is bash bowtech.........so i guess he has never read any of the WB threads.......:laugh:

18. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Or range finders, or Elite, or Pse, or Darton, or.....
    Do I really need to go on?:biggrin1:

19. dzingale

dzingale Senior Member

I will admit that when the Whisker biscuit first came out I wouldn't even Bowman in it, But now I think they are better but I still wont shoot it.

20. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

wait have I really bashed all of those or just showed my dipleasure for them in the past.....I actually am a closet PSE fan.....I just wish they would come out w/a bow that I liked in the next couple of seasons......plus the only PSE dealer around here is Gander Mountain......

The Elite post was a joke in an off the wall thread.....not bashing.....

Darton......I am still asking to find out if they are even still in exsistance......

Range finders.....only bashed when used in compitions.....i own oneand love it........