2nd bow

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by trussoni, Apr 30, 2008.

1. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

what do you all look for in a second bow? i am thinking on getting another one because a buddy of mine just loves my 30.06 and wants to buy it. not sure if i want another mathews although a new dxt would look nice just afraid i wouldnt shoot my drenalin if i purchased one. just curious what you all looked for in your second.

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

is it going to be another hunting bow? or will it serve another purpose......

3. trussoni

well most likely a bit of both. i have discovered through the couple 3d shoots i have shot and the dart system league i joined that shooting for hunting purposes and shooting for points are two different types of shooting. what exactly is the difference between a target bow and a hunting bow anyway? may sound like dumb question but i am really unsure.

4. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

In target bows people tend to want things like longer ATA's and Dual Cams for level arrow travel etc. Hunting setups people like short ATA's for treestands, some like a more forgiving draw curve on those cold nasty mornings etc. Bow weight can be important to the hunter that does alot of still hunting; up in a tree not quite as much of an issue. Obviously the accessories are different as well. Speed is nice for 3D and the unmarked distances. I'm kicking around another bow as well. I'm looking for a hunting rig but as I'll hit 50 next year I'm more interested in a forgiving draw curve than a speed rig. I really like the cycle on the MPro cams so it will likely be something with them. Mine is a 2002 so I can still buy some performance without getting an agressive bow. I may even wait another year. Mine still shoots way better than I do.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  5. trussoni

kind of figured those were the basic differences, i am trying to find out what Mathews has in store for the '09 series of bows but its like trying to obtain a state secret around here.

6. canam kim

canam kim New Member

I have two bows and they are identical. I like the idea of knowing that if something happens to my hunting/3-D bow (one and the same) then I would have one like it to be ready. The only difference is that one is '07 and the other is '08. I don't think there is another bow out there that I'd want unless they made the 82nd in a 26 inch bow. :biggrin1:

7. trussoni

bowtech makes a good bow a person cant go wrong with one i wouldnt think.

8. J.C.

J.C. New Member

:welcome: kim,

do you shoot bt equalizers?

9. J.C.

J.C. New Member

check out the Drenalin LD for a target bow, if you wanted to stay with Mathews..

10. J.C.

J.C. New Member

all bow companies are tight-lipped about next years stuff. you really wont know anything until around October.

11. trussoni

wish it was sooner than then.
    :wave: welcome to the forums kim :wave:

12. archer1983

archer1983 New Member

Do yourself a favor and get an Elite bow. I have no regrets switching. best bow I have ever owned. :hug:

13. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

speaking of, where's the pix you've been promising? You spinning another yarn?

14. archer1983

archer1983 New Member

They are coming soon Buster.

It has been raining here the last couple of days I didnt want to take pics in the rain. :rockon:

The proof that you want will also be presented.

15. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

?? Something thats a good buy is the first thing that comes to mind?

I've learned througout the last year or so, every person must have at least 2, or preferably 3 to get by in life.

16. trussoni

money does play a role in it thats why i only have 1 at the moment

17. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

knowing Mathews, just look at the 08 line...or 07...or....:tape:

18. that'll stir the pot up some:lol:

19. canam kim

canam kim New Member

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I shoot Crackerized BowTech Equalizers :peace: . I shot a Martin Scepter II Magnum until 2006 and then switched to Equalizer and haven't looked back. I really like it. The only thing that would like about the 82nd is the ATA. I would like to try a longer one again, but it's kinda hard to get the EQ out of my hand, lol.

20. trussoni

as far as the Mathews slam goes all i can say is that i did not pick my bow my bow picked me. at the same time i do see what youre saying but what they do have is top of the line in my opinion.