3DShoots Up Roar

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by ib4hoyt, Jul 15, 2007.

1. ib4hoyt

ib4hoyt Riff Raff

Looks like we needed this thread, yall have earned it!

2. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Slippy for President!

:whoo:

Woo hoo.

Do we get some kind of prize? :D

3. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

Yea we get the "Doc went home" award. :laugh:

4. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Didn't think he was contributing anything anway...:laugh:

Ron

5. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

Did something happen to Doc?

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

He resigned.
    Read the post that's titles 'Later'...

Ron

7. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

gotcha...I just read it. I am just wondering what set him off? We shouldn't be running anyone out of town!

8. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Your right but personally there is not anything on here that should run anyone out of town. It's pretty simple actually, if there's a post that anyone don't want to read or find useful, ignore it.

Ron

9. SilentSniper

SilentSniper Senior Member

Some of the members here could have used the same advice while they were on AT. :tape:

10. ib4hoyt

ib4hoyt Riff Raff

i agree, makes this site look bad, doc never did anything to anyone and some of you treated him like dirt.......

11. Doc Holliday

Maybe not here. ;)

12. ib4hoyt

ib4hoyt Riff Raff

im sure you didn't deserve it over there,,, looks like you got the boo boo lip......get over it!!

13. Doc Holliday

No boo boo lipe here. :D

And I am over it now. You should've seen me when I wasn't. :laugh:

14. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

Scarred for life, if you ask me. You should sue for "Emotional Distress"

15. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I don't think so by the longer-time regulars on this site but then again I may have missed something and may be wrong. If that did happen then shame on those who took personal jabs. He also should not take this so seriously. Think about the fact that it's easy to hide behind a keyboard and monitor. Some people don't have the maturity to use the computer as a communication device as opposed to a mental weapon. You also have to take some things you read at face value and ignore them as you see fit. Too bad that happened though. I'm sure regular contributors to this site did not intend to drive somebody off. Or, maybe I'm wrong again since so many new members have been contributing, possibly defects from AT as far as I can read into it. I can say that the general attitude on thie site has changed for the worse in the past week or two. That's not good.

This site in fact helps people quite a bit. I find AT to be a "testosterone" charged site that often times focus on the trees instead of the forest. I'm a reader, but not a subscriber and I never will subscribe and I hardly read any more. No point for myself.

For example: Start a thread about adjusting cam timing on a Bowtech Allegiance after you change string and cables. On AT, you get responses like "Why the heck shoot a Blowie ? Get rid of it, it's crap, and buy a Hoyt !".
    Here you might get "I don't know, but if I see something I'll post it.". And then you might get a Bowtech dig, but the focus is on helping with a joke/plug tossed in for good luck and entertainment.

That's not a repeat of an actual post but it's an example of the difference in attitude between here and AT for the past year that I've been a member of this site.

Ron

16. ByteMe

ByteMe Senior Member

Booo Hooo...

I know that I may have been "out of the loop" for awhile.. but I have something simple to say...

I think I speak for all of us when I say we come here to have fun. Sure there are the times when we get way to into the topic(s) we are sharing on but hey thats communication in general. Simply put that means you have HEART if you can share and we can see the emotion and even feel it. It means you have passion for what you hold close to you. Whether you are communicating in person or via electronic methods its still the same.

I dont feel bad because some one got all offended and couldnt take the heat. I mean if you cant then step outta the fire. Its the nature of the beast that someone somewhere will get offended and leave. Its no harm or foul.. Just means that this is not for them. Suck it up move on and let us serious shooters do what we do best and thats come here to share with each other and HAVE FUN!! I think that motivates the new people they see that not only are these guys knowledgeable, but passionate and they have a GOOD TIME!!! It helps break the ice expecially when that newbie has a legitimate issue. I mean within minutes of a post you can expect this community to immediately respond with good information. Sheeesh, I didnt think that coming back I needed a box of Kleenex too!

All of the seniors here and newbies share in one thing.. We are passionate about our love for archery and most of all we want to be passionate and have fun at the same time. These guys here know their stuff and one thing I can say for sure is that whether a senior or a newbie when faced with a question you want to ask I have never seen anyone here make a person feel like an idiot for asking anything. I never have felt like there is a such thing here as a stupid question. I wish I could say the same about the other boards. Where they are just arrogant and answer with a one line "RTFF"!!! Well I have two words for those people BYTE ME! Thats why after being away for a few months I find myself coming back to all my online buddies here coz y'all RAWK!!! :rockon:

Thats all for me.. now lets put the whining and crying to wraps and work on hittin them 10'ers!!! Or we can have a moment of silence for those that have been lost.... NAH!!!!!! Y'all can do that on the way to meeting me at the next 3D shoot!

Laters,
    ~Byte~

Last edited: Jul 15, 2007
  17. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

Well said Ron.
    This site has nothing to be ashamed about. The AT stuff would end if people let it. Seems that the ones stoking the flames now, complaining about the complaining, are keeping it burning bright. So be it. let the light shine.
    If you complain at AT the tell you "Where are you gonna Go?"
    Here. They can come here.

18. ByteMe

ByteMe Senior Member

Right on!

I second that bring em on.. They are certainly welcome just as long as they leave the box of Kleenex at home! And are ready to have good ole time!!

~Byte~

19. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I don't think so either.

I was not out to write another "War and Peace" in that post, but...:laugh:
    I think this site is really nice and it's fun and informative. If your hypersensitive there truly is no forum you will be satisfied with on any topic at all.

Some of the AT folks really just create their own "Tempest in a Teacup" and I don't know why. All I know is that I do not want this site to turn into that.

So, now the hijack...

Now that you said "Well said Ron", somebody like BOWMAN will probably chime in and burst my bubble...:laugh:
    Oh, the price you have to pay to get a pat on the back these days...:laugh:

Ron

20. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yeah Byte, I think a lot of us are saying the same thing in words or not. We're just each taking a little different angle on it.

The fact is that I'm having a couple of issues with 2 bows I have that I need help fixing. I have the confidence I can get answers and help on this site and I'd like to see it stay that way.

Ron