57 Guest Members, come-on guys join up!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Chris, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

We had 57-60 guest members on tonight. Come-on Guest Members. Register and join the local archery family.

2. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

do we have a quota we need to meet or something :noidea:

3. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

Might help if nearly every thread wasnt hijacked. I know lots of people want to search these kind of sites for info, so they may look for the topics they need help with, only to find post after post with the same handfull of members constantly bashing, talking smak and all the other non related things that arise on many threads here. I have been on this site for a while, and pop in often, and do see some threads i like to read, maybee learn, get new ideas, but reading all the BS to get though it is really old. I also do like some of the offtopic stuff, but theirs a place for it, not on all the threads. I do like it here and lots of good guys, and a few that just want to stir the pot. Maybe their should be a stir the pot free for all area for all the non thread realted posters!! Then the new guys dont need to read endless BS to get some help with something, or to get ideas on products and what people know about related things. just my .02

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:focus: please.........:wave:

5. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

HEY, HEY, I like much of the smack; BH and Slippy have been high entertainment. :popcorn: I mean it's valuable to answer the how do you tie a D loop questions and all that but this place would be BORING without smart:censored:'s, clowns, general stupidity and silliness. I say keep up the good work. :thumb:

6. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

OK all you Southern Gents show em what real Southern gentelmen we are.:biggrin1:

7. WAPITI SLAYER

WAPITI SLAYER New Member

You could not be more right. That is probably the reason why there are so many guests. I have been a guest on this site for a while and I see the same stuff over and over. The same group of guys hijacking threads and talking BS on every thread. They use the guise that as long as one person answers the question or topic than it's ok to start hijacking. The boss and the only mod do nothing about it. The mod will say to stay on topic now and then but the same guys start joking with her and then she forgets the whole point as well. All Chris has to say to new members that have complained is you need to just relax with these guys they mean no harm. This site is becoming a personal message board for a handful of people. The guys that do generally want to be helpful like Smokes, kbohunt , JC Morgan (most of the time), and some I can't remember are really great. At times when other sites are down like AT and new people come here to check things out they are usually attacked by some of these guys as not wanted cause they mention they came from AT. More people would probably come on here as members and post if the BS was stepped on, but that does not seem likely to happen. JUst my $.02. Now I'll sit back and watch as this group of guys I referred to come in with guns a blazin tellin me if I don't like it here than leave, or they are just "having some fun". Maybe it is all in fun but maybe that is why your guests stay guests Chris???:noidea:

8. Chris

Thanks to all for your input. It is appreciated. Maybe other guest members feel the same as you, I'm not sure since they don't register and post.

I just went and looked at nearly all the posts on the first page of the general forum and the majority were all on topic as far as archery related questions and very little BS in them.

When a post with a valid archery related question comes up we will try to keep it on topic a bit better then we have. However, this will not become the forum where people can't have fun.

As far as a quota, no not really. I would just like to see this forum continue on with it's growth.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I thought the search feature didnt work until you were a member?:noidea:

If i am wrong, forgive me....

10. Chris

No, the search works fine even if your not a member.

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

cool cool, ALMOST every other forum SITE , I have ever been on, you have to be a member to use the search feature.......one of the reasons I became a member of those sites......:noidea:

maybe that would be something to think about Chris?:noidea:

12. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

No offense, but without all the "BS" by the faithful members of this site, there wouldn't be a whole lot of posts. People can come on here and get their questions answered and sure, some extra conversations might occur. So maybe we should just have Chris just lock every thread once the question is answered.

Original Poster: Hey, will a 350 spine maxima be ok with my set up of x,y,z

next post: yes, it will be fine

Original Poster: Thanks

Chris....lock thread

Personally, after he got his answer, I don't mind hearing about how slippy once killed 350 bunnies with the spine he pulled from a deer he killed with his bare hands. But that is just me..

If we are doing a bad job as members of actually answering people's questions, then shame on us. But if you are the type of person who doesn't like to have some fun and be entertained, then this might not be the place for you :noidea:

13. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

:nod: I agree with Hook. :nod:

{should I be concerned:noidea: }

14. TEN RING

TEN RING ONE SHOT ONE KILL

It's probably the only forum you can jump right in and be welcome :hug:
    there is some ribbing going on but it's all in fun, but if you need help with something you will fine a lot of opinons :laugh: but we will get it right somewhere down the line :wave:

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I would agree, but then my BLAZING gun would show......:noidea:

16. SinGin

SinGin Banned

Would it make you feel better if we added some game threads or useless number threads???

17. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

no..it is my birthday and I cannot be wrong today :laugh: :wave:

18. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

oh you could, watch this......

hey PINK, you should hear what Hook said about that dinner you made him.....:tape: :tape: :tape:

I told him to be nice........:noidea:

19. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I agree as well with dbdcougar and the Hookster....

This site attracts people because of good information and because it has some resemblance of a personality that's not negative on products and/or the players in the industry.

AT is not in the league this site is and it's really not even close in my opinion.

I view AT as a site that has this aura of big dreams with little promises and too much money to spend (ya see Laura Franchese in the bowhunting mags with the AT page on her computer screen ?) She probably makes more money sitting cross legged in a chair, with holes in her jeans, with a mouse in her hand, that she makes actually shooting a bow. No offense to her at all, it's all about AT and the folks over there that want to make more money than they know what to do with. I view 3D-Shoots as a tool that somebody can use to get some objective information from. And I view the extracurricular ramblings (a.k.a. posts) as being some innocent entertainment.

Ron

20. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Oh and I forgot to say that you guests should register and post up. There are a lot of great people and fun people out here that love archery. A lot of us also like to have fun.

A lot of people in the world forgot what fun is all about...

Register and post up folks ! :welcome:

Ron