82nd and the Spot Hogg Whammy

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by scottg, May 22, 2008.

1. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

I am sorry that it has been a while since I have bee on here. I have just been busy with work.

Now for the question. I have the 82nd Airborne and I just installed the Spot Hogg Whammy rest. I did just as the instructions stated and it works fine. The issue that I am having is using lipstick to check for full fall away. I am getting lipstick on my vanes. I am having a timing issue here and I don't know how to fix it. Has anyone had this issue before? :Cry: :Cry: :Cry:

2. TEN RING

TEN RING ONE SHOT ONE KILL

there are for dot on the each cam on the tops where they go though the limbs just get them equal

3. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I believe he was asking about the timing of the drop away reat, not cam timing. He has vane clearance issues with his rest.

Is there a spring adjustment to get it to drop quicker ? If not, maybe tie the cord a little higher on the cable... I have an 82nd and am using a stationary rest (NAP QT 3000), for now anyway, simply because I had it and I was concerned that with a bow that fast there might just be clearance issues with the launcher not dropping fast enough.

I'm not familiar with tha rest so I can't be of much help.

Godd luck with that Scott.

Ron

4. TEN RING

TEN RING ONE SHOT ONE KILL

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

5. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Couple questions.... First are you shooting your arrows with the indexing vane pointing up. Second if you think the rest is not falling fast enough look at the timing hole on the Whammy rest. If the timing hole is visible loosen the set screw that holds the trigger cord and pull the string tight so that the timing hole is buried inside the rest. This will cause the rest to drop faster. Another question I would have is how much of the Launchers are sticking into the bow shelf. If you have access to a digital camera post a pic and we can go from there....:peace:

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

:lol:

Stuff happens man...

Bullfiddle makes a good point about having a pic posted and the index vane up/down. If index vane = up; trouble; if not up = I have no clue aside from what's been said already... Post a pic or two and let's check it out.

Ron

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  7. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

Thanks. I will not be home untill the 29th, but I will get some pics and post them.

I am shooting the index vane down and the timing hole is not visable. I don't know if the short brace height is giving me fits or not. I have the rest level and as far forward as I can go. At rest, my 4" vanes are in the rest. I did use a square to set the height and the prongs have room to travel with no contact of the shelf.

I do like the way the bow shoots and I like the way that the Whammy is made, I just have to get them to work together now.

8. p47dman

p47dman New Member

clearance

i also shoot an 82nd, with a Trophy Taker though. I was having a similar issue. Went to the shop and put it on the high speed camera. You are probably getting a bounce on the launcher and it is coming up and hitting the vanes. Trophy Taker made a new launcher with shorter prongs and also a stiffer spring. might want to check it out. good luck.