82nd is finally set up and shooting.

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Ronhop, May 19, 2008.

1. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Here it is since I had to make good on the man law thing... Better late than never, I just have not had the time to work on this thing.

Since it took so long I'll provide the details and give kudos to the folks I procured items from that sell through 3D-Shoots.com...

Bowtech 82nd Airborne - Testarossa, 61#, 29" draw, 6-1/8" brace height, smooth mods, 347 grain arrow, 303 fps.

Easton Fatboy 400 arrows - 28.5", 100gr Easton glue in points, Gateway Rayzr feathers, CR Apex 3D Scope with .019 up pin and no lens, Sure-Loc Supreme 400 sight with 9" bar, NAP QT 3000 rest (with re-designed launcher mounting block for thicker risers, at no charge, courtesy of the folks at NAP), Carter Solution 3 release from Obsession Archery, Specialty Super Ball peep with 3/32" aperture (will probably go to a 1/8"), 12" stab and weight setup from Jim Posten, QuickStand from QSA, Quiver from Wheels, BCY release rope and serving thread from Redhdcharm, Finger sling(s) from Firechic (it's in the pic... it's just in the quiver pouch), quiver belt courtesy of material and buckle from a local fabric store and soon to be installed Mike's Custom String and Cables (BCY 452x, red/black twist).

And a partridge in a pear tree...:lol:

Now that I've shot a couple of dozen arrows through this I can say that this bow is very shootable. I'm looking forward to shooting the heck out of it this Summer. Although it 'only' has about a 6" brace height it does not shoot like one. With the 12" stab and couple of weights and the weight of the sight/scope combination the bow is very well balanced at full draw. Man I really like this bow. I just need to finish getting it tuned and sighted in so I can do my sight tape and I'll be good to go.

Ron

2. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: and :rockon: again!

3. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

Nice looking rig. You like black and red? :rockon:

4. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I like the combination. I think it looks neat. I wanted a target bow for 3D and the other Bowtech target colors really didn't do anything for me. I already had the black Sure-Loc and the red Solution 3 so it made sense to go Testarossa. It looks a lot better in reality than in the pic. That OSB background messes things up.

Ron

5. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Thanks, it's just pathetic it took me 3+ months to put this thing together. It wasn't like I was waiting on any parts. Just no time to mess with it and do things right. I don't just throw stuff together.

It was worth the wait though.

Ron

6. watt spurlock

watt spurlock New Member

nice looking setup. Thats the color combo that Im going with.:rockon:

7. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Cool... For a stab yoou need to talk with Mr. Posten. The pic stinks but the colors of the stab are really, really close to the red cams. He does a really nice job and it's a fair price.

Ron

8. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

I think the bow with chrome cams would have looked sweeter. :peace:

9. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

That would be cool too and as a plus it's WAY easier to find silver/chrome accessories than red. Hoyt has some black/chrome/silver target colors that look really cool.

Ron

10. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

That looks really nice :rockon:

11. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

Maybe just leave the bow the way it is and get all your teeth capped in chrome and smile all the time? That would be way cool. :rockon:

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

You always carry a full dozen arrows with you??:lol:

13. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

:rockon: Sweet looking rig Ron.

14. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

15. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

No but sometimes I need to... :lol:

Ron

16. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

:lol:

Ron

17. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I don't have an arrow tube for them yet. My shop ran out of them so I just keep them in the Q... I use the Easton semi transparent ones for $12. Relatively cheap and they fit perfectly in the Lakewood cases I use.

Ron

18. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

19. J.C.

J.C. New Member

good looking setup, Ron. are those esm mods on it?

20. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

They changed the designation. My '06 Allegiance has ESM mods. The 82nd has OB (or QB, can't tell since their machined into the mod instead of stamped). They are the smooth mods though. i tried the speed mods and i thought the draw cycle was a little too rough. Maybe after I get used to it I'll try them again.

Ron

Last edited: May 19, 2008