A buddy of mine is shooting in the Buckmasters this weekend..

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by NE1C_my_arrow, Jul 17, 2006.

1. NE1C_my_arrow

NE1C_my_arrow Member

Keep him in your thoughts and prayers.. Poor guy, he's nervous as a cat and I can't say as I blame him! :biggrin1: Great guy, and if anyone deserves a shot at this, it's him. He called me tonight and needed to borrow my hip quiver, so if he makes it to the end and gets to be on TV.. I'll have a famous piece of archery history coming back my way! :lol:

Yeah, right.. :biggrin1:

He's supposed to be the first guy shooting out of the gate on Friday... That's got to be tough too. I know he can do this if he keeps his cool and doesn't let it get into his head. He's probably shot against most of these guys before, but it's a new course and new arena. No practice rounds, either.. Just jump out there, pull up and shoot..

Anyway, I know he can't see this because he's not online at home..

BUT GOOD LUCK CONLEY!!

2. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

Wait a min. He's shooting in the Buckmasters and had to borrow a hip quiver? I'd been buying a custom made quiver that would catch everyones eye. I could hear it now.....He can't shoot worth a darn, but he's sure got a nice hip quiver:laugh:

Good Luck to your buddy. Hope he fairs well. I shot in the BP World Championships a few years ago. Nervous, wasn't the word. Lots of people, celebraties, TV camaras and the shakes to go with them.

3. NE1C_my_arrow

NE1C_my_arrow Member

LOL! Yeah, it is kind of funny about having to borrow a quiver.. But he actually has a custom made leg quiver he uses when he's shooting pop-up, puts the back of the arrow right at his arms length when his arm is at his side. The problem is that it only holds six and they told him to bring one that can hold 12. I guess in the first three rounds he has to shoot 10 times each round.

He's got one on order in case he makes it to the Worlds, but it wouldn't be here in time for this one. You've probably shot against him at BP then, he won the amateur devision there two years ago and then won the pro class there last year. He keeps trying to get me to shoot up there, but I don't know. I shot the one in the Big Buck Classic in Little Rock a few years back, and if someone had goosed me on the stand I probably would have been hanging from the ceiling! :laugh: I was wound up pretty tight. :doh: