a nice little trick...

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Werd, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Werd

Werd Senior Member

ok soo look...me and my neighbor were experimenting last week...with boiling stuff. we boiled pine tree limbs...we sat 40 yards from each otehr...we both sprayed ourselves with it...and there deer come running out of no where and start sniffing..heads all high and that good stuff. im experimenting with apples right now. im going to try them tomrrow. but if you have pine trees around..consider boiling them. they do wonders...just take and put them in a spray bottle.

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

take an old sock, wash it good in scent away soap, boil it in a pot of apple cider right before you head out in the woods, seal it in a ziplock bag, hang it from a near by tree limb......the deer love it....

3. Werd

Werd Senior Member

im gonna try that right now. but with pine trees.

4. bowcraze30

bowcraze30 Senior Member

or you could buy some apples :doh:

5. bowcraze30

bowcraze30 Senior Member

they r not attracted to pine it is a cover scent :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

its dark........:frusty: :frusty:

7. Werd

Werd Senior Member

pine tree in my back yard....=]. and why buy apples when you have a tree in your back yard??? i got 3 of them back there.

8. Werd

Werd Senior Member

okkkkk...im gonna invent sumthing here. im going to cut up an old long john pants. into about 3 inch by 7 inch. strips. then boiled them in apples...think that would work??

9. bowcraze30

bowcraze30 Senior Member

hows this...pick some apples from ur 3 trees and put them out there!

10. Werd

Werd Senior Member

duhhh silly i do that too. its just that im experimenting with boiling stuff right now. and no dude. believe it or not. deer do come to pine scent. me and my n-bor had 4 come to us and we had our clothes in a bag with pine branches in it. they were sniffing and heads high and good stuff like that.

11. bowcraze30

bowcraze30 Senior Member

OKay if you say so. good luck making a scent and good luck hunting too!

12. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Hey !
    Nice idea...
    You guys out East are smarter than I thought... :laugh:

Seriously, Illinois has cracked down on baiting and I don't know if that's considered baiting. You have to read between the lines I guess. I don't have the 2007-2008 hunting regulation book yet since I'll be buying my tags tomorrow... I'll have to check that out but it sounds like an excellent idea.

Ron

13. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

PA has lessened their baiting rules... 4 counties allow it now due to population influx

14. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I wish they would do that here, at least by county instead of state-wide restrictions. Dead deer on roads all over this area now... It's getting rediculous.

Hey Dred, you ever sleep or are you working 3rd shift ? :lol:

Ron

15. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

I used to use the pine tree bit years before. Still will. I also have an old seabag that I throw my extra hunting garb in,and I take an old pillowslip that I chop up small pine branches and put in it and put that in with the clothes in the seabag. Made me smell like a Christmas tree. Got that from an "old timer" that would even line his pickup truck bed with pine branches and threw his gear on top of that.

16. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Ol Poppa Dean of SC taught me ta take a cedar bush and rub it all over and ta scrub my boots on it.
    Keep a sprig in your hat
    Thank God fer Poppa Deans:amen:

17. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Saturday Sept 29th... 4:45 am... (aka FIRST MORNING!)

I was eating my oatmeal and drinking coffee before I jumped in the shower, got dressed and went out for the day :rockon:

18. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I wish that 2 B would allow baiting in PA:noidea: why it isnt allowed.