Advice on a new bow.

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Dukmn80, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Dukmn80

Dukmn80 Junior Member

Hey guys.

I am looking to get a new bow. As for specifics, RT handed, 29" draw and under $400, really would prefer around $300. Other than that, I'm open to whatever. I have a '00 or '01 Fred Bear Code that I want to sell/trade to help fund the new bow. I also have an older PSE Nova that I really like even though it's pretty slow compared to new bows.

So what would you suggest I check into?
    Diamond Edge?
    Fred Bear Element?
    PSE Firestorm?

2. sweet old bill

sweet old bill Member

GO TO THE BEAR SITE AND CHECK OUT THE NEW 2008 bows. I think you may find one in your price range. It is getting harder and harder to find a good mid price bow that is under $500 bucks in today market...The lower dollar is going to cost all of us to have to paymopre and also the cost of oil will have a impack on overall costs of all mfg products..

3. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

:welcome: Have to agree with s.o.b.......in todays market there's not a lot of options for good bow's in that price range....good luck though.

4. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

Get a hold of JCMorgan on here....I bet cha he'll have a lot of idea on how to fix you up.....:peace:

5. Dukmn80

Dukmn80 Junior Member

Oh, and any guess on what my Fred Bear Code would be worth?

6. IChim2

Not that it's any of my bussiness....why you want to ditch the code....them's pretty good bows and this is jmo...but it's probably as good/better a bow than what your looking for in your price range.

7. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

that dont sound right............but i agree with Ichim , code is far better,,,keep it or spend a little more..........:rockon:

8. IChim2

Now that you brought it up....they didn't make the code that early...:noidea:

9. J.C.

J.C. New Member

When North American Archery Group owned Bear, before they were bought out by Escalade, they did have a model called the Code. Of course it was different from the current model. Some of their other models were the Epic, Heart, Borsalino, and they even had a Bosalino takedown compound that had a hinge in the grip area that folded over. I remember seeing pictures of them, but i always wanted to see one of those in person just to see how it worked. How the heck would you keep the cables and string from tangling? :noidea:

10. tmurphy

tmurphy Guest

new bow cheap

the only way i know to tell u to get a new bow cheap now is to watch for the the stores to clearance out or discount last years bows they usually start doing that in January. hope this helps :peace: