After Christman

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Liv2Bowhunt, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Liv2Bowhunt

Liv2Bowhunt Senior Member

Archery Season comes back in after Christmas here in PA, but I gotta try to kill one of those darlins with the ol Smoke Pole. Just got a new .54 cal Flintlock muzzleloader. Haven't ever gotten one with it yet, but is sure is fun tryin.

2. red44

red44 Senior Member

Muzzleloaders are a blast, pun intended! I've taken 1 with mine, plus a coyote a couple years ago. Nothing like waiting for the smoke to clear. My season is winding down too, got after xmas minus a few days of work to get-her-done. Not much time, but a whole lot of freezer space to fill. ML or bow for me. Good luck.

3. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

I've been wanting a muzzle loader but i keep putting it on the back burner...some time this spring i'm going to invest in an Encore...i think i'd enjoy it next season.

4. red44

red44 Senior Member

I'm still using a sidelock/caplock. Still fun.

5. Long Draw

Long Draw Banned

in Pa. Muzzle loading its really primative. You must use a flintlick and round ball. No scopes, No caps, primers ,sabots, not even maxi balls.....like its 1799.

6. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Wow gee thanks for adding something completely useless and incorrect as always.

In PA Muzzle Loading season is wide open, use whatever the hell you want as long as it is loaded down the muzzle. Muzzle loader season is in mid October i believe (don
    't feel like looking it up)

In PA FLINT LOCK season you have to use the primitive stuff. Flint Lock season overlaps with late season archery and starts after Xmas and runs till mid January. (unless you are in the special areas in which case Muzzle Loader season starts right after rifle season

I'm sure you'll eventually get one right if you keep trying Long Draw.

I'm looking forward to Winter Archery... just as long as the Doe don't decide Nocturnal is for them I'll be happy. It looks like 6 or 7 survived the orange invasion. 2 are definitely mature doe, 2 button bucks (which I don't want to shoot but I need the meat) and a bunch of little ones...

Its about time to kick off "Its Brown its Down" season! Fill the freezer or its beef for another year! :frusty:

7. Long Draw

Long Draw Banned

i havent hunted pa in a few years...it used to be flintlock only not too long ago.

8. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

what year was that? :laugh:

9. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

OK I see Mr Dredly you make fun of my spelling. But no, not when one of your home state boys type o's it is ok.
    Our archery season starts in Ga extended season after Christmas. I guess Christman is a new Pa holiday lol

10. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

That was not aimed at you sir.

11. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Ehh Xmas, Christman... they are all the same. Its all about non-religious gov't sponsored holidays.

Now quit Tailing me!